Connecting Rooms

I have gotten them when someone came in the next day. I mentioned it at check in, and they had it noted. However, I didn't get any of my other requests, but the connecting room request was the most important.

I would say this request is a tough one. Even if you were checking in at the same time, connecting rooms are never promised, so arriving on two different days makes the request even more difficult to grant.

Can anyone confirm the "discussion" regarding whether connecting rooms can be guaranteed? On the FD thread (quite popular), we are having varying opinions and I would truly appreciate a clear and precise answer from experts.

Yes. It's happened to me 3 times when traveling with other people. I didn't even request connecting. I just linked our reservations. Of course it's not guaranteed, but it is possible.

It happened for me at Pop, POR and YC. At Pop and POR we arrived the day before our family members. At YC they arrived 2 days before us.

Can anyone confirm the "discussion" regarding whether connecting rooms can be guaranteed? On the FD thread (quite popular), we are having varying opinions and I would truly appreciate a clear and precise answer from experts.

It cannot be guaranteed.

Connecting rooms are never guaranteed - even if your reservation says "guaranteed connecting rooms". People have arrived to find that they do NOT have connecting rooms despite having been assured by Disney CM's that they will. Even in circumstances where it is more than just something that you would like, but is actually a need, connecting rooms are not always possible. So, if you really need to be in the same space, it is wise to book DVC or some such place that keeps you all together without a connecting rooms request. Handicapped people and elderly people and children (all requiring care) have been put in non connecting rooms from their care givers. I have read/heard multiple angry reports of people with these type scenarios. It is sometimes a problem.

However, every effort is made to accommodate peoples needs first and wishes as well. SO, if you do need a connecting set of rooms, your odds are better that you will get it if you request them. Most people given a 'guarantee' will arrive to find that they DO have connecting rooms. So they then state that their connecting rooms were guaranteed.

It just makes sense until you happen to be one of the ones that learn the hard way "connecting rooms are not guaranteed" after all. Hence the confusion.

They are not guaranteed. Disney's own web site states they are a request only. As rooms are only pre-assigned a few days out, and connecting rooms are not a bookable category, there is no way to guarantee them. Disney will do their best, and odds are good you get them if requested. However, I am about 50/50 when it comes to getting them. And there is one poster who was a single adult with multiple children who did not get them, even though her reservation stated she would.

it is all about what is available when they assign your room. And your room assignment can be changed up to and including arrival day. If not getting connecting rooms would ruin a trip, then it is not smart to rely on them.

Thank you all for the replies. Everything said here is exactly in line with what I was stating. I'm no expert, but I thought I fully understood the concept/process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter