Connecting rooms anxiety

Meglen

DIS Veteran
Now this is prolly not the question that you thought you would read.. anyone here hate being assigned a connecting room? I do not like the extra door and always have to double check to make sure it's locked but they always seem less secure than the main doors.

I usally end up putting our luggage in front of them so I can get some sleep . Anyone else dislike staying in them as well ?

They don't bother me...unless my kids are in the room next door. :rolleyes:

If someone can break through the security lock on the door, your luggage isn't going to offer a lot of protection. Just sayin' :D

You are 100% correct hah but it makes me feel better somehow :p

They make me a little anxious too but once it's locked, I don't worry too much!

Yep, I hate connecting rooms. I always check the door is locked and put my luggage in front of the door (it’s wasted space anyway) but for me it’s less the security and more the noise. One time (not at Disney) we had a family arrive very late in the room next to us and the kids were exploring the room trying to get our adjoining door open (they were quite young). My friend stuck their head out our regular door and complained (they were still bringing their bags up and yelling out to round up the kids) but the complaint was not well received. Ever since then I’ve hated connecting rooms due to the noise risk.

I only hate it when strangers in the next room mess with their door but I am not concerned about safety. The door is locked on my side and there's no knob or anything on the other side of the door.

Only because of noise, the door is locked and there is no door knob on the other side so the can’t get in so that part doesn’t concern me.

If having a connecting door bothers you for any reason, it is possible to request a room without one. After too many sleepless nights due to noise coming all too clearly through the connecting door, we started requesting that our rooms not have one. Hasn't been a problem since.

I hate them too!
Unless we are traveling with family and they are on the other side.

We got back yesterday from The Yacht Club, we had a connecting door, unfortunately.
Started bright and early Saturday morning, baby screaming, then older child screaming, then Mom screaming at Dad, Dad and Mom and kids all screaming,Dad screams at kid to stop making noise. It was a nightmare both mornings.
Yesterday, they started at 630am and woke me up, by 730 they were in the hallway screaming waking up everyone for sure.
Inconsiderate.

Not many hotels these days don't have connecting rooms. My last hotel stay the room didn't have connecting doors, but we got bumped up to a suite.

Like most everyone else I don't like them because of the noise that comes through.

Now this is prolly not the question that you thought you would read.. anyone here hate being assigned a connecting room? I do not like the extra door and always have to double check to make sure it's locked but they always seem less secure than the main doors.

I usally end up putting our luggage in front of them so I can get some sleep . Anyone else dislike staying in them as well ?

I know what you mean. In my 20’s and 30’s, I traveled frequently around the country for work. As a woman traveling alone, those doors always made me a bit uncomfortable as a personal safety issue, as well as the noise factor.

It’s less of a concern when traveling with DH and family, although I still prefer no connecting door (unless of course I know the people in the other room). For extra security, I suggest bringing a small rubber wedge door stopper.

I have to say that tried to open the door at like two hotels and when they were both locked, I assumed housekeeping would lock them before they left. I never even thought about not all hotels being the same and some of them being unlocked. From a lot of hotels I go to though, there always seems to be some big piece of furniture in front of the door anyway :scratchin

I don;t pay them much attention. Usually put our luggage in front of them. When we had a stroller that was where we parked it.

One of my room requests always includes- No connecting door, if possible. My main issue is possible noise from the neighbors. Like others, I've had very rude neighbors and the connecting door let in so much noise!

The ONLY time I like a connecting door is when I travel with my adult daughter and give her a Poly room next to my Poly room. It's a treat to have our own rooms and yet still be 'connected'.

Other than that, I despise connecting doors with ignorant loud neighbors...especially when that connecting door is in the living room of the studio. (BWV) At least BCV has a connecting door by the front door and 'slightly' less noise coming from next door.

I really don't think of it as a security risk, just a noise risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!