Confusion over restaurant pricing for buffets and character meals

ErinInCT

Someday my tag will come...
All I see is a range. Planning a trip mid June. Am I to assume this is a busy season and therefore I use the highest price listed on the reservation? If anyone knows actual prices for the following I'd appreciate it so I can decide if I should go with DDP or pay OOP.

June 18 - HDDR cat 1 dinner
June 19 - Biergarten dinner
June 20 - H&V Fantasmic dinner package
June 21 - Garden Grill breakfast
June 22 - CRT lunch

Thanks!

HopperFan beat me to it. Look at the first post on that thread. There's a list of all such meals with their current prices, and it is constantly updated.

I actually saw that but thought it was for CURRENT prices. Do they go up in the summer? I thought something said prices change based on busy season. Are the prices listed on that first post going to be the same mid June? Well, I'll just use what it shows now and try to get an idea if it is beneficial to go with DDP.

OMG WHERE IS THE EYES POPPING OUT EMOJI??? No wonder I've been doing all CS meals the past couple trips! $80 for Cinderella???? $60 for H&V to get a seat for Fantasmic? Awww, heck no!

That being said, maybe DDP is a good option if I want to go to these outrageously priced places!!

Last edited:

I actually saw that but thought it was for CURRENT prices. Do they go up in the summer? I thought something said prices change based on busy season. Are the prices listed on that first post going to be the same mid June? Well, I'll just use what it shows now and try to get an idea if it is beneficial to go with DDP.
Those are the current prices, but no one can predict pricing changes in advance. Usually prices go up, never down.

OMG WHERE IS THE EYES POPPING OUT EMOJI??? No wonder I've been doing all CS meals the past couple trips! $80 for Cinderella???? $60 for H&V to get a seat for Fantasmic? Awww, heck no!

That being said, maybe DDP is a good option if I want to go to these outrageously priced places!!

Just make sure you do the math. The meals you listed will need 7 TS credits. If you're only staying 4 or 5 nights, you'll still need to pay OOP somewhere. Also, you can't do Cat 1 at HDDR with the DDP.

If you look at those dates on each restaurant you will see some future prices, like for Easter, Mother's Day etc.

Don't forget, even if you buy the dining plan, you need to budget for tips for all those TS restaurants (except at HDDR and CRT where tax and tip is included in the price).

It's very likely the prices will increase before your trip. And yeah I agree - the prices are SO inflated it's bordering on insanity. Oh! Hopper Fan is correct, you can't to the Hoop cat 1 with the dining plan. Our family does not buy the dining plan anymore, never works to our benefit in part due to the way we eat.

but is not for sure downstairs. if get fine but I can not do the steps would not be good to get there and find ressie to be upstairs as seating for cat 2 can be either downstairs or upstairs
I would think that if you called guest relations concerning your mobility issue they could guarantee your cat 2 reservation would be downstairs.
Isn't there a special number for these types of questions? I'd say absolutely worth a phone call to find out.

I would think that if you called guest relations concerning your mobility issue they could guarantee your cat 2 reservation would be downstairs.
Isn't there a special number for these types of questions? I'd say absolutely worth a phone call to find out.
this comes from talking with Guest Services only way to be sure of main floor is cat 1. might get me and husband on main floor that night but not whole party and we want to sit with the whole family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter