confirm reservation 5 days prior to check-in?

disnemimi

Mimi to 6 Awesome Grandchildren
I heard somewhere that it is best to call 5 days before your check-in date to confirm your requests at Disney hotels. We will be staying at the Polynesian in September and would like to know if I should call the resort direct or CRO to confirm my requests. Any information you could share would be appreciated.
:confused3
disnemimi

It is BEST to make your requests when you make your reservation. You can call and reiterate your request/s five days before you arrive, but that may or may not be any more effective.

I heard somewhere that it is best to call 5 days before your check-in date to confirm your requests at Disney hotels. We will be staying at the Polynesian in September and would like to know if I should call the resort direct or CRO to confirm my requests. Any information you could share would be appreciated.
:confused3
disnemimi

I've always had luck sending a fax 5 days before my trip. I just write a small, cute little letter confirming the dates, number in the party and any requests (in order of importance) that I previously requested when I booked the trip. I've done this the last 3 trips and have always had good luck.

Thank you for the replies. I am still confused as I heard in May the reservation systems were changed and it was necessary to call 5 days before arrival to confirm. I am just wanting to make sure we can request connecting rooms with my daughter and her family. I listened to a podcast this week and someone suggested calling the hotel direct. I guess I might "cover my bases" and call both.
Thank you for your help.
disnemimi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter