Condo at Windsor Hills Question

SandrainNC

DIS Veteran
We are considering renting a condo at Windsor Hills. My question is are there a lot of personal breakable items sitting around for decorating? My youngest will be almost 2 when we go and I am afraid of him breaking things. Is it easy to move items out of the way or are there too many things to remove to safe places? Our other option is a suite hotel, but we would have more room in the condo.

Thanks!

Sandra

Each property is individually owned so it is hard to say. We have stayed in a TH at WH twice & there weren't a lot of ornaments around. You could always put everything in a kitchen cupboard!!

Thanks! That is what I was thinking too unless there were just tons of personal items.

Sandra

Go with the condo, you will not regret it. My boys were 10 & 18 months on our last trip. Anything that I was afraid he might break, I just moved to higher ground. Most of the condos are fairly child proof, but you can always ask the owner specifics.

By the way, staying off property in a condo was the best decision we have ever made. It was so nice having the extra space and not having to turn off the lights and tip toe around at night.

There are often decorations (and fancy placesettings) when we arrive at a condo. We just gather things up and put them in a closet or cupboard for safe keeping.

We rented a condo last year when my son was 2 and it wasn't too bad as far as breakables, except that they had the table set nicely with glassware and everything when we arrived. I quickly put all of that away and other things up high on shelves. We rented a condo in Myrtle Beach when he was one year old and my nephew was also one year old that had TONS of breakables. We had to go through and do some serious childproofing that time, but you can usually find high shelves or other places to stash things. The hardest part is trying to remember how to put everything back when you leave!

We have 6 children and I only had to move a couple of items. Also the table was beautifully set when we walked in and the first thing I did after we got in was put all of the plates and glasses away!;) It did look great when we walked in though!!!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter