concierge

diznynut

Mouseketeer
We are going to DL in March and are staying at Paradise Pier. I am leanimg towards staying concierge because we have never done this before and my mom who never goes anywhere is going to be with us. Can anyone tell me about this service and how mant times a day there are extras in the lounge. We will also have the dining plan but I am just curious.

I've only done concierge at PPH once, but at the GCH many times. I suspect that the service will be similar. They ususally have light fare from breakfast and snacks throughout the day. There is also an evening wine hour. We utilize it repeatedly throughout the day when we return from the parks for naps/breaks, as well as before they for the night close.

We have also used their service to book meal reservations.

Well, in general of course it refers to the person at the hotel who is there to solve your problems.....like find hard to get dining reservations, tickets to a show, or just an umbrella if it is raining. You then of course tip them which is how they make their living.Many hotels have a concierge floor that requires a special access. The rooms have upgraded amenities, access to a lounge with meals/snacks/alcohol, and the services of the concierge.
The three Disney resorts each a concierge floor.

We spent Thanksgiving week on the concierge floor at Hard Rock Hotel....and loved it ! My other favorite place to stay concierge is in very expensive cities like DC, where access to the free food really saves $$$$$.

It can, which is why it seems to be the best buy in more expensive cities. Also the cost is per room, so the more people you have in your room perhaps the more value you are getting. Lastly the upgrades can be reasonable to free depending on your loyalty club status. Since i was a Lowes first member, I got the concierge for just $35 more per night.Now that I am a platinum member....i think it will be free next time.

I'm bumping this back up. I would really appreciate if anyone has specifics about the rooms and what type of food is offered throughout the day. We have the dining plan and are hoping to supplement with concierge. I went ahead and booked concierge because it is something we have never done.

Albertan mom said:
Sounds cool.

Does it cost alot more?

I looked into it for our stay at GCH and it would have been another $1000 for 5 nights - we passed as it would not have been worth it for us.

diznynut said:
I'm bumping this back up. I would really appreciate if anyone has specifics about the rooms and what type of food is offered throughout the day. We have the dining plan and are hoping to supplement with concierge. I went ahead and booked concierge because it is something we have never done.

Try doing an advanced search on the trip board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter