Concierge-Transatlantic

laevson4712

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done the Transatlantic concierge? Is it worth it or should we just save the $2000 and do Verandah? Thanks!

We haven't, but I've talked to several who have. We spent a good bit of time with a family who did on an EBPC and it was pretty amazing.

They literally take care of everything for you. Plus you have the exclusive lounge on Deck 10/11. There's an article out there (I'm sure Dr. Google can find it for you) basically saying that this family went Concierge and will never cruise again without it.

Personally, my cheap side always wins out and I can't bring myself to spend the extra cash.

Either way, you're on a DCL cruise, so you win!

Value is such a subjective thing. What's "worth it" for one person might be a waste of money for the next. Only you can decide that. For me, with just a $2000 upcharge I'd do Concierge in a heartbeat. You'll most likely have Kemisha as one of your hosts, and she's amazing. Ask for her husband, Cedomir, as your head server and you'll be in high cotton.

I've done 2 EBTAs in concierge. In 2013 we were in one of the larger mid-ship Cat. Ts (8532) and in 2014 in a 2 bedroom Cat S. IMO, concierge is perfect for TA crossings. With all of the sea days you have plenty of time to truly enjoy the suite and the perks that come along with it. The prices used to be quite the value too.

We are on the same trip and we opted for the upgrade. We were in a 4A and opted for the new V classification and were offered (8584) based on our request. You don't get a choice unless you ask to be on the list again - as I understand it from DCL. In the past, when we have been with the kids (no kids this time), we've found the upgrade invaluable on 7 day cruises. As a point of reference we were at the full price for the 4A as I booked in December and was given the same almost $2k price for the upgrade and were given till 4/12 to PIF the additional levy. Which over 11 days for 2 people is not as bad as the price quoted on other European cruises ($54k for a Royal (ack!). You'll get to board early and check-in early too as well as get a late check-out in NY when we dock as well as all of the other perks.

Off subject - It will be interesting to see if they made any changes to the concierge lounge or the rooms while she was in dry dock. The Wonder has a larger concierge deck after its last dry dock - if I'm not mistaken. AcquDame was really nice and took pictures of one of the V suites on the Magic on her recent trip. You can find the thread here if you want to see what the suite looks like (remember the room sqft includes the space on your deck): https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-cat-v-on-disney-magic.3641558/page-2#post-58744342

Last edited:
Did concierge on the 2016 EB transatlantic. For reference, we were traveling with a three and a six-year-old, so for us having the extra room in the suite was extremely helpful for little one's nap times. We absolutely loved hanging out in the suite, and we really loved hanging out in the concierge lounge. What we found interesting on the days at sea, which they were five of them, and in the freezing North Atlantic, is the public areas were very very very crowded, to the point a family of four could not find a place to sit. And definitely not buy a window because people staked a claim to those in the wee hours of the morning.However, in the concierge lounge, there is always a place for us to relax and do crafts or read a book. It worked out wonderfully for us, and though I do not know if I would pay the premium that some concierge state rooms are going out these days ($72k for 11 day Iceland/Norway) I found that the concierge perks on the transatlantic made the trip for us. I would say if it is in your budget you could get a lot of bang for your buck given the length of the cruise.
Enjoy your cruise! Let me know if you have any questions

I also think a Key part of going concierge for us is that we do not have to be surrounded by so many people, as that is not relaxing for us. Having a place to escape the crowds is valuable for us, as we work with people the rest the year. Having peace and quiet is what we savor and I could completely find value in a $2000 upgrade for that reason, where others might find value in using that money on something else.

I also think a Key part of going concierge for us is that we do not have to be surrounded by so many people, as that is not relaxing for us. Having a place to escape the crowds is valuable for us, as we work with people the rest the year. Having peace and quiet is what we savor and I could completely find value in a $2000 upgrade for that reason, where others might find value in using that money on something else.

Like another cruise! :)

I was interested to see the Concierge cost for my 7/17/19 Dream Cruise since it is my birthday and I would love to splurge on a cabana that day (especially since apparently they only offer Palo brunch on the 2nd Castaway day, which stinks since that day is my birthday and I booked it for the extra day on Serenity Bay), but it’s like $2500 more than my 5A. That is more than the cruise I am looking to book for February!! Plus if I paid that I would not be able to afford the cabana!! (Not really, but jeez!!) I’ll take the extra cruise, please!

Did concierge on the 2016 EB transatlantic. For reference, we were traveling with a three and a six-year-old, so for us having the extra room in the suite was extremely helpful for little one's nap times. We absolutely loved hanging out in the suite, and we really loved hanging out in the concierge lounge. What we found interesting on the days at sea, which they were five of them, and in the freezing North Atlantic, is the public areas were very very very crowded, to the point a family of four could not find a place to sit. And definitely not buy a window because people staked a claim to those in the wee hours of the morning.However, in the concierge lounge, there is always a place for us to relax and do crafts or read a book. It worked out wonderfully for us, and though I do not know if I would pay the premium that some concierge state rooms are going out these days ($72k for 11 day Iceland/Norway) I found that the concierge perks on the transatlantic made the trip for us. I would say if it is in your budget you could get a lot of bang for your buck given the length of the cruise.
Enjoy your cruise! Let me know if you have any questions

OMG - I saw $54k and thought that was bad.

We did WBTA in a midship category T and loved it, for us the ship was the real destination. We loved the quiet space on the sun deck. If it is In your budget a transatlantic is worth the splurge in my opinion.

We did WBTA in a midship category T and loved it, for us the ship was the real destination. We loved the quiet space on the sun deck. If it is In your budget a transatlantic is worth the splurge in my opinion.
Agree! Midship cat Ts are ridiculously amazing! That would be the destination!!! We did Alaska in a Cat T midship- love it to no end! Looking at opening day prices this week I am glad we did it when we would choose to do so. We could not sail in a Cat 5 for what we paid for the Cat T back in the day... thats a whole 'other conversation, though!

I think it goes with all vacations.. how to make your vacation dollars deliver the most value they can, and for each person and situation and even time in life, it varies to how to get the most value from your vacations!

Enjoy!

Thanks everyone! Y'all convinced my husband and we are going Concierge!!

OMG - I saw $54k and thought that was bad.

The whole reason we decided to do the Transatlantic is because we looked at the 11-night Norway & Iceland cruise on opening day for Silver. For our family of 3 we were quoted $16000 for a OV room!! We were shocked and immediately started looking for a different cruise. We are going to fly back to the states (via a military HOP), drive to Miami and take a longer cruise with a better room for less.

The whole reason we decided to do the Transatlantic is because we looked at the 11-night Norway & Iceland cruise on opening day for Silver. For our family of 3 we were quoted $16000 for a OV room!! We were shocked and immediately started looking for a different cruise. We are going to fly back to the states (via a military HOP), drive to Miami and take a longer cruise with a better room for less.

Need a new sub board. Selling personal organs and limbs for Disney Cruise payments. I'd say selling spouses, but mine would have already sold me for a new model....a long long time ago...

Don't mind me asking what cabin? I wondered if a mid-ship are opening up?

You will really like the transatlantic. It was spoiling. There are not as many people on the boat, and everyone is so much friendlier than what we had ever experienced on any other cruise.... it is like a little community. Enjoy!

Need a new sub board. Selling personal organs and limbs for Disney Cruise payments. I'd say selling spouses, but mine would have already sold me for a new model....a long long time ago...
I have a first born that has been a pain all day :rotfl2:also it sounds like you’re living your best Disney life now!! :thumbsup2

Don't mind me asking what cabin? I wondered if a mid-ship are opening up?

The cabin is 8550 and if you’re interested it should be available on Monday. We changed our mind and decided to do a BTB in a verandah. Some price too!!!:cool1: And still less than the 11 night Norway & Iceland Cruise :eek:

Like another cruise! :)

I was interested to see the Concierge cost for my 7/17/19 Dream Cruise since it is my birthday and I would love to splurge on a cabana that day (especially since apparently they only offer Palo brunch on the 2nd Castaway day, which stinks since that day is my birthday and I booked it for the extra day on Serenity Bay), but it’s like $2500 more than my 5A. That is more than the cruise I am looking to book for February!! Plus if I paid that I would not be able to afford the cabana!! (Not really, but jeez!!) I’ll take the extra cruise, please!
I realize almost everyone who posted on this thread said to go for it, but I'm with you: $2000 is another cruise! I can afford to book any cabin I want, but I almost always choose a longer trip or more trips to a luxurious one. Inside cabins are fine with me, and I booked small (108 sq.ft.) studio cabins on 2 solo RCI cruises.

I realize almost everyone who posted on this thread said to go for it, but I'm with you: $2000 is another cruise! I can afford to book any cabin I want, but I almost always choose a longer trip or more trips to a luxurious one. Inside cabins are fine with me, and I booked small (108 sq.ft.) studio cabins on 2 solo RCI cruises.

Have your already swapped? I'd love to call Concierge SS and swap rooms... or just have you let them know to the couple in 8584 want to swap and to call us .....THANKS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter