Concierge, Security Lines, and Port Canveral

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
As some of you may already know I have mobility issues, as does my wife. We are going to be staying in concierge next year (by which time I am hoping things will be back to normal) and I know there is a special check in line for Concierge, does this include a special line for security check? I remember our last cruise it took us 45 minutes to get through that line... I don't think either of us can stand that long anymore.

No, there is no special line for Concierge guests at security. You should plan on arriving either after 11:30 or by the DCL shuttle to avoid waiting in line at security

Pre covid they started boarding the ship 11:15-11:30 and by about 12:30 the lines were gone for checking in as well as for security. I suggest getting there 12:15-12:30.
Lunch is served for Concierge guest so you won’t have to worry about the lines in Cabanas for lunch.

With magical Express ending will there still be transport from WDW to DCL?

No, there is no special line for Concierge guests at security. You should plan on arriving either after 11:30 or by the DCL shuttle to avoid waiting in line at security

With magical Express ending will there still be transport from WDW to DCL?
Magical express was for resort guest to get from the airport to Disney World.
Mears has always run buses( marked like Cruise line buses) from certain resorts to the port for a fee.
I can't see why they would stop doing this but you never know.

Saw an ad on the back of a Mears taxi today.
They are looking to hire bus drivers.
They will pay to train you and I think starting pay was around $18.00 an hour to start.
I do not think the shuttle services are going away just the free Magical Express is and it will be replaced with a for fee service like in the past is my guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter