Concierge Room Change

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
Dumb question can you request a room change and if someone cancels they move you?

I really like our room location but if an extended verandah becomes available I wouldn't mind switching.

Is this something I can work with shoreside to request or do I just need to monitor and then call to possibly have changed?

Both would be category V rooms on the 12th deck on Fanatasy.

I asked this question and was told that there is no "wait list" as per say for Concierge, but that I can keep checking the web site and if I see a room open up to let them know and they will gladly switch us.

We are sailing in Jan 2022 on the Fantasy and I was hoping to switch to the other side of the ship. We sailed the port side of the Dream on our March 2020 cruse so I was just hoping for a different view. Not a deal breaker for us, but I do check the web site occasionally to see if anything has opened up.

I stalk the website constantly for rooms to open up and my travel advisor does also. I'm stalking a concierge change in September and a 4E change for New Year Cruise.

I stalk the website constantly for rooms to open up and my travel advisor does also. I'm stalking a concierge change in September and a 4E change for New Year Cruise.
I did this for our 10N Southern (before it was cancelled) and managed to get 12000. I bookmarked the cruise page from DCL and would check multiple times a day. Best time to check though would be at the Concierge PIF date.

For those who have traveled category V what is your favorite room on the Fantasy is it those bump out rooms? We have the room attached to the Suite right now so think its kind of cool that it has that theming and is at the end of the hallway.

For those who have traveled category V what is your favorite room on the Fantasy is it those bump out rooms? We have the room attached to the Suite right now so think its kind of cool that it has that theming and is at the end of the hallway.

We've only sailed on the Fantasy once and it was in 12510. We liked that room so much we have it booked again for our next Fantasy cruise in January 2022.

The extra veranda space is great, plus its like right across from the side entrance to the lounge.

We sailed in that when our friends had the Walt Suite. It is nice, but not as nice as the bump out with the larger veranda (if you use the veranda). My first choice would be Deck 12 bump out, then Deck 11 bump out, then deck 11 regular, then deck 12 regular. We really like the Deck 11 cabins.

We sailed in that when our friends had the Walt Suite. It is nice, but not as nice as the bump out with the larger veranda (if you use the veranda). My first choice would be Deck 12 bump out, then Deck 11 bump out, then deck 11 regular, then deck 12 regular. We really like the Deck 11 cabins.
Why did you like deck 11 more? I am thinking deck 12 partly because we are on same level as the lounge then.

Actually was just able to grab 11004 on the bumpout so sitting good now.

Will keep checking for deck 12. I suspect someone might cancel still.

Last edited:
I am thinking deck 12 partly because we are on same level as the lounge then.

You definitely want to be on Deck 12 if possible. I've stayed on Deck 11 before and it's fine. The partial covering of the verandah is nice sometimes but 12 is much more convenient if you plan to spend a lot of time in the lounge.

The two Category 03A rooms that connect to the Royal Suites are a couple of my favorite rooms along with the bump outs on 12.

You definitely want to be on Deck 12 if possible. I've stayed on Deck 11 before and it's fine. The partial covering of the verandah is nice sometimes but 12 is much more convenient if you plan to spend a lot of time in the lounge.

The two Category 03A rooms that connect to the Royal Suites are a couple of my favorite rooms along with the bump outs on 12.

Ya the piece I have heard about those rooms connected to the suites was that its harder to see aft because of the bump out.

Now I am torn as I could still grab the room back and its on my preferred side of the ship haha. I was just thinking having the extended verandah would be nice but now that I think about there being a sun deck right above us not sure it matters.

So I guess it comes down to the limited view towards aft. Might look up some pictures.

We sail all concierge and I will let you in on a little secret. If you book your room on the starboard side, you can watch the fireworks from your veranda. Also we found that we like any of the rooms from 12520 to 12506. These room are quite due to there location.

Why did you like deck 11 more? I am thinking deck 12 partly because we are on same level as the lounge then.

Actually was just able to grab 11004 on the bumpout so sitting good now.

Will keep checking for deck 12. I suspect someone might cancel still.

I love deck 11. I prefer as little noise and foot traffic as possible when it comes to staterooms. Going from the deck 11 staterooms up to the concierge lounge is not a far walk, at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter