Concierge position and related interview questions

FutrImagineer

Mouseketeer
Hey everybody,

Just wondering if anybody worked in a concierge position or knew somebody that did. If so, is there any information you can share about it (other than what is provided on the basic role checklist)?

Also, if you applied for concierge, what related questions did the interviewer ask?

Thanks so much! Lots of love for fellow Fall/FA '10 applicants!

While I haven't worked as a concierge, I did talk about it in my Spring interview. She asked me how I would welcome guests, an example of when I had given good guest service, and if I was comfortable learning new computer systems. HTH!

I'm not a CP, but currently a concierge. You spend a lot of time attempting to make dining reservations and wanting to strangle the person who designed the dining reservation software. It's a fun role, I get a lot of guest interaction, and our management team gives us a lot of latitude to try and solve problems for our guests.

Interview questions probably include stuff about being comfortable learning new computer systems, ability to deliver bad news ("I'm sorry, there's no reservations available at Cinderella's Royal Table for the next month, and yes, I can see that your 4 year old is bawling because her lifelong dream of eating dinner with the princesses is completely ruined, but I still can't get you a reservation there"), ability to interact with large numbers of people, and techniques you might use to help provide guest service and/or service recovery.

I'm not a CP, but currently a concierge. You spend a lot of time attempting to make dining reservations and wanting to strangle the person who designed the dining reservation software. It's a fun role, I get a lot of guest interaction, and our management team gives us a lot of latitude to try and solve problems for our guests.

Interview questions probably include stuff about being comfortable learning new computer systems, ability to deliver bad news ("I'm sorry, there's no reservations available at Cinderella's Royal Table for the next month, and yes, I can see that your 4 year old is bawling because her lifelong dream of eating dinner with the princesses is completely ruined, but I still can't get you a reservation there"), ability to interact with large numbers of people, and techniques you might use to help provide guest service and/or service recovery.

Thanks for posting that! I agree with you on the new dining system..lol..

I applied for concierge and I got that and hospitality related questions. These are some you may get.

- What do you think the duties of a concierge are?
- How are you experienced for this role?
- How would you make each guest feel special?
- Do you have any cash handling experience?
- How do you feel working with a computerized reservation system?

Thanks so much for the replies! Concierge and hospitality are in my top 3 roles (#1 and #3 to be exact), and my interview is tomorrow. I feel much better knowing some of the potential questions and more about the role itself. Thanks again! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the replies! Concierge and hospitality are in my top 3 roles (#1 and #3 to be exact), and my interview is tomorrow. I feel much better knowing some of the potential questions and more about the role itself. Thanks again! :thumbsup2

This time she stressed that it was very selective and those without resort experience (like me) are less likely to get it, so we talked about hospitality instead. Just an FYI!

This time she stressed that it was very selective and those without resort experience (like me) are less likely to get it, so we talked about hospitality instead. Just an FYI!

Boo :sad2: Thanks for letting me know. My interviewer didn't mention that, but I already knew that my top 3 roles were super competitive. Now it's time for the long looooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg wait.

Can a CP get placed in any Disney hotel, or only certain ones?

What are the hotels like there? I've never been to any of the hotels but I'd love to get a role as hospitality or concierge!

I read that if you're concierge you will only be placed at resorts with club concierge. I know that those are in the deluxe hotels, but I am not sure if the moderate or Disney vacation club ones have it too.

I read that if you're concierge you will only be placed at resorts with club concierge. I know that those are in the deluxe hotels, but I am not sure if the moderate or Disney vacation club ones have it too.

All Disney Internships and Programs Participants in Concierge Roles may be used at any Concierge position throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. Indeed, most Participants will be placed in Lobby Concierge roles at any of the Disney Value, Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa (Part of Disney Vacation Club) Resorts.

Club Concierge positions are highly sought after. Cast Members are drawn for these positions from existing Lobby Concierge Cast, with Seniority playing a large role in the selection process. As such, while Participants may be placed in such a role, it is highly unlikely.

So there are different kinds of concierge roles. Lobby Concierge and Club Concierge are completely different. Are there any other kinds?

So there are different kinds of concierge roles. Lobby Concierge and Club Concierge are completely different. Are there any other kinds?

They're actually the same role. All Concierge Hosts and Hostesses are trained in the Lobby. However, only a few are trained on Club-Level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter