Concierge level rooms at DL hotel ????

KNWVIKING

DIS Veteran
Are they larger then the standard studio ? Do they offer the best views of the parks ? Do the guests have a seperate lounge area ?

DW and I will be spending 8 nites in a concierge room and are wondering what to expect.

KNWVIKING

It sounds like you decided on DLH. We have also stayed at the concierge level at the DLH. It has been a couple of years but the rooms were the same size as those on the other levels. There is a seperate lounge for breakfast, wine & cheese, etc. The view will depend on what you booked. I believe you either get a pool view or view of DD. If you go to www.laughingplace.com they have a nice review and pictures of the hotel. It is also a very good site for all things Disneyland.

... Yeah, GM helped make that decision for me. The trip was for 2 adult,2 kids, but since we're going without kids GM offered to pick up the tab for the extra four nites at DLH concierge level to make up the difference. I think the hustle & bustle of DLH should be reduced since we're going in mid sept and kids should be in school.

I don't blame you, I'd do the same thing. It is still a very nice hotel and we would certainly stay there again. I would guess the map would make it look a little more removed than it really is, which I think was one of your questions earlier. Also, just a short walk from the hotel is the monorail which will take you inside DL. One other thing we factor in is that if we have something else we want to see in the area, we do it on Saturday. It is always the busiest day and there are lots of local kids who use DL as a hangout on Friday nights and Saturdays. That is one thing you never have to deal with in WDW.

We were planning on doing most of our non-disney stuff on the weekends. Hadn't thought about local kids using the park as a hangout-your right,never in WDW. I'm sure we're going to love DL but one little part of me thinks I'm going to be disappointed because DL isn't like its own city the way WDW is. But I do like International drive in Orlando so maybe I'm getting the best of both worlds at DL. Time will tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter