Concerns about Pop...

Rhianna.07

DIS Family Page
Hey all. During this upcoming week we will be staying at Pop for one night Wednesday 10/23 through Thursday 10/24. I am now starting to get more concerned about space. We are a family of 4 adults and these rooms seem small, like REALLY SMALL! We initally chose Pop over AoA because of the recent room updates but once you flip down that murphy bed its like bam no space! And on top of that now we are hearing about how noisy the resort can be as well. Trying not to stress too much but sort of freaking out! Even though it is for one night, we won't be going to the parks that day and were planning on spending it at the pool, arcade, or in the room. If anyone has any tips please let me know!

The beds are comfy, and I never have experienced much noise after 11 o’clock at night, so sleeping should be fine. Their main pool is really nice.

Rooms are smaller but unless you are going to do one of the family suites at AoA, the room are the same size. No-wise, I didn't find it any louder than any other resort. I would request a room away from the pool to maximize peace and quiet.

We stayed at Pop in July/Aug and had top floor, non preferred, and lake view.....we had no issues with noise. In fact no noise issues the last 2 Summers at Pop. Even if it is a little crowded after you pull the bed down, it's 1 night.

We stayed in POP before the renovation. We opened the door and the bed was *right there*. I just saw a video of the reno so now I understand the new bed. Yes, the rooms are small, but I think that the fold down bed thing is an improvement because at least you will have some space in the room when you're not sleeping.

The room is good enough for one day.

I don't find it any noisier than any other resort. We did have neighbors who let the door slam onto the latch a few dozen times in the morning, which was annoying but can happen anywhere. I wouldn't want to have four adults in one room for a long trip (not just Pop, one bathroom for four people would get very old very quickly), but one night is totally doable.

We were on the top floor in the 80s section and it was quiet, I *may* have heard a toilet flush once or twice our entire trip but I don’t remember it being loud at all. I even took a mid day nap one or two days and the only time I heard people was when my kids were coming back from the pool.

the space for walking around once the bed is down is a little limited. I didn’t find it exceptionally cramped aside from maneuvering around the table bed once it’s down, basically you take a large loop to get around the foot of the bed but it’s not like you have to turn to the side and squeeze by.

It's one night. Anything is fine for one night. I would not stress over it at all. Leave the bed up till bed.
I would not stay in the rooms with more than 2 adults and 2 kids any longer than that though.
I joked that when we stayed there the rooms were so small that I had to step outside to change my mind, LOL
You couldn't even open the door without it hitting a bed, and this was when they had full beds, not queen. A single stroller barely fit in the door and past the bed.
Noise wasn't an issue once inside our room.

Yes, the rooms are small and the resort is noisy (the walls are thin and you'll hear *everything* in your neighbors bathroom). For one night, leave the bed up until you go to sleep and you'll be fine.

Hey all. During this upcoming week we will be staying at Pop for one night Wednesday 10/23 through Thursday 10/24. I am now starting to get more concerned about space. We are a family of 4 adults and these rooms seem small, like REALLY SMALL! We initally chose Pop over AoA because of the recent room updates but once you flip down that murphy bed its like bam no space! And on top of that now we are hearing about how noisy the resort can be as well. Trying not to stress too much but sort of freaking out! Even though it is for one night, we won't be going to the parks that day and were planning on spending it at the pool, arcade, or in the room. If anyone has any tips please let me know!
Where are you spending the other nights? For a relaxing resort day, I wouldn't pick Pop, especially with 4 people.

The rooms are not big but they are also not the smallest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in :)

And location really makes a difference on noise. I will concur with the poster who said that it is mostly an issue earlier in the evening. We had a noisy (but convenient!) location on our recent trip and it was an issue when I was trying to get my daughter to go to bed at 9. But when we were out until past the pool closure time, the noise was no longer a major issue.

"walls are thin" LOL They use the same drywall at all the resorts. If you have a noisy neighbor, then you will hear them no matter which resort you are staying at. If you are talking about noise from the outside, just do not get a room near any pool area. We had a "noisy" family next to us at AKL heard them in the room and also through the balcony doors, luckily they checked out after 2 days:)

"walls are thin" LOL They use the same drywall at all the resorts. If you have a noisy neighbor, then you will hear them no matter which resort you are staying at. If you are talking about noise from the outside, just do not get a room near any pool area. We had a "noisy" family next to us at AKL heard them in the room and also through the balcony doors, luckily they checked out after 2 days:)
It's not the drywall that matters. It's the insulation. There's some difference somewhere. I have most definitely heard more noise from nearby rooms (ie showers and toilets) in Value than in the Deluxe. That has nothing to do with how much noise the neighbor makes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter