Conceirge & Dreams Unlimited

katmigordon

Mouseketeer
If I book a concierge cruise through Dreams Unlimited, will I still be able to work with the shore concierge to make plans or will I have to do that through a TA?

KashasMom

DIS Veteran
You will work directly with shore side concierge. You'll get an email from them at 130 days out. My call came a day or two before that.

• katmigordon

Mouseketeer
    Yes.

But considering they half the amount of OBC for a transfer, why would you do that? Just book through them in the first place.
    If I book with them are they going to want to deal with my upgrading when I have enough to make the downpayment? I want to nail in a cruise for sure in Sept, so I want to book a 4-day Veranda, as my just in case, I can put down the Money at the start of Agust for that, by the end of Agust I want to take that and transfer it to a 7 day Veranda (I won't sail without a Verandah) and from there at the end of Sept I want to move that to an upgrade to 7 days Concierge.

I can handle a 7-day non-conceirge, I really don't want to do it without a Veranda, and I really don't want to wait any longer than Sept of next year, I'm already jumping out of my skin... it's been too long without a vacation, much less a taste of Disney magic. I'm thinking maybe just wait until I can put the downpayment on the 7 day Verandah, but afraid they will be gone by the end of THIS August and so I want that 4 day with Veranda as a backup.

katmigordon

Mouseketeer
    Also, can I use Disney Gift Cards to pay through Dreams Unlimited? We get great gas points for buying gift cards at our local fryes.

• Maggie'sMom

DIS Veteran
    If I book with them are they going to want to deal with my upgrading when I have enough to make the downpayment? I want to nail in a cruise for sure in Sept, so I want to book a 4-day Veranda, as my just in case, I can put down the Money at the start of Agust for that, by the end of Agust I want to take that and transfer it to a 7 day Veranda (I won't sail without a Verandah) and from there at the end of Sept I want to move that to an upgrade to 7 days Concierge.

I can handle a 7-day non-conceirge, I really don't want to do it without a Veranda, and I really don't want to wait any longer than Sept of next year, I'm already jumping out of my skin... it's been too long without a vacation, much less a taste of Disney magic. I'm thinking maybe just wait until I can put the downpayment on the 7 day Verandah, but afraid they will be gone by the end of THIS August and so I want that 4 day with Veranda as a backup.
    Yes, I've used DU for several cruises and my TA has been super helpful when I've changed room types and even cancelled a cruise and rebooked for a different cruise.

Also, can I use Disney Gift Cards to pay through Dreams Unlimited? We get great gas points for buying gift cards at our local fryes.
    Yes, I've used Disney gift cards to when I've booked with DU. You can enter the gift card numbers through DU's website and they will handle the payment with DCL.

Joysnote

Joy
    >>

Of course, we are happy to take gift cards and change your room selection and so on:) We are hear to make your life more convenient and to help in any way and give you on board credit. It is so much better for you to get the full amount of credit too.

Thanks,

Joy

lanejudy

I want to nail in a cruise for sure in Sept, so I want to book a 4-day Veranda, as my just in case, I can put down the Money at the start of Agust for that, by the end of Agust I want to take that and transfer it to a 7 day Veranda (I won't sail without a Verandah) and from there at the end of Sept I want to move that to an upgrade to 7 days Concierge.
    As others have said, DU will be happy to make those upgrades for you (assuming availability when you are ready to make the changes).

But the real reason for my posting is to point out that a reservation can only be transferred within 30 days of initial booking. And you should allow at least a few days (week?) for the paperwork to be completed. So based on the above timeline, you would definitely need to transfer the reservation before your upgrade(s). Might as well book direct with DU and get full OBC, rather than wait to transfer and only get 1/2 OBC.

Just be aware that whether you book through a TA or direct through DCL, - concierge deposits are non-refundable, and that's true whether you book concierge initially or move another reservation to concierge.

Enjoy your cruise!

jlemieu1

DIS Veteran
    Also, not working for DU, they know their stuff when is comes to concierge. Ask them any questions they will have the answer.

• CM Dad

DIS Veteran
    Yes, I've used Disney gift cards to when I've booked with DU. You can enter the gift card numbers through DU's website and they will handle the payment with DCL.
    I've also used gift cards to pay for multiple cruises booked thru DU. There payment page does say:

**IMPORTANT: Partial payments can only be submitted after the deposit has been paid and cannot be less than $100.00 US.

Please note that if you are using Disney Gift Cards for partial payments they can be less than $100 each but we ask that you limit these to 10 transactions per day. Please retain all Gift Cards used until after you have completed your travel as any refunds will go back to the original card used as per Disney policy.

If you would like to use two or more gift cards each one needs to be entered as a seperate transaction. We ask that you take a few minutes and consolidate multiple gift cards into one by visiting disneygiftcard.com and click on the Manage Cards option. We appreciate you taking the time to do this as it will speed the payment process and allow us to apply your gift card payments to your reservation faster and easier.

ofcabbagesandkings

DIS Veteran
    We booked our first cruise through DU and it was concierge, no problems other than DCL mistakenly sending DU our cruise documents instead of sending them directly to us, but we were able to get copies. Our upcoming cruise we have a 4A also booked through DU and I may upgrade if possible at the port, but I didn't even consider not booking through DU. I don't use a travel agent for WDW vacations but for DCL the OBC is too good to pass up, and my agent was super helpful and always responsive.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

CASTAWAY CAY PHOTOS

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES