• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Compression Pants?

keahgirl8

DIS Veteran
For the last couple of days, my leg has been a little achy down the front. I'm not sure if it is shin splints or not. It's not excruciating, just achy. Anyway, I wondered if I needed to start wearing compression pants for running. Will it help, or does it have nothing to do with this? Thanks for all of the support, runners!

How many miles have you put in your shoes? How many miles are you running?

I'd consider shoes being dead before compression pants, unless you're running long distances.

dewingedpixie said:
How many miles have you put in your shoes? How many miles are you running?

I'd consider shoes being dead before compression pants, unless you're running long distances.

I actually just got my shoes a few weeks ago, and never had trouble until Saturday, when I ran on pavement the first time.

2 days a week, I go 2-2.5 miles. One day a week I go 3-3.5 miles. I am running and walking.

Did you hae a gait analysis when you purchased your shoes?

This could be a transition to pavement. If you're not having sharp pains and it disapates you might be ok provided the pains go down over the next couple of weeks while running. Running on pavement has a higher impact than the hamster wheel, your legs also work differently. The hamster wheel has a lower impact on your bones but it lengthens your stride causing more stretching of the tendons and ligaments. The pavement you adjust shortening your stride for the impact.

Hopefully what you are feeling is transition to the ground surface. This is why I run outside. I feel its a greater risk for injury going between the two due to the constant adjustments.

Thank you so much for this info! I will just take it easy and see how it goes. I am going to try running outside more to see if that helps'

Edit: Yes, I had an analysis when I got my shoes and I was wearing totally the wrong thing. lol I am lucky I could walk before!

I was having some front of the leg/shin type pain in the fall that would go away after 2 miles. Found out it was because my calf muscle was to tight. I worked with my foam roller to help loosen up the calf and the pain went away.

Love my foam roller. :love: Takes care of most of my aches and pains. Just hasn't worked with the boss yet. :lmao:

indygirl99 said:
I was having some front of the leg/shin type pain in the fall that would go away after 2 miles. Found out it was because my calf muscle was to tight. I worked with my foam roller to help loosen up the calf and the pain went away.

Love my foam roller. :love: Takes care of most of my aches and pains. Just hasn't worked with the boss yet. :lmao:

I have seen those, but I don't know what to do with them! I will have to do some research!

I have seen those, but I don't know what to do with them! I will have to do some research!

Runners World dot com has some great instructional videos on how to use the foam roller. I also have the stick and take it with me, in checked bags only, when I go away to races.

You asked about compression pants. I have compression socks that I use for my long runs both during the run and after and feel they make a difference is recovery.

Of course I am currently 70# overweight and I work 12 hr shifts as a nurse so I also wear them at work and feel so much better than the days I don't wear them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter