*COMPLETED* Heat to last us the winter (Oct 2009)

Leitadala

Mouseketeer
Well, I wasnt so sure this TR was going to happen, but I realized that I needed to make a new tracker for our June trip and it motivated me to do a TR to remember these good times! It will be slow-coming (Ive yet to go through my 1000+ photos from this trip) but it will get done! When we were preparing for this trip DH and I read a lot of Dining reports, and since we had deluxe dining we figured wed probably end up doing a dining report... well, let me break it to you now that DH and I fail miserably at remembering to take pictures of our food (oops maybe well get better by next time!). So this will be a regular TR that includes our reviews of the Pop Century, DisneyQuest, Character Breakfasts, and MNSSHP (which, just let me tell you, is my most favourite Disney experience EVER)! Oh, and the title references Florida's "record breaking" 95 degree October heat wave that gave us one last bit of summer before we went home and were greeted by Winnipeg Snow on our front steps! Appropriate, since my PTR was called "Meeting the Mouse before the snow comes again"!

Oct 09 PTR
Day 1: Epcot Future World & The Land
Day 2: Disney Quest
Day 3 pt 1: Magic Kingdom
Day 3 pt 2: Surprise for Blue-Skies!
Day 4: DHS
Day 5: Epcot Food & Wine Festival
Day 6: Animal Kingdom
Day 7: MNSSHP

*I never got around to posting this TR. My grandma got sick and it was a really bad year for my family. Now, almost 4 years later, Blue-Skies and I are planning our next trip (Feb 2017) and I decided I should do this October 2009 TR. It was a very exciting one, especially for Blue-Skies, so it deserves to get done! I will post the TR quickly and then it will be re-closed.*

Last edited:
DH and I arrived much earlier that Blue-Skies and BSBF (they had a late flight). We checked into Pop Century and would head on to Epcot. DH and I are big video game and cartoon nerds, so we had fun geeking out not only at the Spaceship Earth glimpse into our future, but also at the innoventions area where you got to play yourself in a video game!

We left Innoventions and headed toward the Land for our Garden Grill reservation. On the way we ran into Chip and Dale, and had this picture taken that would set the stage for Chip vs. DH for years to come, lol!

I didnt mind the motion of Garden Grill. I would have preferred to sit by the edge so we could see more, and not be positioned next to the kitchen where servers were coming out all the time, but it was ok. However, I did not love the seasoning on the food. DH (as usual) loved it, and we had fun with the characters, but it is not on my list of places to eat again.

The Character interactions were great though, and our waitress was outstanding!

I guess this is as good a place as any to mention that this was our second stay at Pop and it would be our last (forshadowing to our future DVC purchase!) because of a few reasons. I don't want to get into it, but we had a really rude manager basically tell us that Disney was meant for families, not for singles. Good thing I find out that DVC is more accommodating!​

Last edited:
We started the day out slow (compared to some Disney days), since Blue-skies and BSBF had a late night. We ate at Wolfgang Puck Express (which to this day, four years later, was the best breakfast Id ever had& maybe that has something to do with my innate love for pizza) and shopped around Downtown Disney and played in Disney Quest.

BFFs at Breakfast (and Blue-skies lovin that fruit cup!)

That Pizza! WHY havent I been back yet?!!

A Disney Day!

No Honey for DH!

Playing in Goofys Candy Co!

Love this pic!

Chasing the Hamburgler outside the (now gone) DTD McDonalds

Rock Band at Disney Quest

Dance-Dance Revolution is serious business!

The guys were really competitive!

Leaving DTD by boat for the Beach Club!

We went to Beaches & Cream for lunch, but chickened out of the Kitchen Sink! DH was so happy with their onion rings!

Ice Cream the size of your head& whats a guy to do?

So much Ice Cream!

We ate at Ohanas and got to watch the fireworks from our table! The guys really learned how stuffed they could be at that dinner! DH was peeling my shrimp and our server thought he stole my shrimp so she gave him heapings more!

Taking the (empty) Monorail to Magic Kingdom!

The guys are stuffed, but you cant tell by BSBFs smile! Nothing beats that first monorail ride!

We went to Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours afterwards. Im glad we had these pics of Minnies house, since it is gone now!

Book Club at Minnies

BSBF decided to take over gardener duties at Minnies

Love in Minnies Garden

Playing in Donalds Leaky boat

Wild Animals by Dumbo

Splash Mountain!

We started today at Chef Mickeys before heading to the Magic Kingdom!

Girls

Tall Goofs

Time for Magic Kingdom!

Four full-sized adults lead Alice to announce that we were one full cup of tea!

One of my favorite pics! Tink said that they must not have used enough pixie dust to shrink these guys, so she had to make herself taller!

Love these ladies! They didnt like that Id already put a ring on it though& lol

Momanizer!

DH wanted to go bike riding with Mickey when he found this at his home!

Mickeys Mailbox

Minnies Mailbox

Supper at Cinderellas Royal Table

Cheers!

We caught the night parade before leaving

Spectromagic!

King Triton (how often do you get to see him?! Not very&)

Chernabog

I've left something important out& see part 2 of day 3!

Before the fireworks we decided to get pictures taken at the rose garden, and then this happened!

For the rest of the trip report, BSBF (Blue-skies Boyfriend) will now be refered to as BSDF (Blue-skies Dear Fiancee)!

Spoiler alert for next trip report: Hes now known as BSDH/BD (Blue-skies dear hubby / baby daddy)
:goodvibes

1900 Park Fare for breakfast with the newly-engaged!

Tea time!

Practically Perfect

Hollywood Studios Day

We finally met Sorcerer Mickey!

Incredibles!

We have so much love for Doug  seeing him made us miss our pups!

Cant have a trip to the world without one of these!

At the Muppet fountain waiting for Muppetvision 3D

Sweetums!

Our favorite restaurant, Sci Fi!

Our hitchhikers

Cheers!

Epcot Food and Wine Festival!

Breakfast at Akershus

Princesses

Aurora

Manly Men

In the future DH will be really happy to take his vitamins every day!

Love these guys!

Mexico! Where the newly-engaged will honeymoon!

Japan

Blue-Skies tries to be a Canadian lol

Aladdin & Co

We got to see Belle for a second time today

Engaged bliss

Me and DH

I was so excited that our trip fell at the same time one of my favorite bands would be playing at Eat to the Beat!

Better than Ezra

Dinner at Coral Reef

Awww

Animal Kingdom day! Couples are color-coordinated!

Early breakfast at Tusker House with Donald

On the Safari

Elephants  well protected from poachers

Met some friends in the Jungle

Yeti!

Enjoying the adventure

DH pouting about the lack of Beastly Kingdom (or at least, about the fact that the sign shows a dragon, but there are no dragons!)

Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party Day

Started the day at Ohana for breakfast.

One of our favorites  Stitch!

Tiki

Then we went over to Blizzard Beach for some swimming.

DH is smiling because he knows there is no way he will go on Summit Plummet.

Pirate DH is enjoying gelato at Tonys Town Square Restaurant.

Extra Haunted Mansion

BSDF found a fan

Jessie and Jessi

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

So cool to see them all

Cinderellas Carriage

Cinderellas Carriage

Aurora and Phillip

Villains

My favorite Villian, Maleficent

This lady said she knows someone who would be really good at swabbing our deck if we needed a new shipmate.

Pirates

More pirates

We found the treasure!

Thats us!

It was a great trip! Thanks for letting me update this so we can look back as we plan little-Blue-Skies' first trip!

Good job,
I like it when people do fun things in their pictures with the statues or characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter