• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Comfort Inn and Suites, W Katella

ash-n-brensmom

DIS Veteran
Hey,
Anyone stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites on W Katella and not have a car? I am trying to figure out the quickest and cheapest way to and from the park.
Looks like the ART comes to the Staybridge down the road..but it's not next door. Also at the Peacock Suites across Katella, again walking a bit AND crossing Katella.
But what about the Disney lot in the next block over? Toy Story I think, is that somewhere I could feasibly get on a bus?

New to this, my first time there I walked since I was closer, and then second took the ART as it had a stop right out the door of our timeshare. I know walking in isn't a problem, but at the end of the day it's going to be AGONY! Lol

Got a great rate here, so I'll be sticking with this hotel.
Appreciate any help at all...

If you can walk to the TS lot, you are allowed to take the free shuttles to/from the parks. But be aware that TS is a very large lot and it isn't always a short hop to get to the shuttle stops. Would Uber/Lyft be an option for you? For some guests, using Uber/Lyft works out to be more budget friendly and schedule friendly than using ART. You can be dropped off at the Harbor drop off, at one of the hotels/restaurants by the crosswalk across from the Harbor drop off, or at the DTD drop off (15 min. grace period for drop off/pick ups).
NB Uber/Lyft do not have car seats, but you can use travel booster seats like Mifold or Bubblebum.

Staybridge down the road..

But what about the Disney lot in the next block over? Toy Story I think, is that somewhere I could feasibly get on a bus?

I know walking in isn't a problem, but at the end of the day it's going to be AGONY!

Got a great rate here, so I'll be sticking with this hotel.

We used to stay exclusively at CHOICE hotels on our trips to Disneyland, in order to accumulate points, so we have stayed at the Comfort Inn several times. But in recent years we switched over to both Starwood and Marriott.

We were planning on a trip to Disney World this summer, but yesterday our circumstances unexpectedly changed and we will probably go to Disneyland instead. I spent an hour doing hotel research yesterday, and like you found a great rate at the Comfort Inn. I'm hoping that the prices at the Marriott/Starwood hotels drop, but if not, I'll almost certainly be staying at the Comfort Inn.

On our last trip (summer of 2017) we stayed at the Staybridge down the road, and used taxis to go both to and from the parks (we are a family of four, and taking a taxi to and from the parks once a day was about the same cost as 4 ART passes, more or less). Going to the park was a pain because of the wait for a taxi, plus the lack of an efficient way for the taxi to park by Disneyland and drop us off. But returning to the hotel was a breeze: there were always taxis waiting along Harbor, and the trip to the hotel was efficient and relatively inexpensive.

Because of the way the one way streets are set up, a trip by taxi from the Comfort Inn to Disneyland would be quicker and cheaper than a trip from the Staybridge. The return trip would be about the same.

My tentative plan, assuming we stay at the Comfort Inn, would be to walk in the morning and return by taxi, although at age 60 I'm finding the walking to be much harder on me than it used to, so we may end up taking a taxi in both directions.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no efficient way to walk to the Toy Story lot from the Comfort Inn. There is an entrance to the lot along Katella, but the last time I checked foot traffic wasn't allowed to use that entrance.

Thank you so much for the feedback. Looking at those maps is so frustrating! Lol I will traveling alone and so I don't have to worry about multiple ART passes. Just the convenience comparison. I think I will walk over to the Toy Story Lot one day, see how it is. I can see using Uber/Lyft on the way back when I'm tired. Thanks again for the info!

Thank you so much for the feedback. Looking at those maps is so frustrating! Lol I will traveling alone and so I don't have to worry about multiple ART passes. Just the convenience comparison. I think I will walk over to the Toy Story Lot one day, see how it is. I can see using Uber/Lyft on the way back when I'm tired. Thanks again for the info!
If using Uber/Lyft to get to the parks, have the driver drop you at one of the hotels or restaurants close to the park entrance crosswalk on Harbor. Then you can just cross the street to get to the Harbor bag check. That way your driver won't have to make the U-turn at Ball to drop you at the Harbor drop off -- if there's traffic, sometimes that can take a while.

...the U-turn at Ball to drop you at the Harbor drop off -- if there's traffic, sometimes that can take a while.

That is the exact problem we had taking the taxi from the Staybridge to Disneyland. It was annoying to sit in the taxi and watch the cost rise, waiting five minutes or even more to do that U-turn.

We asked for drop off at the IHOP across from the Disneyland entrance a few times, and that worked well, but after a few days I started to feel guilty about ignoring the "No drop-offs" sign.

For the last few days, we got dropped off at the Homewood Suites on Harbor, then walked to the Toy Story lot for a shuttle. Not, I admit, the most logical solution, but it worked for us, and saved us $3 or $4 each day on the price of the taxi.

As I already mentioned, taking a taxi from Disneyland to the hotel was painless and efficient.

... We asked for drop off at the IHOP across from the Disneyland entrance a few times, and that worked well, but after a few days I started to feel guilty about ignoring the "No drop-offs" sign...
This is one reason we'll ask to be dropped off at the DTD drop off. There is a 15 minute grace period for pick ups/drop offs in the small lot next to Lilo and behind the DLH. It's just easier, and we like walking through DTD anyway. Mobile Order at Starbucks and our breakfast will be ready when we walk by!

This is one reason we'll ask to be dropped off at the DTD drop off. There is a 15 minute grace period for pick ups/drop offs in the small lot next to Lilo and behind the DLH. It's just easier, and we like walking through DTD anyway. Mobile Order at Starbucks and our breakfast will be ready when we walk by!

I like the sound of that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter