• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"comeback package"?

mark smith

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard of a "comeback package", offered to entice return visits? We last went in Feb. and are thinking of our next trip. Thanks.

I have heard of a comeback rate for the resorts, I guess it could be a package deal as well, but it has to be booked from your room while you are at a WDW resort. Cannot be booked from anywhere else if I understand correctly.

Apparently, this was an offer that was made to wdw guests from the end of last year through about March. If you made a new reservation while you were there or had an existing reservation later in the year you would get a discount.

I read about this on another board, and I wrote to guest services on behalf of my Mother who was there in February and had another reservation for December, she never received this offer while she was there.

About a week after my e-mail, she receved a call from Guest Services and was able to move from POR to WL at a great rate (I believe it was 8 nights for $1199).

If you had a reservation at the time of your last trip, you can try contacting them. I wrote a very polite e-mail, with no demands or threats in it. I simply asked why the offer had not been extended to her.

They did take the time to check that she had the December reservation in February and they also looked at her history (6 visits in the last couple of years, all POR). And the CM that called was just wonderful to her.

We took advantage of this offer back in February when it was available. Mousesavers.com had the code for it. It actually started late last year I believe and was extended through March. When you stayed at a WDW resort during that time you had to call CRO from your resort's phone to make a future reservation at a WDW resort (for a stay prior to 12/03).

We booked the WL for our upcoming trip this way. It was a nice rate. We stayed at the FW cabins in Feb. and when I called to get rates for this offer even the CM I spoke with wasn't familar with it. It came up with the code I had given her.

This had started from doorknob hangers that were placed on particular resort rooms during this time period. The code was then posted on mousesavers.com. (we didn't get a doorknob hanger while we were there, we only knew about it from these boards and mousesavers.com);)

DH and I were at AKL in Feb and we didn't get the doorknob hanger. LOL I hadn't even heard about the comeback rate till we got back. We had made a reservation for Aug 03. I emailed guest services to ask if we could get the rate and got a call saying we could. We're staying at ASMovies for less than $50 a night.

I called while we were there in June and there weren't any offers currently in place for comeback reservations, but it can't hurt to call and ask while you are there. We did get a comeback postcard in the mail last April which gave us an awesome rate at POFQ for $74 and then we moved to AKL for an awesome rate as well because FQ closed.

I was at AKL in February and we did get the doorknob hanger with the offer on it, so we're booked at the WL next month! I had heard about the offer on mousesavers also and had planned to call while there and try to get, but they beat us to it by putting the hanger on our door. I don't remember if the booking had to be within a certain timeframe though, but maybe someone else does!

We were there in January, booked a "comeback" rate for June. In June, we asked about the comeback rate again, but where told they weren't offering one now. It was a good deal, too bad they aren't helping those of us who want to go three (or more!) times a year!

interesting...i stayed on-site in december and never heard about this. if it weren't for the ftp, i would try to get a better rate for our trip in august.

We stayed at BC in April and were not offered anything while we were there. We did, however, receive a 'come back' postcard from Mickey asking if we wanted to come back. Heck, yes! We're booked at the Contemporary at $170/night in August. There was a much better price at WL but we needed a room for 5.

I'm thinking, we stayed at the BC last August using DC discount, but bought AP's at that time (cheaper because we were there 10 days, oh yeah and two more trips later it's definitely saved us money, or maybe not!) so when we stayed at AKL in Feb, we used an AP discount. Given the disparity of some people getting these offers and some not, maybe they gave them to people that had booked using an AP rate, thinking they would be more likely to "come back." Does that seem to match up to everyone here?

DWDreams-
We stayed at the GF in Feb/March using an AP rate and did not get a door hanger, but I knew about the code so I booked the comeback rate for our December trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter