Come on Estoppel!!!!

Home: HH
Offer made & accepted: 5/5
Sent to ROFR: 5/8
Passed ROFR: 5/19
Closing docs received:???

Broker said 2-3 weeks for the closing docs. So I'm trying to be patient.
Wow, 11 days for ROFR, that's awesome! Maybe you'll be super fast for estoppel also. Rub some of that off on me!

Fidelity. I would hope they would have told me that if that was the case, they just said Disney is taking extra time with these. Though that doesn't explain how many seem to be getting through faster than normal.

Same company for us. I was told exact opposite of you/should have received last week when we were away :upsidedow

Mailman is going to get mighty sick of me pouncing on him every day:jumping2:

Do the closing documents come via snail mail, FedEx, or email, or does it depend on the title company?

Update

Submitted to ROFR 4/20
Passed 5/9
Contract received 5/24

Issue with settlement sheet re dues being assessed I didn't expect. ***

waiting to hear back from Title co officer before I cut cashier's check & overnight docs, hopefully tomorrow so they have in hand before weekend.

Fidelity broker was not far off on her estimate of last week to receive the papers

*** December UY, settlement sheet indicates we need to pay dues upfront for 2017.

Contract is loaded with 2016's points, but said dues weren't listed as our responsibility in sales contract we signed. :confused3. Won't default if we do have to pay them, since we are getting the points, but I pay all my other dues via monthly bank draft, would like to keep things on the same basis going forward.:scratchin

Last edited:
Submitted to ROFR 4/20
Passed 5/9
Contract received 5/24
Returned pkg via Fed Ex 5/25

Issue with settlement sheet re dues being assessed that I didn't expect was resolved :)

Not only do we get the '16 points dues free...

We will be prepaying our December '17 UY dues today and won't owe any till 12/18 woohoo:banana:

We will be prepaying our December '17 UY dues today and won't owe any till 12/18 woohoo:banana:
This confuses me - I have a Dec. use year and I paid my MFs on my 2017 points in Jan. 2017, when they were due. I will pay my MFs for my 2018 points in Jan. 2018, when they are due - how can you not pay the 2018 MFs until Dec. 2018?

This confuses me - I have a Dec. use year and I paid my MFs on my 2017 points in Jan. 2017, when they were due. I will pay my MFs for my 2018 points in Jan. 2018, when they are due - how can you not pay the 2018 MFs until Dec. 2018?

I think they are confused. What seems more likely is they are reimbursing the seller for 17 MFs (which is fairly standard on resales) and getting the 16 points for free (also fairly standard). 18 MFs will be due in January.

I think they are confused. What seems more likely is they are reimbursing the seller for 17 MFs (which is fairly standard on resales) and getting the 16 points for free (also fairly standard). 18 MFs will be due in January.

Just going by what broker and title company both said this am

Thrice in past I've paid the dues upfront for loaded contracts when purchasing not long into UY

Perhaps we will start making monthly payments for the '18 UY on Jan '18

Guess I'll find out 100% once I call MS in a few weeks to make sure the points are in my account

still waiting

My timeline for my SSR 300 point purchase

Offer made: 4/6
Accepted: 4/8
Passed ROFR: 5/2
Closing docs received:

Hoping to have points in our account to make a May/June 2018 reservation at the 11 month window!!

still waiting

My timeline for my SSR 300 point purchase

Offer made: 4/6
Accepted: 4/8
Passed ROFR: 5/2
Closing docs received:

Hoping to have points in our account to make a May/June 2018 reservation at the 11 month window!!
hopefully for you!!

Yes I reimbursed current year MFs on both my resale Dec. contracts. Dec. is so odd as a use year since you pay MFs so far ahead for points that you can use for 11 months of the following year. I've also read of sellers who were behind on their MFs and DVC having to be paid the back MFs before the contract could close - which is worked out when the offer is accepted typically.

Just going by what broker and title company both said this am

Thrice in past I've paid the dues upfront for loaded contracts when purchasing not long into UY

Perhaps we will start making monthly payments for the '18 UY on Jan '18

Guess I'll find out 100% once I call MS in a few weeks to make sure the points are in my account
I just pay a lump sum every year so don't know much about making monthly payments - I think there's a deadline to set up monthly payments the first time, but maybe since you already pay monthly on your 'old' points the new MFs will just be folded in?
Check your account online too, as the new contract will hopefully magically appear in it in the near future. I still get a smile when I log in and see my brand new resale contract listed and all those lovely new points sitting there!

150 POINTS VGF AUG UY
Offer made/accepted: 5/5
Sent to ROFR: 5/8
Passed ROFR: 5/19
Closing Docs Received after Estoppel: Received 5/23

Figured I'd share my timeline thus far. It's definitely been the fastest turn around of all my contracts :teleport:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter