Come On Board!!

CaLuCa

Mouseketeer
Well, we could abandon ship, debate masks and vaccines till the dolphins swim home, and have all sorts of "Scenarios" to ponder...OR we could have a much more fun list of incredible things that we'll relish when the day comes (hopefully soon!)...

To get the ball rolling...
1. Themed hallways to correspond to a movie or character...imagine being on the Up floor! Or the Ariel Hallway!!
2. Loungers on the balconies...like the ones on the awesome extended balconies...granted you'd probably only get one, but ahhhhh...
3. Extra class options...like the benefits of vitamins or nutrients in a healthy well being...or maybe just more Mixologies (and desserts...I love me some desserts!)
4. Which bring us to BMI...Lord help us all...Americans (myself included) are lovely fat people (for the most part...I know some of you are delightfully not and I secretly might hate you, but I'm thinking about my dessert class...)
5. Elevators! What make fat Americans not use the elevator?? But... Actually, we (even though overweight desserts again) take the stairs 9 times out of 10. So much faster and we have no mobility issues, just BMI ones
6. Quarantine...how about we quarantine on Castaway Cay for a day or so?
7. Extra turn down service! And bring back the mini bottles of toiletries!
8. Let's FP the shuffleboard. Magic little ding on your cruise tracker when it's your families turn to slide
9. Upper decks can be breezy...just helps us live our inner Titanic King of the World dreams
10. Quarters confinement? That's called a nap, and as a homeschooling mom of 3, plus a teenager who doesn't homeschool, sign me up!
11. Kids clubs? How about more Adults only in the kids club? I want to decorate a cookie!
12. Increased meal times...I hate to make the dining staff work even harder and longer, but I honestly would love to see 3 services (and shorten them...we have short attention spans and need to move quickly from our bisque, our salad, to our lamb chops, to our dessert)
13. Shows! (And this is possibly the best idea ever, but might not be for every age group on board) Well, now since Disney+ "owns" Hamilton....

Thank you! I'm really getting tired of the penchant for "what if" posts, many of which seem to originate in the cruising forum. What is it that people need to ask what others would do if some outlandish condition(s) were to be established? Not even really a covid thing either. Might as well ask whether people would cruise if the SD pier collapsed (like Seattle's) or if a ship hit a WWII mine.

Me? Just sitting on my balcony reading as the ocean slides by is something I can't wait for.

Edited...I think I misunderstood the question. Let me think on this one. ;)

I want to say, for the record, I do NOT want themed hallways. I adore the classic and refined decor and feel very elegant while on board. We also always dress up for the dining rooms because I like to feel fancy, even though I've spent the last 10 months or so in the same 4 pair of pajamas and gross t-shirts.

You'll never see return of the mini toiletries, they were eliminated in an effort to become more eco friendly and reduce waste and cut way down on single use plastics, just like the elimination of the plastic lids on cups and plastic straws on board. I for one applaud DCL for making the effort to respond to these issues.

Agreed. Are they actually planning themed hallways? Please say no.
No. I was just attempting some comedic relief.

Also, I don't care about the tiny shampoo bottles (do love my collection in my bathroom drawer though). But this topic seemed to be a fiery subject for some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter