Come back! I need you!

Not my assumption at all. My point was that “100% pricing for a 70% experience” is probably a factor in the low attendance, especially given how expensive park tickets are to begin with.

Not the only factor, not even the primary factor, but a considerable factor all the same.

Fair enough. It is probably a factor. However, from what we are seeing as a trend, the parks are starting to fill to capacity. This trend will likely continue. 2 other major factors were that people were not going to travel while they were not sure if the parks were going to stay open, and it takes months usually for most people to arrange to travel. Also, people are feeling more daring as we adjust to "the new norm".

Bottom line... if Disney can support - lets say - 100,000 people a day (and I know that number is not accurate) and the parks are filled to 100,000 people a day at current value,. then there is absolutely zero incentive for Disney to lower the price. That equation will change as they increase capacity. But for now, that's the formula.

Well, you are both right, and wrong.

You are right that there are PLENTY of people who will not agree with those restrictions and at current prices will just wait until it eases up somewhat.

You are not entirely correct in your assumption that this number is enough to prevent them from operating (if that is your assumption). Take Hollywood Studios for example which has been filled to permitted capacity pretty much every weekend - even with the restrictions in place, and Disney is CONSTANTLY easing restrictions slowly where they can (every week or two we get an announcement about a restaurant or experience opening) meaning every week more and more are changing their minds. I think we are going to see these go up too as people see that there are no major reports of anyone getting COVID and as people are able to plan for their vacation (many people can't go at the drop of a hat and have to play 6 months out from when things open).

DCL will likely have very similar results.
One difference here will be in the blame game when there is an outbreak.

When you are at WDW, you enter without symptoms, and even if you get infected, you won't know it until well after you leave. It's very transactional - like your local mall. I mean, you could blame WDW, but as long as the staff isn't infected or there isn't an internal outbreak, the virus could come from anywhere. And by next morning - with all the sanitation - it's theoretically gone again.

That hasn't been the case with the cruise ships with outbreaks. Everyone sees where the virus is, and a petri dish makes for a very marketable headline. All too easy to point fingers and incinerate the cruise line. And now you are shut down for the rest of the season.

That, I think, is the biggest challenge and needs extra care. Many on this forum don't, but I am following the MSC (and Costa) cruising restart very closely for this reason. It's going to an eye-opener - how they handle the incidence of a virus on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter