Columbia Harbour House and kids meals.

pepperderr

DIS Veteran
I am trying to decide where to eat at MK. We don't want reservations to interfere with being able to go to LL or ILL rides so we plan to just eat quick service most of the time. Columbia Harbour House looks good because they have shrimp that everyone in the family except me eats. My question is, How big are the kid's meal portions, especially if my son gets the fried or grilled shrimp? He is 18 yo but has problems eating most adult-sized meals. How many pieces of chicken strips usually come in a kid's meal? He will be able to buy a kid's meal at most quick-service places correct? What about table service?

You can easily mobile order a kid's meal at QS locations. I find the portions to be perfect for me (usually 2 chicken strips). Worst case scenario if the portion looks to too small or he's still hungry, you can order something else. Table service is another story, they seem to enforce the 3-9 age limit for kid's meals. When I was at Via Napoli they wouldn't let me order one of the kid's appetizers ON TOP of ordering an adult entree.

I think the grilled shrimp is one skewer where the adults it is two. Depends how hungry you are. I find with the Florida heat the kids meals are often more than enough for me as an adult. The drinks are just usually smaller and I find I am more thirsty than hungry afterwards. The adult meals sometimes are too much, just depends how hungry you are.

For the most part the kids meals on are similar to the size of a happy meal at MCD but you get a cookie or similar at Disney.

The fried shrimp are 1/4 shrimp and 3/4 batter if you get the fried. The shrimp are also those tiny ones you see in lower end fast food restaurants. The skewers may be larger.

You can easily mobile order a kid's meal at QS locations. I find the portions to be perfect for me (usually 2 chicken strips). Worst case scenario if the portion looks to too small or he's still hungry, you can order something else. Table service is another story, they seem to enforce the 3-9 age limit for kid's meals. When I was at Via Napoli they wouldn't let me order one of the kid's appetizers ON TOP of ordering an adult entree.
The third party restaurants like Via Napoli tend to be very strict about this BUT Disney owned restaurants are known to be very flexible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter