College Program

ogdengreg

Earning My Ears
My son will be entering his freshman year in college. Can he work during the time between semesters? Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks.

Hi! With the way the Program is set up, first-time applicants must be receptive to Program dates that encompass an entire Fall or Spring semester. Unfortunately, the DCP does not offer a way for applicants to work over just the winter break or just the summer break. There used to be a "Summer" program for returning Alumni only, but it hasn't been offered since 2019.

My incoming college freshman is interested in the DCP. Her intended career path (for right now) is nursing into med school. If she does the CP are there opportunities to be exposed to and work with the medical end of Disney, ex. the medics in park, etc.?

My incoming college freshman is interested in the DCP. Her intended career path (for right now) is nursing into med school. If she does the CP are there opportunities to be exposed to and work with the medical end of Disney, ex. the medics in park, etc.?

Hi,
My wife is a Family Nurse Practitioner and Nursing Professor and all 3 of our kids worked on the college program. My wife has referred many nursing students to the college program as well and unfortunately no, there is no medical related role in the college program. She has spoken with them about this but the State of Florida Board of Nursing and other related boards unsure what background these young people have from their own states or nations, they cannot approve them to work in the state. I can say they will still get a valuable lesson in dealing with people that will help them though.

Drew in GA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!