College Program Questions

MarcsMinnie

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am applying for the College Program in the fall to work in Disney next spring. I was wondering how difficult the process of being accepted is. Also, my DREAM job is to be a character (specifically a princess). Has anyone does this? How did they go about applying? Was it difficult? :mickeybar

it is not difficult to get accepted. They try to get a lot of people down here in Florida. Just fill out the forms and act natural during the interviews.

Now, to be a character is a different story. You can go to character auditions held in your area. My state didn't have any so I would have had to drive to the nearest one. They list them on the website. Or, you do what I did which is attend the face character auditions. Don't let anyone talk you out of it. The only people that can judge you are the actual casting people. You walk in groups of 30, stand 10 to a line, they look at you, and have the next people in line step forward. That easy.

Keep in mind that it is all based on looks and how you hold yourself, so don't be disappointed if you're not picked. It's not that you aren't pretty, you just don't look like a character.

teh fish, did you get a part? Do they do that at every school? That sounds pretty interesting! What kind of people are they actually looking for and for what kinds of characters? Also, I hear that hey accept a lot of people, I was just wondering how they pick you out of some many applicants? Do they actually check with the school you attend to see if you are good academic standing? What qualifications stand out? Sorry for so many questions, but I have the presentation coming up soon, so I would like to be ready! What should I be expecting during the interview?

Thanks so much!

Auditions for characters are listed on the college board website. There should be some sign to indicate that auditions are there. From these auditions they either put you in fur (characers like mickey and minnie) or face. For face characters they are looking for resemblance to the character (of course) and they also look at your poise. Face characers are not just the princes and princesses; they also include all the dancers and streetmosphere actors and actresses. If you have dance training, it would increase your chances.

I can't answer the questions about your application though. I'm sure a CP rep will be able to. The interview is very informal (but dress up). They just ask you things like why you want to do it and what roles you prefer.

Interviews:

A lot of them are actually phone interviews now. If you do have a face-to-face interview, I would suggest business casual. You don't need to come in with a suit, but I would at least stay away from jeans and a t-shirt.

You just need to be within good standing of your school. This is different school to school. As far as qualifications, Do you speak another language? What skills or experiance do you have that others may not? - Include those.

I agree with business casual... or a suit if you like. At our presentation the room had over forty people, and sad to say my boyfriend and I were the only ones dressed up. Everyone else had on jeans and tshirts. The recruiters had big grins on their faces when we walked in and even said they were impressed. But not only does dress make a difference, but arrival time. We got there about fifteen minutes early, and were the second and third people to get there. The professor that organized things for the school the presentation was held at thought we were the second set of recuiters. Then after the presentation, several other applicants asked if we were recruiters...

All I can say is try your absolute best... and then some.

Smile until your face hurts, but only if your smile is genuine.

For now, this is all the advice I really have... after all, it's late and my brain isn't fully-functional at the moment. If you have any other questions, go ahead and pm me or email me. I'm happy to help.

Lots of love and magic.........

:wizard: ::MickeyMo Jen ::MickeyMo :wizard:

Heh, There was a girl that showed up to our presentation an hour early. The recruiter hadn't even arrived at that time, and we ( the rep team ) were still cleaning the room. lol

Tink - A year ago, I showed up 15 minutes early. The girl I was supposed to "team interview" with showed up late. I never saw her at the offer letter session. Definately show up on time at the least, but really try to be early if you can!

Sad... there was a girl who was going for an AI, and during the entire presentation her cell phone kept going off.... and she answered it! She didn't even leave the room to be curteous... Then we everyone was filling out the role sheets, she was on her phone again. This time the recruiter walked by the girl and just glared at the back of her head... :rotfl2: ... I know it's not nice... but I found it funny, she should have known better...

Tink the Rock Star said:
Sad... there was a girl who was going for an AI, and during the entire presentation her cell phone kept going off.... and she answered it! She didn't even leave the room to be curteous... Then we everyone was filling out the role sheets, she was on her phone again. This time the recruiter walked by the girl and just glared at the back of her head... :rotfl2: ... I know it's not nice... but I found it funny, she should have known better...

Normally I keep my cell clipped to my waist, and on 24/7. Last year when I was at the presentation and when I interviewed, it was OFF in my pocket.

She definately should have if she was applying for an AI.

Thank you so much for all your help! I feel a little more relieved about the process now. Perhaps someone could tell me more about the face auditions... aside from looking like a character, what else would help you get a part? Being a dancer in the SpectroMagic Parade would be amazing... anyone done this?

I knew someone who did face auditions. She didn't make the cut though.

She basically walked into a room, and was thanked for her time.

It's nothing against the person at all, but they are looking for people who have similar looking faces to certain charactors. Either you have it, or 'ya don't. :)

Yeah... I also asked this question to the Disney rep who was at my school yesterday. I guess it's really difficult to get one of these parts since not only do you have to resemble the character, your poise and bone structure are also a part of it. She also told me that anyone who is a 'real' (not fur) character has been a fur character in the past... I guess I'll have to give the face audition a shot after next Spring. Thanks for your help!

Hi~
I graduate this June 2005 but I'm playing with the idea of possibly doing the CP/internship. I read somewhere you can apply for the CP while still in college and then do the CP just after graduation.

For those of you who don't mind answering...do you actually make any money? Do you lose money? They set you up with housing but you pay monthly, right? Where I am (in Chicago), rent runs for about $750 per person + utilities and all that jazz. Can you comfortably live on what Disney pays?

Thanks!

I found that after rent was taken out of my paycheck, I was bringing home around $120 / week. Not a lot by any stretch of the imagination, but a fairly reasonable amount.

Thanks, SyracuseWolvrine. Hmm...I guess I want a full-time job with Disney so that I can make enough to live down there on my own. It's so hard to get noticed over at Disney unless you know someone, I guess. :confused3

Anyone know of good job boards for Disney? Where are they?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter