College age cruisers

We are now 30 days from our cruise! Does anyone who recently cruised on the Fantasy have anything new to add about the 18*21 group and the activities available to them? :boat:

Now I am 24 years old, but from reading the navigators from the Eastern cruise I went on here are some of the activities that were listed.

Club 18-21 Ice Breakers
Mix And Mingle
Giant Jenga Challenge
Mixer Event
Lunch
Giant Board Game Challenge
Mixer Event
Mixer
Storm The Vibe
Mini Golf
Dive Into DJ'ING
Mixer Event
Basketball Free Throw
Farewell

now I don't know how many people there were of this age, but that changes from cruise to cruise so one cruise could be great while other not so much:goodvibes

My older kids refuse to go to the kids club!! My 13yo found plenty of friends at the pool to keep busy, actually I never saw him except dinner time and bed for 5 nights. My college aged daughter didnt find a thing to do( and this was our 2nd cruise) It seems to be a bad age. too old for the kid type atmosphere, but not old enough, or mature enough to enjoy the adult aspect of the ship. Most of the cruisers are families, so not a whole lot in that age range. She hung out with me and my 4yo all day. While she loves her brother to death it had to be a bit boring for her. I also noticed our dining room servers almost totally ignored her. We were part of a large group. They doted on the little ones, and joked with the older ones, but she was really left out. even some of her dinner requests were ignored???? So she isnt really looking forward to the next cruise(she wants to go rccl) maybe she can take a friend.:confused3

Thank you, DMMarla! I have read your posts on other threads too, and it is very helpful to me to get a young adult's perspective on the cruises! Since my kids are now 18 & 21, I am far from the "young adult" category myself! :flower3:

Thank you, DMMarla! I have read your posts on other threads too, and it is very helpful to me to get a young adult's perspective on the cruises! Since my kids are now 18 & 21, I am far from the "young adult" category myself! :flower3:

no prob and since I am close to that age I have still talked with people in that age group, all of the ones I talked with seem to like it.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter