Cold Snap in the Parks Last Night....anyone there?

We were there one year when it got pretty dang cold. Not sure of the temps but lots of layers necessary. The only park where we just couldn’t take it was Epcot. I guess being around the water so much and the wind, I don’t know but it was miserable.

We don’t get a whole lot of cold here either but can’t say that we like it. It’s not brisk it’s bone chilling. Looking forward to summer.

I was watching the news last night and they said Florida hit 24 degrees! I was wondering if anyone was in the parks then or this week and how were the parks in the cold?

Had 10" snow last night - 15* this AM. Fine for me when I'm sitting in front of a cozy fire and don't have to get out.

So, no, not at Disney now, but in Dec. 2010 and again the first of Dec. '17 experienced cold, wind and humidity - no more going in winter to FL.
In '10 there was ice on the MK boat docks plus freezing nights and wind - nope, not going to do it again - left two days early that trip.

Trying to enjoy myself all bundled up and miserable outside at Disney while paying high $$'s to do so, I'd much rather be at home inside.
I'm a southern girl and don't like being outside in the cold. I much prefer April at Disney.

I didn't move to Florida to escape cold weather. Talk to a Native Floridian about Having cold weather here. Transplants/Snowbirds hate the cold weather here.
I had actually typed that I could maybe see a native Floridian feeling that way. We've encountered so few native Floridians that I changed my post. :o We moved to find weather we prefer & hate it getting cold here. The good news is moving to the cooler weather you prefer is always an option. :)

Last edited:

I had actually typed that I could maybe see a native Floridian feeling that way. We've encountered so few native Floridians that I changed my post. :o We moved to find weather we prefer & hate it getting cold here. The good news is moving to the cooler weather you prefer is always an option. :)
Yea I only know one other native floridian and they feel the same as me when it comes to winter....colder the better. Unfortunately, my work may be transferring me to a different location........Minnesota BRRRRRRRRRRRR:guilty:

Had 10" snow last night - 15* this AM. Fine for me when I'm sitting in front of a cozy fire and don't have to get out.

I'm a southern girl and don't like being outside in the cold. I much prefer April at Disney.

Wait, what? You're a southern girl but are living in an area where you've got 10" of snow and subzero temps? You're a braver soul than I... :worship: :teeth: I couldn't even begin to imagine moving out of a warm weather climate into a cold one. Having done the reverse, there's no way I want to go back to cold. Does it drive you insane when you do have to go outside on days like you have now?

Wait, what? You're a southern girl but are living in an area where you've got 10" of snow and subzero temps? You're a braver soul than I... :worship: :teeth: I couldn't even begin to imagine moving out of a warm weather climate into a cold one. Having done the reverse, there's no way I want to go back to cold. Does it drive you insane when you do have to go outside on days like you have now?

LOL, yes, I'm still a southern girl (south LA) and prefer warmer weather, but we split our traveling sometimes. Our home now is actually N. Ral. NC, but still often more south. Transferred here by dh's company and this is where we retired (2 children and flys here).

The snow is beautiful, and we love a couple snows a year, but we DO NOT have to go anywhere in it!!!!! :scared: :D

Did get 1* recently, but 'not' sub zero here. This is an unusually cold winter - not 'that' far from Atlanta actually!! :) Snowed twice in so. LA this year, and unusually cold there also!!!

We do not go to Disney when it's cold and try to enjoy ourselves 'outside' - no more chancing the winter time weather there!! :(

We are going to the parks on Feb. 25th to March 5th. What do you all think the weather will be like then?

I live in MI so we get cold and snow here but I still only want to go to FL when it's hot. My dd and I went at the end of March last year and we wore hoodies at night and the pools closed by 9 and it was too cool at night to swim anyway so I have said I won't go again in March. FL has to be hot for me I guess!

Yea I only know one other native floridian and they feel the same as me when it comes to winter....colder the better. Unfortunately, my work may be transferring me to a different location........Minnesota BRRRRRRRRRRRR:guilty:

As a Minnesotan, get ready for REALLY cold!!!!! I live in northern Mn. and it is the coldest place in all of the states. Brrrr is right.
Why do I live here? I love it, actually. When it's too cold, I can be in my nice warm house with a fireplace. There are a lot of activities in the winter up here. There is skiing, cross country skiing, sledding, ice fishing, snowshoeing, skating, many winter events and tournaments. But even my brother thinks I'm crazy for loving it here. He lives in Tn with it's heat, humidity, bugs, snakes, and winter storms (ice and rain). I've lived in both and I prefer the cold to the heat and humidity.
So don't be afraid of Minnesota:)

We will be at Disney Feb 27 to March 7th, so am wondering too? But will be prepared for any weather just in case.
End of February into March can be funny weather. Sometimes there will be Cold weather with rain or weather in the 80's. Right now in south Florida it is in the mid 70's but was in the 40's this morning. It won't be hot when you are here but plan to dress in layers in case it's cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon.

I live in NH. I'm planning to become a Snow Bird...and yes, I thought I would never even consider this, but as I get older I feel more isolated here in the winter, trapped in my house with little to no social stimulation. I am exploring the over 55 communities. It will be quite the process to choose, since I'm not very familiar with anywhere outside of Disney. We did stay with a friend for 2 weeks in Cape Coral and he showed us around and we went to the beaches and many different towns around there. I want to be closer to Disney and away from the coast line. It's not that far to drive to either coast for a day at the beach, so I am now starting a search. Wish me luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter