Coke Gets Sole Water Rights @ WDW

barreloflaughs

"Everything is cheaper than it looks........"
Read all about it:
http://www.forbes.com/business/newswire/2002/09/23/rtr728389.html

Disney characters will grace the water bottle labels...Pooh on your water bottle?....ick!

Out on A Limb Prediction: Disney will continue to allow customers to bring bottled water into the parks but will require customers to remove the label. (this is a common practice at several minor league baseball venues I've visited this summer).

carl
barrel of laughs

DH says Coke water is (treated) municipal water, rather than spring water. (He is disappointed. He likes Zephryhills much better.)

Aquafina is reverse-osmosis water from the Houston Water supply, but there's nothing wrong with it.
-MrsAPalm

Though Zepherhills is owned by Perier, they are a local employer and right down the road from WDW (in the buzzing metropolis of Zepherhills near Tampa). The lost business to their neighbors will be a shame.

Tannerman -- Like you, I use to scoff at DH for ONLY drinking bottled water.
:rolleyes:
Until I know people who got sick, (a few VERY ill) -- and not just from FL travel.
That first trip, I was fine, and then it started hitting me at the end of the week stay.
Not to say their drinking water is bad, or any other place around the country. It's just whatever drinking water your body is use to.
I don't know if it was the water effect that was hitting me or something else. But on my following WDW trips, to play it safe, I drank bottled or filtered water. And no ill effects at all, other than being dead tired by the end of the vacation ;) -- as usual.
Hard to say if that was it the first trip. But figured the extra caution worked for me and I'm sticking with it! :)

If it is Dasani, it is awful!

I don't know what they do but I think it tastes awful and I have tried it at various times to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Dasani is the Coke brand of water. It is reverse-osmosis, not spring water. Taste fine to me.

If it is Dasani, it is awful!
Reverse osmosis takes out just about everything that can be removed from water. When I drink bottled water, I don't taste anything because there's hardly anything there!

I find the labeling on Dasani water to be obnoxious.....now really, on the label the Coke company takes credit for producing the water! Um...well.....gee, they made this water all by themselves eh? I don't think so.....

Oh, and the taste probably comes from the fact that they supplement the water with minerals or something like that...its on the bottle.

I think the taste has alot to do with the type of plastic they put it in.

Personally,I'll never pay more for a bottle of water then I'll pay for a gallon of gas. I don't care how good the water doesn't taste.

Luv2Roam the reason why most poeple get sick from drinking water on there vacation is due to the differant methods of treating water that comes out of the forcet ( tap to us over here).Your body gets used to the cemicals ect in the water so when you go to a new place and drink there water the body reacts to the differant treatment to the water so if you drink bottled water your boody can tollerate the slight changes and you will not get ill.Where we live we get what is called soft water not a lot of chemicals ect as we have a lot of water in the lakes near us where we get our water but down london the water that come out of ther taps is hard water,more chemicals ect added as it may be second hand if you know what i mean
Paulh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter