Coffee Mugs and Tee Shirts

I have the same problem! I did finally get rid of some coffee mugs but still have too many that I don't use. My closet is full of T-shirts that I don't often wear but have some meaning to me and that I might wear every once in a while, especially Disney Ts.

Me too........I have lots of mugs.....I have parted with some, but can't get rid of any more.
Tee shirts, I do wear almost everyday, but I have many, many of them. Disney, places we've visited and some I just like.

The shirts you can make, or have made, into quilts.

I suppose you could carefully break the move and create mosaics out of the text/pictures.

I'm not sure if you just keep your mugs in a cabinet but you could make a display wall of them if you have the room. You can find other uses for them like use them as planters or desk organizers.
Obviously it depends on your decor style though.

I just donated a bunch of my mugs and just kept my favorites.
I now get stickers from where I travel to put on my insulated coffee tumblers instead.

95f70340718f9ee4c3b367cef1a03043.jpg

I only buy mugs, I don't get rid of them unless they break. The vast majority of them are Disney mugs and I love each and every one of them.
T-shirts I also have a ton of, but those at least wear out after a dozen years of use or so. :teeth:
My other weakness is Christmas ornaments, again mostly Disney ones. I can't help myself.

Tee shirts, I do wear almost everyday, but I have many, many of them. Disney, places we've visited and some I just like.
I used to collect t-shirts. My requirement for them was it had to cost under $5.00. I had over 400 t-shirts. I finally got ruthless (in my old age) and did manage to get rid of those t-shirts that really didn't have any meaning for me. Donated them, mostly, because they were still in good/new condition.

I now have around 225 t-shirts, and yes, I wear them (different one each day).

I have a few t-shirts, but it's like I very rarely wear a tshirt. The only coffee mugs I have are very unremarkable, ones I got a Dollar Tree. I HAD a really nice Disney coffee cup. Of all the coffee mugs to break, the Disney one is the one I chose to bump off the counter. ugh

I know this is my thread, but judging by some of the responses, I thought I'd share this.

There was a young man, friend of my son-in-law, who battled cancer most of his life, passing away at the age of 30. He was an avid sports fan, and after his passing, his parents took all of his Tee shirts, there were hundreds, and had them made into a quilt. I'm not sure of any details of who did the work, but it allowed them to keep his memories alive with something they would be able to use and display in their everyday lives.

I used to collect t-shirts. My requirement for them was it had to cost under $5.00. I had over 400 t-shirts. I finally got ruthless (in my old age) and did manage to get rid of those t-shirts that really didn't have any meaning for me. Donated them, mostly, because they were still in good/new condition.

I now have around 225 t-shirts, and yes, I wear them (different one each day).
Where did you keep over 400 shirts? I have an extra large walk in closet and I cannot even imagine...

I tend to attach my memories to experiences more so than to physical items.
I probably throw things out too freely. I hate clutter!

I know this is my thread, but judging by some of the responses, I thought I'd share this.

There was a young man, friend of my son-in-law, who battled cancer most of his life, passing away at the age of 30. He was an avid sports fan, and after his passing, his parents took all of his Tee shirts, there were hundreds, and had them made into a quilt. I'm not sure of any details of who did the work, but it allowed them to keep his memories alive with something they would be able to use and display in their everyday lives.
I have seen theses and they are beautiful! I saved a lot of T’s from my kids’ childhood with the intention of doing ones for them (I’m not crafty that way, but there are people you can hire who do it) but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

I’m not too attached to mugs, except our Disney Cruise Line ones, which I kept. All others aside from the ones that match our dishes got donated during our kitchen renovation. There are a few starting to creep back in but I’m eyeballing them, lol. (Our mugs are stored in glass cabinets so the mismatches really stand out.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter