Code watch February 2017

Ok this is just a rumor but Chip posted this on FB. My TA is not confirming anything yet.

View attachment 197484
Free Dining would be a HUGE development and to me the most surprising Disney Discount announced in YEARS! They haven't done public free dining in Q1 in 4 years. I am REALLY hoping that this rumor is true because there is no better deal for my family than Free Dining!

What I wouldn't give for free dining! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but FD would save me an extra $1,000. I just hope it wouldn't mean heavier crowds.
From what I've heard - the disney discounts have no affect on crowds. Disney fills their rooms pretty much year round. Crowds are based off the offsite attendance. Disney's goal with this discounts is to get more people to stay onsite vs. off but has little affect on total attendance. I'm basing this primarily on commentary from EasyWDW but I believe the analysis. The one crowd impact it does have is on dining reservations though!

From what I've heard - the disney discounts have no affect on crowds. Disney fills their rooms pretty much year round. Crowds are based off the offsite attendance. Disney's goal with this discounts is to get more people to stay onsite vs. off but has little affect on total attendance. I'm basing this primarily on commentary from EasyWDW but I believe the analysis. The one crowd impact it does have is on dining reservations though!

I would agree with this we have been a couple times during free dinning and crowds were never bad actually very light. Yes dinning reservations are much more difficult to get.

Thank you for explaining that. That actually makes a lot of sense and makes me feel even more excited about possibly getting FD. I've already booked my ADRs so at least I wouldn't have to worry about that. However, I don't have a Disney Visa so here's to hoping that if it is true I can still get it by the time it opens to the public.

I would agree with this we have been a couple times during free dinning and crowds were never bad actually very light. Yes dinning reservations are much more difficult to get.

Thank you for explaining that. That actually makes a lot of sense and makes me feel even more excited about possibly getting FD. I've already booked my ADRs so at least I wouldn't have to worry about that. However, I don't have a Disney Visa so here's to hoping that if it is true I can still get it by the time it opens to the public.

This may sound insane but I'd almost wonder if they do release Free dining that they actually expect crowds to be LOWER this year. Think about it - if crowds were good why go back to free dining when SPD has been working just fine. This could actually be a PHENOMENAL development. I'm trying to remain calm...its just a rumor...breathe...it will be hard to sleep tonight.

This may sound insane but I'd almost wonder if they do release Free dining that they actually expect crowds to be LOWER this year. Think about it - if crowds were good why go back to free dining when SPD has been working just fine. This could actually be a PHENOMENAL development. I'm trying to remain calm...its just a rumor...breathe...it will be hard to sleep tonight.

That is a very good theory since crowds this summer were lower. Your thinking makes sense why offer free dinning if they don't need to fill rooms. Yes I am trying to stay calm as well. I hope we all can get some sleep tonight.

I am giddy with anticipation like Christmas Eve with visions of Mickey Cookies and Dole Whips dancing in my head.

Alos, they may be looking at how down the UK/Brazil bookings are right now and using FD to counteract this and bring US residents.

My stomach is in knots. I hope something comes out tomorrow. I guess I won't be so mad when my 3 month old gets up at 5. I will be checking websites while giving him a bottle :)

If you're interested in Deluxe Resorts your best option is probably going to be the room only discount. It likely will save you more money than the PlayStayDine deal which will likely be just a percentage off the dining plan with room and tickets at full price.
Oh ya. I already have a 32% discount for the Beach Club for February.

If they do have free dining, would I need to plan on purchasing my tickets with a package deal like dining plans usually do? We weren't even thinking of free dining as a possible discount and have plans to purchase them through my moms work that has good discounts.

So we already booked,if the deal comes out do I call visa or Disney? Lol. I'm delusional right now... It's 2 am. Can't sleep. Lol

If they do have free dining, would I need to plan on purchasing my tickets with a package deal like dining plans usually do? We weren't even thinking of free dining as a possible discount and have plans to purchase them through my moms work that has good discounts.

Yes you would have to buy tickets with your package and in the past you have had to add on the park hopper option to the tickets. I believe you have to purchase at least a 2 day ticket.

Checked out the site at 5:05 am. Nothing. Nothing here either. Guess I will be calling at 7 am.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter