Cocoa Beach or Daytona Beach???

jcrew6

Earning My Ears
Want to take the kids to the beach. Which is better? I looked to others but I don't want to travel that far from Orlando.

Please Help! I need to make a reservation for 1 night at a hotel there.

Thank you.

I vote for Cocoa, imo it is more family oriented and cleaner. I use to live in Orlando and would always go there over Daytona.

We have been to both and definatley prefer Cocoa with our family. It is not as crowded, cleaner and more of a family atmosphere. I think that Daytona caters more to the younger crowd--but, that is just my opinion.

Have fun!

I spent my teenage years in Daytona and it was fantastic! But now, many years later, I have heard that it's not quite as family friendly as it once was. For a family with children, i would vote for Cocoa Beach.

I chaperone senior trips to Florida and I refuse to take seniors to Daytona anymore. It's gotten dirty, seedy, scary. . . I do like the hotels at Daytona because they are mostly right on the beach and have kitchens, but it's gone downhill. If you decide to go to Daytona, I like the Treasure Island Inn in Daytona Beach Shores.

We take seniors to Cocoa Beach now. You don't have hotels ON the beach--have to cross the street to get to the beach. I don't like it as much, but after watching a drug deal take place across the street from my hotel in Daytona in 03 (not the Treasure Island I mentioned above), I'm not going back.

I don't know about the hotels, but the beach at New Smyrna is nice. We went over spring break and it wasn't crowded like Daytona. BUT, 2 of our friends got stung by jellyfish. Here's a hint - have a spray bottle of vinegar handy.

We went to Daytona last year and had a great time. Our kids are teens and it was fun driving on the beach and the little shops etc. I'd read all the bad, seedy reviews but we just did not have that experience. We enjoyed it. Have been to Cocoa. Found it very ho hum, although Ron Jons is always a fun place to shop.

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter