• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cocktail Receptions HELP!!!!

SmilingatDisney

Earning My Ears
Hi ladies

I need some help. I have been doing research and was wondering of other ways to be creative when it comes to feeding my guest.

I am planning an escape wedding and after the cake cutting I would like my guest to eat something but I really don't have the budget for a full lunch/dinner.

So here is what I was thinking...

After the cake cutting, have a cocktail hour type reception in the White Room or even at the same location of the cake cutting..

Just some passed hordeuves and perhaps drinks..

Has anyone done something like this or have some ideas

please help

I

I do not think you can do this with an escape wedding. If you want to do an inexpensive lunch I would go with the GF Cafe. I know Lynn had her lunch here and was not happy with it but I have heard of other that like it. You can get a limited menu and control the costs.

Here is their menu.

Appetizers
Crab Cakes - Pan-seared with Mango Relish $10.49

Field Greens Salad - with Fresh Strawberries, Roasted Cashews, and Crumbled Feta tossed in Strawberry Vinaigrette $5.99

Shrimp Trio - Citrus Poached, Warm Tomato Basil, and creamy Champagne Scampi $9.99

Caesar Salad - $5.49

Tomato-Basil Soup - $5.49

French Onion Soup - $6.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chef's Recommendations
Tuna Nicoise Salad - prepared Medium-rare with Mixed Greens, Romaine Lettuce, Fingerling Potatoes, Green Beans, Kalamata Olives, and tomatoes tossed in a Caper Vinaigrette served with Black Olive Bread $15.99

Caesar Salad with Shrimp - Romaine Lettuce tossed in Caesar Dressing and Shrimp $13.99; or with Grilled Chicken Breast $12.99

Tuscan Grilled Pork Loin - topped with a Salad of Cannellini Beans, Kalamata Olives, Tomatoes, Frisee, Mizuna, Arugula, Basil and White Balsamic Vinaigrette $15.99

Entrées
Rustic Chicken Sandwich - Herb-marinated Chicken Breast with Cold Smoked Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Cheddar, Pesto Mayonnaise, and Arugula Salad served on warm Ciabatta Bread with Marinated Cucumber Salad or Homemade Potato Chips $12.99

New York Strip - with Mashed Potatoes and seasonal Vegetables $20.99

Roast Beef Sandwich - Balsamic Onions, Pesto Mayonnaise, Arugula Salad, and Tomatoes served on Focaccia with Marinated Cucumber Salad or Home Made Chips $13.99

Orecchiette Pasta of the Day $13.99

Orange Glazed Salmon Salad - on a bed of Mixed Greens tossed with Smoked Applewood Bacon and Herb Vinaigrette $13.99

Cobb Salad - Diced Turkey, Bacon, Avocado, Bleu Cheese, Eggs, Chives and Tomatoes on Shredded Lettuce $12.99

Angus Chuck Cheeseburger - served with Marinated Cucumber Salad or French Fries $11.99

The Grand Sandwich - Open-faced hot Turkey, Ham, Bacon and Tomato, with a rich Boursin Cheese Sauce and Fried Onion Straws $11.99

Reuben Sandwich - Corned Beef, Swiss Cheese, Thousand Island Dressing and Sauerkraut on Rye Bread. Served with Marinated Cucumber Salad or Home Made Chips $9.99

Grand Floridian Burger - Angus Chuck Burger, Lobster, Asparagus and Horseradish-Chive Hollandaise served with Tomato Salad $17.99

Fish of the Day - $15.99

Desserts
Chocolate Fondue - Dark Chocolate Ganache with Fruit $6.99

Key Lime Pie - Chocolate Crust topped with Carmelized Sugar $3.29

Tiramisu - Lady Fingers and Mascarpone $3.29

New York-style Lemon Cheesecake - $3.29

Chocolate-Hazelnut Mousse Cake - topped with more Chocolate $3.29

Seasonal Sorbet - $4.49

Coffees
Espresso $3.19
Cappuccino, or Latte in Regular or Decaf $3.69
Flavored with Chocolate, Caramel or Vanilla add $.50

Non-Alcoholic Specialties

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter