CMs! Question about rehire status

satlerlilly

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

I am just wondering if anyone can help me out here.

So, I worked at disney in 2022, but left due to extreme morning sickness in my pregnancy. I was bordering preeclampsia, and had already suffered a MC earlier in the year. Pregnancy was really hard on me, and I eventually was put on bed rest.

That being said (and I regret this), I left with little to no disclosure. There was a lot of miscommunication between my manager in Tomorrowland Attractions and the manager in Buena Vista F&B, which resulted in me receiving 2 write ups on the same day due to attendance. My TL manager told me not to worry about my attendance and that I would be covered under medical leave, and just to communicate that with him. When I told my new manager this, he said there’s no such thing that can be done.

I was in the throes of pregnancy and already suffering so I didn’t fight to stay and I only had energy to stay home anyways.

I didn’t even return my costumes but I have them all together and will be returning them on the 27th.

I know this was partially my fault but I miss working for Disney now that i’m no longer pregnant or sick. I was never told my rehire status but hope to find out where I stand soon.

In the case i’m on the no rehire list, what are my chances of appealing this?

Call Disney Global HR and inquire: (321) 939-7000. You can explain your situation and see what your status is and if it's a no rehire, see what recourse you have. Good luck

I got fired from Disneyland for no reason in 1981. I had told HR 6 times I was not available for Christmas 1981. When I showed for my next shift, I was told I was fired because I did not show up on Dec. 25th. No rehire. Fast forward 20 years later, and I meet the head of Disneyland HR at a party. I tell him my story, and he directed me to write an appeal to clear my name. I now have the option to work in the park one day, but now as a retiree!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter