• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cm told me she was putting down a celebration in my file?

nikkyluvsmickey

DIS Veteran
Yesturday i booked my package and the cm asked me if i had any celebrations to note i said no she asked again no bdays etc i said no only that this would be my fiances first trip to disney ever and she said oh wow that is definately something to celebrate i am putting that on file. My question is what is the point of that?

they will give you a pin at check in that says "1st trip"

They always ask what we are celebrating and this last trip, my daughter got a "birthday" pin

We are celebrating three first timers and a graduation.

You do get some neat attention from CM's, especially for first timers.

I thought I was going to dodge this this time but when she asked if we were celebrating anything I said "saddly we will be at Universal for our 25th wedding anniversary" but she said "that's ok we can celebrate it as well!!!" DH just about killed me and said there was no way he was going to put a button on!:rotfl2: So I don't know if I ware it if I'll get called Princess all day!

Yesturday i booked my package and the cm asked me if i had any celebrations to note i said no she asked again no bdays etc i said no only that this would be my fiances first trip to disney ever and she said oh wow that is definately something to celebrate i am putting that on file. My question is what is the point of that?

As others have said, the mostly like thing is that they'll give him a button upon check-in that says "First Time". It's cute and a nice way to start the trip. However, nothing is guaranteed, so you might not get a button (you can always ask for one :)).

The CMs on the phone like to put things in for celebrations. Sometimes you have something like a pin waiting and other times you do not.

In 2010, when asked what we were celebrating while booking, I basically said everyone still being around to go as my sister had a very close call (had to be resuscitated 3 times) not long before I booked. We did not have anything waiting and I did not expect anything.

In 2011, my cousin and I were meeting at WDW to speed some time together. I told the CM making the reservations that I was just meeting my cousin for a short trip. We had 2 "Family Reunion" pins waiting. It was just a very small family reunion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter