CM resort discount.Can someone else pay?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
We are probably going to book a room with DD's CM discount. Can I pay with my credit card? The payment info keeps auto filling her name. TY

I have done it but over the phone rather than online. If the system won't let her change the payment information, then she may need to call the cast booking line instead

If you want to book the room with the CM discount, the Cast Member has to book it through the Hub or they can call the CM reservations line. You can't book it like a normal reservation an then just "tack on" the discount. And when she books in on the CM reservations page she will be able to pay with your credit card.

As @aussie_princess said, your daughter will have to book the discount on the HUB and can pay with your card.

Also to note, she is going to need to go to the hotel roughly a week ahead of the reservation to confirm that she is still employed with the company.

To get the CM discount and not friends and family your daughter will need to be on the reservation and might even be treated as the lead on the reservation. Someone else can pay but it will put her name as the lead. She will also need to be there at check in to present her cast id. No ID and the discount gets taken away and everything goes to rack rate.

IF you are getting friend's and family then she doesn't have to be on the reservation but will need to take her ID to the resort you are staying at no more than 10 days before the trip. Friends and Family anyone can pay as they CM isn't even on the reservation.

I have called and used someone else's card but when booking online through the HUB I always had to get the person I was staying with to send me the money before hand and book it on my credit card. Originally if it was a true CM discount and not Friends and Family the CM had to pay but I know the phone CMs have been much more relaxed about that over the past few years.

Also, at the time of booking you only have to pay the deposit (10% I think) and then you can pay the rest when you check in. I did this when my family visited me. I paid the deposit with the booking and then when we checked in, they paid the remainder of the fee.

As far as going in early to show your ID goes, the CM only has to go in early if they're not staying with you at the hotel. If they are, they can just show their ID when you check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter