CM Memory Manager

Minnie&Mickey

I want to live at the Fort!
I just got the Creative Memories Memory Mananger software last week and I think I must be doing something wrong. Right now, I have thousands pictures that I have downloaded onto my computer stored in the My Pictures folder. I have them sorted by either the date they were downloaded or by a name of the event. How do I get these into Memory Manager? The way I am doing it now, I have to go to Get Images, and then open up each folder and then tell it to copy all images. Then I have to take all of those pictures and create a folder for them to go into (giving it a name that tells what they are), or else I have a long list of random pictures. This is extremely time-consuming. Is this the only way to do it? Also, by doing it this way, isn't it the same as copying and then pasting the pictures into the new software, thereby taking up twice as much space on my hard drive? Or should I only be using Memory Manager if I am actually working on the picture at that time, and not try to put all of my pictures in the vault? Will someone please tell me if there is an easier way to do this?
I just don't seem to understand the point of this software!

I am interested in finding this out too, was going to install, but wasn't sure how to use it.... so let tell us!!! please :flower:

Are there any CM consultants that have used this product on this board? If so, please explain this product to me...I'm clueless!

ok well my cmc has it and loves it but she is very new to digital pics. As far as I could tell it was for keeping your photos organized, cropping them, and getting them printed by the CM site. They did have a few features that she explained that would be good.....ie...letting you know you had already printed a particular picture, or that a picture may not be all the good printed due to quality, and they keep your photos on file so if your computer crashes they have the pics backed up for you. I think those are great features but don't know if it does enough to make me purchase it. Will have to see. Wish I could help you more. I will post more as she gives me the information.

I must admit that I have not tried it yet. I already have 2 other programs on my computer for this and have about 50% of my photos sorted in one of them. I'll keep an eye out for answers, though. That would make it pretty time consuming. At least one of teh other programs I have is liek that, though.

goofymom/pop said:
and they keep your photos on file so if your computer crashes they have the pics backed up for you.
When you say they keep you photos on file, do you mean online? So I would need to upload them to CM site first, right? I'm still so confused about this program.

Minnie&Mickey said:
When you say they keep you photos on file, do you mean online? So I would need to upload them to CM site first, right? I'm still so confused about this program.
The online site will triple-archive your files so that anything you upload is backed up. Memory Manager will help you to burn CDs/DVDs at home to archive that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter