• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CM at OKW front desk comes through for us.

JackDiznee

Mouseketeer
What a difference it makes when someone cares and tries to help.

Three weeks ago, on our first day of our OKW 10 day trip with our family of 5, 2 friends, and our 1 1/2 yo grandson, I went to guest relations with my Disney Credit Card to purchase 7 annual passes. After handing over all the id's, my card was rejected!
Before our trip, I had called to check on credit limit, verified the 0 balance, and even bought a video and paid the bill since it wasn't used for almost 2 years. The CM said he could not call the card 800 number, and that I would have to do that on my own. He suggested getting 1 day passes and upgrading after I contact the card company. I did this this and called that evening. They verified my 0 balance(!)but said I had 2 large purchases that put me over the limit. The large purchases were reversed but she said these reversals take time to go through and that i should have the vendor call them when I try to use the card.
Yeah, have my whole party wait ouside the gate in 95+ degree heat and hope it gets straightened out and not have to buy another 1 day pass.

Since I used the card at check-in, I went there to see if something happened there to cause the problem. A nice guy about my age, 47, named Paul, printed out every transaction, attempted transaction, looked up the times, wrote them on the print out, called the credit card 800 number, spoke to the customer rep along with me (passing the phone back and forth)and let them know I needed the charge reversal done now. It seems that the purchase price of the AP's went through twice and exceeded the credit limit. The guy on the phone from the card company also seemed a lot better at customer service than the last one I spoke too.

So if you are going to OkW soon or are there now and see Paul (he sounds a little like Ricardo Monteban) say hi to him. You can even shake his hand and tell him he is very much appreciated if you want to. I know I did.

BTW, that was the biggest problem of our whole trip, so it was another great DVC vacation at OKW.

If you haven't done it already, it would be good to let his management know that he went the extra mile for you.

Encouraging good behavior is at least as important as discouraging bad behavior.

I'm glad things worked out for you.

Tiggeriffic:

If I don't get that survey that usually is mailed after our trips I will e-mail and/or snail mail about Paul's fine service.

Thanks for posting about this positive experience.

I had a similar problem in 98 with a credit card, We had just left Hilton Head and arrived at Dixie Landings. When we went to check in my credit card was declined. We had a few purchases from the vacation but should have had over $10,000 available. The CM at the check in immediately got on the phone and called the credit card company, The card companys customer assistant was less than inspired and it was only because of the hard work of the Disney CM that the whole thing got straightened out. I never did get a straight answer from the card co about what the problem was. I went out of my way to thank the CM for her persistance and made sure to mention her name on the survey where it asks if anyone made your stay memorable. It is this kind of person that seperates Disney from all the others !

Paul is definitely a wonderful Cast Member, and, another one is Dianna. Both simply wonderful to work with.

Thanks for posting , it is nice to hear of the positive experiences!:D

Another SUPER CM at the OKW front desk is LISA!! She spent a lot of time with us getting information we requested, researching prices on various passes etc. Thank you LISA!!

We'll be in OKW in a few weeks. I know the gentleman that you are speaking of, (he is very helpful). I'll let him know that "he's now a celeb" with the boards..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter