clueless

dolphin4me

Earning My Ears
Hi all I am new to this site. It seems many of you know the parks inside out. Well my My husband, daughter and I are going for a week long visit to orlando in April. I was wondering which park takes up less time in a day. We went to MK last year and we were only there for a day, we didnt see much of it. We are spending another day at MK to see what we missed. Are all the parks like that or are some of them easy to see in a day? thanks for any reply

A lot depends on your interests. If your daughter is young, you might not need as much time at EPCOT. With our family, in 4 days, we try to go 1/2 day to MGM and Animal Kingdom, each in the morning, at early entry. Then we park hop to EPCOT both of those days, so we can catch the nightly fireworks show.

We go early and spend the 3rd day at Magic Kingdom, using Fast Pass and goiing counter-clockwise to see everything. The 4th day, we try to go early to MK and the hit either MGM for Fantasmic, or EPCOT in case we think we missed something. Not necessarily in that order, but we don't need an entire day at Animal Kingdom. One at least at the other 3.

I would say that you could see everything you want to at Animal Kingdom, there is a lot of walking and scenery, so you can see the shows, parade, and rides that you want to, no problem.

If you try to see everything in a day, you'll never enjoy yourselves. This May we'll be taking our fifth trip to Disney in about 3 1/2 years, and we're still doing new things for the first time.

If you're looking for another park to try, pick one based upon your interests rather than the mere fact that you'd be able to see everything in a day. If your family enjoys animals, the Animal Kingdom may be right up your alley.

If your daugher is 5 or under, MGM may be a good choice. Our kids love the live Playhouse Disney show. Then you've also got the live Beauty and the Beast stage show, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Muppetvision 3D and the Fantasmic show at night. And if your daughter is older, Rock N Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror are not to be missed.

Epcot is probably best suited to older children. Some of the attractions are a bit dated, but it has a couple of newer thrill rides in Mission: Space and Test Track. The Living Seas pavilion has been getting a lot of theming and exhibits based upon Finding Nemo in recent months.

dolphin4me said:
Hi all I am new to this site. It seems many of you know the parks inside out. Well my My husband, daughter and I are going for a week long visit to orlando in April. I was wondering which park takes up less time in a day. We went to MK last year and we were only there for a day, we didnt see much of it. We are spending another day at MK to see what we missed. Are all the parks like that or are some of them easy to see in a day? thanks for any reply

How old is your daughter, that would help give us a clue as to suggestions.

We saw all we wanted to see at both MGM and AK in one day--of course we went back for seconds though!
Our kids all love animals so AK was enjoyable to all 4--as for MGM the 2 teenagers enjoyed it more than the 6 and 8 year old.
Epcot we saw all we wanted in 1/2 day---the kids really had no desire to stay any longer :confused3
I guess it depends on the age and whether your daughter is one who likes rides and what kind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter