Club Villain

cfeasby

Earning My Ears
Headed to Disney World in late October. I’ve missed Club Villain in the past. Any news on whether or not it will be back? Fingers crossed....

The Sunset Showcase venue, the venue where CV took place, has been completely cleared of anything having to do with CV. It's being used by the Disney Events group regularly for private and special events.

There has been absolutely no mention of CV returning to DHS. I think you can uncross your fingers.

It was a great experience, but it was expensive to produce and based on my observations, too many performances were not that well attended.

Sometime in the past few months they did bring it back for a special event. Not as "Club Villain," but as a special meet and greet? I think for that big character day they did?
I still chat with someone we met at one of our Club Villain nights and she was there for it, she said pretty much everything was set up again - just no tables.

Apart from that I haven't seen or heard anything.
The thing had a good crowd every time I or the BF went (I think it was 3 for me and he went 2 or 3 times more than I did), and always had great reviews. I hope they bring it back in some form.

The Sunset Showcase venue, the venue where CV took place, has been completely cleared of anything having to do with CV. It's being used by the Disney Events group regularly for private and special events.

There has been absolutely no mention of CV returning to DHS. I think you can uncross your fingers.

It was a great experience, but it was expensive to produce and based on my observations, too many performances were not that well attended.

Sad. In all our years at Disney it probably was the very best event, with the best value, that we have ever attended. Nothing has come close. AND it set a standard for us now ... that has prevented me from booking other special events that I see as not worth it, because I compare them to CV.

Was odd they built this brand new building at DHS and didn't have an 'attraction' in it .. but I guess it makes them more buck as a private event venue.

Was odd they built this brand new building at DHS and didn't have an 'attraction' in it .. but I guess it makes them more buck as a private event venue.

It wasn't built for an attraction, it was designed and built to be exactly what it is = a "flex theater" that can change even in the same day (as CV did) to host one thing during the day, another at night, different things different nights. Whether it's for use during park hours or after hours it can be utilized by different departments for different things, and Disney Events can certainly make great use from it.

Sometime in the past few months they did bring it back for a special event. Not as "Club Villain," but as a special meet and greet? I think for that big character day they did?
They did a modified version of CV as a private event for organizations and corporations. They still will, just not at that location.
I still chat with someone we met at one of our Club Villain nights and she was there for it, she said pretty much everything was set up again - just no tables.
That hasn't been the case for a while.
The thing had a good crowd every time I or the BF went
A good crowd and sold out can be two different things. They set up the tables to match the crowd size so it wasn't always apparent when it wasn't sold out. I knew what the attendance was and also what the sellout number was. During certain times there was a significant disparity.

I wish it had continued, not only was it fun to attend, it was also fun to play a role and be a part of the show even though we weren't performers.
and always had great reviews.
That's true, the vast majority of the feedback was positive, but it had it's faults. It was not an adults only event, for a lot of people it was pricey and the fact that you needed park admission was an issue.
It wasn't built for an attraction, it was designed and built to be exactly what it is = a "flex theater" that can change even in the same day (as CV did) to host one thing during the day, another at night, different things different nights. Whether it's for use during park hours or after hours it can be utilized by different departments for different things, and Disney Events can certainly make great use from it.
Are you channeling me? All that is correct.

In addition, it's also the weather back up for private parties and events. A couple of nights ago it was too cold to have a corporate dinner and dessert party at the Fantasmic patios and it was moved indoors to the Sunset Showcase. I was happy with the decision. The JBJB party was also moved there on at least one occasion. What a pain.

Oh no! I hate to hear this. We are going next year in the fall and was hoping to go. I wanted to meet Maleficent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter