Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

UPDATE: Information on the HEA reserved viewing this past Wednesday night courtesy of @MermaidMommy:

We were there on Wednesday night, and only about a quarter (or a little less) of the grassy area in front of Casey’s was roped off. The rest of the area was still available. We’re going to watch HEA again tonight, and hoping that it’s still the case.

It was the very edge of the area, closest to Adventureland. I’ll report back after tonight’s fireworks, in case anything is different.

I would think the reserved area grows and shrinks based on the amount of reservations they have that day.

I agree, that sounds reasonable and likely.

The question I still have is what kind of ratio will they try to maintain for space per person? Will they try to pack the area as tight as possible, so as to leave more room for other guests? Or will they try to keep it more like the dessert party garden section, to keep it more of a special experience for paying guests? One could make a strong case for either scenario.

I decided not to wait any longer, so here is my experience with scheduling for our trip in early June.

I called this afternoon with a 5 minute wait. Annie helped me and was great! She was very helpful and helped me move some ADRs around to fit with some minor changes to our plans (I felt bad because I called her Amy as we hung up.)

The call took a bit longer than I have read for others. But this was due to some technical issues. Seems they have the same love for MDE that we do. :D I was able to schedule our third day on the day we are checking out of a CL room and moving to another resort, non-CL.

I was able to schedule at the exact times or within 5 minutes. The biggest difference, from others on here, was that reserving my 3 non-extra fast passes did not feel optional. And on the day where I only had one regular chosen, she urged me to choose my other two at that time.

Most importantly, she said to call back to edit any of the passes, even those that are not paid extras. I got the impression she mentioned this to be overcautious in avoiding any glitches. But who knows for sure, especially now that the program is actually in play.

For HEA viewing, she mentioned that the reserved area was being sized to match the number of reservations. And while the area will not get overly crowded, she suggested getting there early due to it being harder to navigate through the crowds around it. Much like some have experienced getting from TL Terrace to the Garden on a crowded day.

I did not ask about TSMM fast passes, since HS was not one of the parks we are using this for. But I did get a pass for the new Up bird show coming in April. Wasn’t sure if Flights of Wonder used to have fast passes as well? But this was a nice surprise as I’m sure it will be quite popular.

I did not ask about TSMM fast passes, since HS was not one of the parks we are using this for. But I did get a pass for the new Up bird show coming in April. Wasn’t sure if Flights of Wonder used to have fast passes as well? But this was a nice surprise as I’m sure it will be quite popular.
UP! has the FP option but FoW did not. I'd call it unnecessary to get a FP but no differently than it is with Beauty and the Beast show at HS.

Thinking about the duplicate problem. If it works as stated by DSS, booking than using a duplicate FP and your plans go up in smoke. What would happen on your 4th FP?

Normally after using your 3 allotted you can book your 4th for any experience that has availability. I have set my 6 FP's to be able to maximize the amount I can use, so 3 normal early and the 3 club level late. If I'm in MK and use my 3 and see and book 7 Dwarfs but that is also in my late night club level FP, would my plans go up in smoke when I use it or will the app not allow me to book it in that case?

Really hope we get some reviews soon.

I decided not to wait any longer, so here is my experience with scheduling for our trip in early June.

I called this afternoon with a 5 minute wait. Annie helped me and was great! She was very helpful and helped me move some ADRs around to fit with some minor changes to our plans (I felt bad because I called her Amy as we hung up.)

The call took a bit longer than I have read for others. But this was due to some technical issues. Seems they have the same love for MDE that we do. :D I was able to schedule our third day on the day we are checking out of a CL room and moving to another resort, non-CL.

I was able to schedule at the exact times or within 5 minutes. The biggest difference, from others on here, was that reserving my 3 non-extra fast passes did not feel optional. And on the day where I only had one regular chosen, she urged me to choose my other two at that time.

Most importantly, she said to call back to edit any of the passes, even those that are not paid extras. I got the impression she mentioned this to be overcautious in avoiding any glitches. But who knows for sure, especially now that the program is actually in play.

For HEA viewing, she mentioned that the reserved area was being sized to match the number of reservations. And while the area will not get overly crowded, she suggested getting there early due to it being harder to navigate through the crowds around it. Much like some have experienced getting from TL Terrace to the Garden on a crowded day.

We're going May 1-6. We have Club Level Fast Passes for 3 of our 5 park days. The CM scheduled our regular FPs on those days also. I was able to modify our regular FPs that the CM scheduled up until a few days ago. I hadn't scheduled two regular FBs for myself (but did for my husband) because I wasn't sure what I wanted to schedule. I haven't been able to schedule a regular FP for myself for those times. The site won't allow me to. I'm going to call DSS tomorrow to have them do it for me.

I assume they're tweaking the system/program.

We're going May 1-6. We have Club Level Fast Passes for 3 of our 5 park days. The CM scheduled our regular FPs on those days also. I was able to modify our regular FPs that the CM scheduled up until a few days ago. I hadn't scheduled two regular FBs for myself (but did for my husband) because I wasn't sure what I wanted to schedule. I haven't been able to schedule a regular FP for myself for those times. The site won't allow me to. I'm going to call DSS tomorrow to have them do it for me.

I assume they're tweaking the system/program.

FWIW, I can still modify, delete, and make my three Regular FPs in MDX with no problems. :confused3

Thinking about the duplicate problem. If it works as stated by DSS, booking than using a duplicate FP and your plans go up in smoke. What would happen on your 4th FP?

Normally after using your 3 allotted you can book your 4th for any experience that has availability. I have set my 6 FP's to be able to maximize the amount I can use, so 3 normal early and the 3 club level late. If I'm in MK and use my 3 and see and book 7 Dwarfs but that is also in my late night club level FP, would my plans go up in smoke when I use it or will the app not allow me to book it in that case?

Really hope we get some reviews soon.

I am worried about this as well. I've been stalking the boards waiting to see someone's experience using the system while in the parks.

We just booked a qualifying CL equivalent room at Dolphin. Our trip is not until November and ADR days start in mid-May. At what point is the initial contact made with DSS?

We just booked a qualifying CL equivalent room at Dolphin. Our trip is not until November and ADR days start in mid-May. At what point is the initial contact made with DSS?
You can book it 90 days before your check out date (final day of travel)

You can book it 90 days before your check out date (final day of travel)
Thank you for your response. I understand that you actually book at 90 days, but when do you first get connected with DSS to ask questions, get familiar with the process, etc. I'd like to learn a lot more and have a strategy, especially before choosing our ADRs.

Thank you for your response. I understand that you actually book at 90 days, but when do you first get connected with DSS to ask questions, get familiar with the process, etc. I'd like to learn a lot more and have a strategy, especially before choosing our ADRs.

DSS mostly serves Disney CL guests. When you make a CL reservation, you sometimes get a postcard introducing themselves, you sometimes get a call, you sometimes get both, you sometimes never hear from them. It’s a mixed bag.

Some CL guests have recieved literature about the program, some haven’t.

You’re the first Dolphin eligible guest I’ve seen and I’m not sure how DSS is handling any outreach to the very small set of guests there that are eligible.

My guess/assumption having been a close DSS observer is that the chances of you not hearing from them are high. But, I could be wrong.

BUT, none of that matters as you should feel free to reach out to them at any time. Here is contact info:

Disney Signature Services
(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

Hope that helps. Happy to answer any questions.

DSS mostly serves Disney CL guests. When you make a CL reservation, you sometimes get a postcard introducing themselves, you sometimes get a call, you sometimes get both, you sometimes never hear from them. It’s a mixed bag.

Some CL guests have recieved literature about the program, some haven’t.

You’re the first Dolphin eligible guest I’ve seen and I’m not sure how DSS is handling any outreach to the very small set of guests there that are eligible.

My guess/assumption having been a close DSS observer is that the chances of you not hearing from them are high. But, I could be wrong.

BUT, none of that matters as you should feel free to reach out to them at any time. Here is contact info:

Disney Signature Services
(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

Hope that helps. Happy to answer any questions.
Thank you very much. When I originally started this, I called DSS first and spoke to such a nice CM. I asked him if he knew specifically, which room categories at Dolphin I had to book. He wasn't 100% sure and I hung up having no answers. I went about my afternoon and about 15 minutes later, the same CM called me back with the answer. I was so impressed he took the time to retrieve my number (I hadn't left my info) and called me back. That prompted me to call Dolphin with the same info and the woman I talked to there knew exactly what I was referring to and helped me book the right category room. I think tomorrow I will call DSS and ask to speak with the helpful CM and see where it goes. I hope this all can work out!

Thank you very much. When I originally started this, I called DSS first and spoke to such a nice CM. I asked him if he knew specifically, which room categories at Dolphin I had to book. He wasn't 100% sure and I hung up having no answers. I went about my afternoon and about 15 minutes later, the same CM called me back with the answer. I was so impressed he took the time to retrieve my number (I hadn't left my info) and called me back. That prompted me to call Dolphin with the same info and the woman I talked to there knew exactly what I was referring to and helped me book the right category room. I think tomorrow I will call DSS and ask to speak with the helpful CM and see where it goes. I hope this all can work out!

Cool. Mind if I ask, which room category did you book? I ask just to make sure we have the latest info on elgible rooms.

When it comes to DSS, if you have a CM you like, definitely get their name and extension. Many CMs are great but some are newer and may not know as much, so cling to ones that you trust. When you have their extension, the phone system will let you enter an extension and get to that person easier in the future.

When you call tomorrow, tell the CM who answers that you’d like to talk to <CM Name>. They may try to say “I can help you” but be firm and politely ask if they can find him, assuming he’s not off of course.

Good luck!

Cool. Mind if I ask, which room category did you book? I ask just to make sure we have the latest info on elgible rooms.

When it comes to DSS, if you have a CM you like, definitely get their name and extension. Many CMs are great but some are newer and may not know as much, so cling to ones that you trust. When you have their extension, the phone system will let you enter an extension and get to that person easier in the future.

When you call tomorrow, tell the CM who answers that you’d like to talk to <CM Name>. They may try to say “I can help you” but be firm and politely ask if they can find him, assuming he’s not off of course.

Good luck!

Hello! I don't often post but I wanted to chime in since I was able to book this for my deluxe alcove room at the Swan. What I've had to do is call the Swan/Dolphin first and then have them connect me. The times I've called DSS first, I have always been told to do it this way instead. That way they know that you have the proper room type because there is no way for DSS to verify that information since the Swan and Dolphin are on a different non-Disney system. I was able to book my 3 days of paid fast passes 90 days from the check out date. My trip is from May 5th-May 8th so I will definitely report back to let everyone know how it goes.

Has anyone else on here actually used the paid fast passes yet?

Hello! I don't often post but I wanted to chime in since I was able to book this for my deluxe alcove room at the Swan. What I've had to do is call the Swan/Dolphin first and then have them connect me. The times I've called DSS first, I have always been told to do it this way instead. That way they know that you have the proper room type because there is no way for DSS to verify that information since the Swan and Dolphin are on a different non-Disney system. I was able to book my 3 days of paid fast passes 90 days from the check out date. My trip is from May 5th-May 8th so I will definitely report back to let everyone know how it goes.

Great news. Glad to hear you were able to connect with DSS easily. We have the same room category booked - Deluxe Alcove Room - but ours is also connected to a standard double room. I am fearful that this "pilot" program will end before our trip in November. Have there been discussion threads on that yet?

Great news. Glad to hear you were able to connect with DSS easily. We have the same room category booked - Deluxe Alcove Room - but ours is also connected to a standard double room. I am fearful that this "pilot" program will end before our trip in November. Have there been discussion threads on that yet?

I don't think anyone has information on a possible end date yet. It does seem like they are starting to create some new rules regarding the tiers of the passes according to recent reports. I was allowed to pick whatever 6 rides I wanted, regardless of tiers, as long as they were all different rides.

Thanks for the info on the S/D / DSS booking process. Much appreciated! :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter