Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

So I just booked the CL FP+ for our trip September 14-21. Hearing about others' recent experience with the discontinued preferred viewing I thought I'd share.

Days booked CL FP:
9/15. Fantasmic!
9/17 . Illuminations
9/19. Rivers of Light

All were booked as another FP+ selection. Total of 7 per day.

IDK if this was something new or a goof but we'll see.
So sounds like they have just eliminated the HEA, for the Party season, which is what has been mentioned at one point as a possibility all along. Simply possible confusion on the part of the CM taking what is their stopping 1 viewing to meaning they were stopping ALL viewing. Won't be the first, or the last, time the CM got confused.

Well that’s interesting. Makes sense on Disney’s part as there are already FP areas for those shows. Sort of a step in the program as structured to date though.

Did you ask about HEA?

I'm afraid I didn't. We're not going to MK except for MNSSHP and DAH. I didn't want to do any other park when I'll be up late those nights. Plus I was still confused about the seating part. Lol

Well that’s interesting. Makes sense on Disney’s part as there are already FP areas for those shows. Sort of a step down in the program as structured to date though (special, small group reserved area vs big FP area).

Did you ask about HEA?
Sounds like to me they have removed preferred viewing for all the shows, replaced it with FP for the 3 shows that have it, which is basically only removing the viewing area for HEA, at least through party season, which was what someone said 1 CM mentioned somewhere along the way. And could mean the viewing for HEA could return at some point after the parties are done. Or they could also have realized it's not really needed since that area is still open to others

I just looked at my pictures from our night in April when we were in the CL area...the areas adjacent/behind were "full-ish" but not crowded, if that makes sense. People were sitting before the show and you could still walk around them, but then once the show started, people stood up, so there would still have been a fair amount of room. We checked in about 45-hour before and there was quite a bit of room in those areas, then we left for a bit and it was more crowded of course when we came back about 10-15 minutes before. The people right up against the rope separating the two areas (behind the CL area) probably had a great view, since there were so few people inside the CL area.

So it is ok to leave the viewing area and return later?? Also, did the CM scan your MB upon checking-in at the viewing area??

Sounds like to me they have removed preferred viewing for all the shows, replaced it with FP for the 3 shows that have it, which is basically only removing the viewing area for HEA, at least through party season, which was what someone said 1 CM mentioned somewhere along the way. And could mean the viewing for HEA could return at some point after the parties are done. Or they could also have realized it's not really needed since that area is still open to others
It does not sound to me like they removed the preferred viewing areas and replaced them at all. No one said they changed the area of the viewing just that it booked like a 7th FP. These shows viewing areas were already where they also have the FP people. If I am paying for my extra FP then I want to continue having the special area so I don't have to get in a long line to get a good seat. It seems the only change to the program is removing the HEA viewing because of the number of party nights. Like I said in my previous post on this subject it seems to be related to the parties like @AP1979 posted earlier about their inquiry into a December viewing. Unfortunately, everyone who spoke to a CM that stated there would be no more viewing areas did not specify that it would just be HEA. They made it sound like all of the areas would be eliminated. We will have to wait and see if the areas change starting Sep 17th or if someone is booking this program soon maybe they could ask the CM's if the viewing areas are different for the 3 shows left. So far everything else is just speculation.

No. You can only book normal FP for the days you are purchasing the CL FP.

No I don’t see the price dropping. They eliminated a benefit few people actually ended up using.

ETA: btw you have to purchase 3 days of CL FP, so you are planning on intensive Park day on check-out day right?
Thanks that’s useful to know. This makes it less interesting to us. I think we would be ok with a busy first or last day but i’m Not sure I want to commit to six hours in the park (to use all the fast passes) on days it’s meant to be really busy

Ugh. I booked a dessert party for HEA. I think more out of being upset with the change and the “what if” kind of scenario. But the price tag hurt. We have one day at MK where we can see HEA and it will be super busy. Only live once, right? Have to work on figuring out more ways to get gift cards to justify this now!

So it is ok to leave the viewing area and return later?? Also, did the CM scan your MB upon checking-in at the viewing area??

Definitely! We went early since we didn't know what to expect. The CM told us we could leave and come back whenever we wanted since our spots were reserved, so we left and went on Peoplemover and got some snacks and such. There were a few people coming in right up until the start, as well as two people that came in after the show started. Again, this was HEA so I'm not sure if it would function the same for some of the other shows. For example, for ROL there were other groups in the viewing area - like the tour groups - so it did fill up more.

I can't remember if she scanned our ban, but she must have? I do remember that she had a list with our name on it and number in our party, but I guess she must have scanned the ban to identify us, I would think...

So I just got off the phone with DSS, I spoke to Megan. She told me that there would be NO viewing areas for the CLFP program during my trip from Nov 25th - Dec 5th. I specifically asked if that included F!, ROL and Illuminations and she said yes. I didn't ask why. I asked if I would only be receiving 3 FP's as outlined in the original program and she said yes. I think what happened with @kkbookmom was her stay bridged the time frame for the cut off. She started her CLFP's before the cut off and then finished them afterward and was given some pixie dust for it. I'd like to hear from anyone trying to book this program for after Sept 17th . It seems to me we now have at least 4 CM's saying there will be no viewing areas for this program for the end of the year. It will be interesting to see if the "success" of this program continues with the viewing areas eliminated. I know the value for me has now gone way down and I won't be booking this.

So I just got off the phone with DSS, I spoke to Megan. She told me that there would be NO viewing areas for the CLFP program during my trip from Nov 25th - Dec 5th. I specifically asked if that included F!, ROL and Illuminations and she said yes. I didn't ask why. I asked if I would only be receiving 3 FP's as outlined in the original program and she said yes. I think what happened with @kkbookmom was her stay bridged the time frame for the cut off. She started her CLFP's before the cut off and then finished them afterward and was given some pixie dust for it. I'd like to hear from anyone trying to book this program for after Sept 17th . It seems to me we now have at least 4 CM's saying there will be no viewing areas for this program for the end of the year. It will be interesting to see if the "success" of this program continues with the viewing areas eliminated. I know the value for me has now gone way down and I won't be booking this.

Thanks for checking in with the info you received from DSS.

I just heard, (and maybe it's somewhere in the above pages and I missed it) that the viewing areas were going away? True?
So sad, I was so looking forward to that perc!

I just heard, (and maybe it's somewhere in the above pages and I missed it) that the viewing areas were going away? True?
So sad, I was so looking forward to that perc!
Confirmed: beginning September 16th the show perk won’t be part of the paid CL Extras.

What a bummer! Sounds like Oct nighttime viewing is kaput. I will still buy them though. To get 3 extra FP’s and be able to make them any tier and multiple parks is worth it for me. If I’m going to spend all the $ to fly to Orlando, stay at Poly/BWI and go to Dis, there’s no way I’m waiting in line 60-90 mins for a ride. I’ll gladly spend a little more to have the extra fp’s.
Since someone else said otherwise to your post, We did the extra FP and felt it was worthwhile, and we have been to WDW very MANY times.

I suppose it depends a little when you go- as in - how crowded it will be. We don't buy many of the upsells, like the dessert parties, because we think the CL desserts are plenty.

We also value our time very much. Sometimes you can get extra FP for good attractions, but knowing in advance that we had FP for all the major attractions was nice, especially as we went to WDW during a busy time period.

While I didn't go crazy using refresh, we did check and re-check for 4th FP a number of times. I never saw any of the e-rides show up. We did get Pirates and Jungle Cruise, but mostly only attractions like Dumbo came up.

We initially didn't think we'd use the HEA viewing area option, but it ended up being a highlight! Sorry to hear it will be taken away. Maybe they will bring it back after the holidays or if enough folks say something.

Since someone else said otherwise to your post, We did the extra FP and felt it was worthwhile, and we have been to WDW very MANY times.

I suppose it depends a little when you go- as in - how crowded it will be. We don't buy many of the upsells, like the dessert parties, because we think the CL desserts are plenty.

We also value our time very much. Sometimes you can get extra FP for good attractions, but knowing in advance that we had FP for all the major attractions was nice, especially as we went to WDW during a busy time period.

While I didn't go crazy using refresh, we did check and re-check for 4th FP a number of times. I never saw any of the e-rides show up. We did get Pirates and Jungle Cruise, but mostly only attractions like Dumbo came up.

We initially didn't think we'd use the HEA viewing area option, but it ended up being a highlight! Sorry to hear it will be taken away. Maybe they will bring it back after the holidays or if enough folks say something.
Thanks for your insight. I am very disappointed about not getting the viewing areas. My DH and I have decided not to purchase these now because of that. I totally get the value for the FP's if you are having a short stay, going during a crowded time or don't go all the time. We also value our time. We are staying long enough that I am hoping we can get FP's for what we want without needing the extra ones. Hopefully enough people will not purchase this now to make Disney change it's mind about the viewing areas.

Oh, no. I cancelled the HEA dessert party, thinking I could book the viewing area for my late September stay. I think I will skip the club level fastpasses and save some money. Very disappointed.

Anyone know WHY the reserved viewing area is going away? I'm very curious.
A few pages back, it was reported that DSS CMs cited lack of demand...aka “no shows” for the reserved space.

When Disney is stationing extra CMs for the reserved HEA space and only 12 or so CL guests show up when 40 or more are on the list, it would cause them to reevaluate the offer. It’s always about quotas when anything is offered - from regular meet and greets to Extra perks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter