Closing Time!

View attachment 708541

Put your name in the yellow highlighted box- Smith John, and I also like to use the start date in green so that I get the most recently recorded documents.

I've used Magic Vacation Title for 3 contracts and I've noticed that my deeds tend to be recorded the next day or even 2 days after I've been told the sale has closed.
I use "Either Party" because at some point, as deeds, mortgages, assignments, sales, etc are added to the list, that field captures everything. Personal preference only.

I use "Either Party" because at some point, as deeds, mortgages, assignments, sales, etc are added to the list, that field captures everything. Personal preference only.
I'm just checking for the recording date so I can start the count for time to contract showing on my account. I ignore all the other documents.

I'm just checking for the recording date so I can start the count for time to contract showing on my account. I ignore all the other documents.
Totally understand. I just like to keep track of what's got my name on it so even if I'm only looking for a specific document, I just check anyway. I usually just check the total number of documents and then sort by descending dates to see the newest one.

We’re purchasing a contract from an international seller. We asked for confirmation that all documents were received/complete before wiring funds and then sent funds. Monday afternoon the title company reached out and said they’ve requested the FIRPTA documents needed to close. They expected them within 48 hours and said we’d close upon receipt.

Do those documents come from the seller? I know what FIRPTA is, as we’ve already completed the paperwork and provided our SSN. I’m just curious if we’re waiting for the seller to return documents, or if it’s just something the title company has to generate/complete before closing. Any idea? I reached out for an update but haven’t heard anything yet - understandable considering the hurricane and clean up.

Is there anything I can do to speed that part of the process up or can you only speed up the points being added? Thanks!

Is there anything I can do to speed that part of the process up or can you only speed up the points being added? Thanks!
You can only speed up the points being added. If you are a new DVC member then you need to get an account set up and wait for 2 emails to come from Member Accounting. @DonMacGregor and I are both current DVC members; so we just need to wait for the new contract to show up on our accounts.

You can only speed up the points being added. If you are a new DVC member then you need to get an account set up and wait for 2 emails to come from Member Accounting. @DonMacGregor and I are both current DVC members; so we just need to wait for the new contract to show up on our accounts.
I see, thanks. Yes we're new members. Have to try and forget about it for a bit again but at least we know it's definitely going through!!

I said Member Accounting, but it's actually Member Administration that creates the new accounts and sends out the emails you'll need to get set up online.

Used the chat today to see about getting points in anticipation of booking a May trip in the next few days. Was told to wait until it was ready to book and if they weren’t loaded contact them again. Hopefully, they’ll load them Saturday if they aren’t loaded before then.

Used the chat today to see about getting points in anticipation of booking a May trip in the next few days. Was told to wait until it was ready to book and if they weren’t loaded contact them again. Hopefully, they’ll load them Saturday if they aren’t loaded before then.
I have better luck when I call in to MS. Just did this yesterday and they loaded my points. I did say I have banked points on my new contract that I wanted to switch out for a trip in Nov though.

Had the same experience today. Chat was redirecting me to call MS the last couple of days and, when I did finally get through this afternoon, was asked to wait a few more days.

I have better luck when I call in to MS. Just did this yesterday and they loaded my points. I did say I have banked points on my new contract that I wanted to switch out for a trip in Nov though.
How long after closing was that? Thank you!

Because yall are so brilliant - for new members, we get the activation codes and all that VIA email? In my head it was snail mail, but I'm not 100%

How long after closing was that? Thank you!
I closed on this contract on 9/15 and it was pretty on schedule that contract showed up on my acct at day 18 (10/3). I was going to wait for points to add naturally which was about 5 days but changed my mind and called in. I didn’t realize they were telling some ppl to wait but I’ve always had luck having them load my points once my contract is showing in my membership.

I closed on this contract on 9/15 and it was pretty on schedule that contract showed up on my acct at day 18 (10/3). I was going to wait for points to add naturally which was about 5 days but changed my mind and called in. I didn’t realize they were telling some ppl to wait but I’ve always had luck having them load my points once my contract is showing in my membership.
I closed on one 9/16 but no email yet. Waiting after payment is much more difficult than rofr👎🏻

Home Resort: BLT
Broker:
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 08/30
Offer accepted: 08/31
Sent to ROFR: 09/01
Passed ROFR: 09/15
Closing docs received: 09/16
Closing docs returned: 09/18
Closing funds received: 09/19
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Have not heard back from Mason Title regarding the sellers closing docs or closing date. Beginning to think the seller is backing out.

Home Resort: BLT
Broker:
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 08/30
Offer accepted: 08/31
Sent to ROFR: 09/01
Passed ROFR: 09/15
Closing docs received: 09/16
Closing docs returned: 09/18
Closing funds received: 09/19
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Have not heard back from Mason Title regarding the sellers closing docs or closing date. Beginning to think the seller is backing out.
I’d contact Mason and see if they have heard from the sellers. Next time, hold the closing funds until you hear that the sellers have returned their documents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter