• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!

Final Update:

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/8/22
Offer accepted: 6/8/22
Sent to ROFR: 6/9/22
Passed ROFR: 7/7/22
Estoppel received: 7/7/22
Closing docs received: 7/18/22
Closing docs returned buyer: 7/18/22
Closing docs returned seller: ???
Closing: 7/21/22
Deed recorded: 7/25/22
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 8/12/22
Points in account: 8/15/22

Total Days: 68

Got points loaded via chat. I had never had any luck with chat before but today they actually did it. Definitely a lot easier over chat than waiting on the phone.

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 7/18/2022
Offer accepted: 7/18/2022
Sent to ROFR: 7/19/2022
Passed ROFR: 8/14/2022
Closing docs received:8/18/2022
Closing docs returned:8/22/2022
Closing:8/31/2022
Deed recorded:9/01/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited:
Update:

Home Resort: Vero Beach
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow
Offer made: 06/17/2022
Offer accepted: 06/18/2022
Sent to ROFR: 06/21/2022
Passed ROFR: 07/18/2022
Closing docs received: 07/19/2022
Closing docs returned: 07/22/2022
Closing: 07/29/2022
Deed recorded: 07/29/2022
Contract Showing on Membership(existing membership: 08/16/2022
Points in account:

Days Total:

Congrats! did you call/chat to get your Member info and points so fast? Your timing has me optimistic because we closed on 8/2 as new members!
Yes, persistent calling, undeterred by the taking points cm's repeat about it taking six weeks.

Yes, persistent calling, undeterred by the taking points cm's repeat about it taking six weeks.
This is the way. I would chat with a CM and they would say several weeks. I would wait a couple hours, jump back on chat and try again. Longest it took me was 3 days. I actually called while at moonlight magic at typhoon lagoon last week to add a contract I was waiting on. They were able to load it then. 😜

Final Update:

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 6/8/22
Offer accepted: 6/8/22
Sent to ROFR: 6/9/22
Passed ROFR: 7/7/22
Estoppel received: 7/7/22
Closing docs received: 7/18/22
Closing docs returned buyer: 7/18/22
Closing docs returned seller: ???
Closing: 7/21/22
Deed recorded: 7/25/22
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 8/12/22
Points in account: 8/15/22

Total Days: 68

Got points loaded via chat. I had never had any luck with chat before but today they actually did it. Definitely a lot easier over chat than waiting on the phone.

Update:

Home Resort: Vero Beach
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason Title & Escrow
Offer made: 06/17/2022
Offer accepted: 06/18/2022
Sent to ROFR: 06/21/2022
Passed ROFR: 07/18/2022
Closing docs received: 07/19/2022
Closing docs returned: 07/22/2022
Closing: 07/29/2022
Deed recorded: 07/29/2022
Contract Showing on Membership(existing membership: 08/16/2022
Points in account:

Days Total:
I'm pretty angry to be honest. They're just flat-out lying to people. My deed was recorded on 7/19 and I still don't see the contract. They told me they're doing it first come, first served.

Home Resort: HHI
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 7/19/22
Offer accepted: 7/19/22
Sent to ROFR: 7/22/22
Passed ROFR: 8/17/22
Closing docs received: 8/18/22
Closing docs returned:8/22/22
Closing: 8/22/22
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited:

I'm pretty angry to be honest. They're just flat-out lying to people. My deed was recorded on 7/19 and I still don't see the contract. They told me they're doing it first come, first served.
Basically, I closed on 7/27 and do not see my contract yet either. The other day they lied about receiving my merge request twice by chat and by e-mail - when I got them on the phone they said they never received it to begin with and after I called them out on lying to me twice they did it right then and there on the phone with my trip only 2 weeks away.

I've been stalking the Orange county comptroller site and finally the deeds were recorded for Disney with me as the Grantor.

Home Resort: SSR #1
Broker: www.*******.com
Title Company: Disney
Offer made: 6/5
Offer accepted: 6/5
Sent to ROFR: 6/6
Taken in ROFR: 7/6 (30 days)
Closing docs received (seller): 8/9 (34 days)
Closing docs returned (seller): 8/9 (34 days)
Closing: 8/16?
Deed recorded: 8/17 (8 days)
Contract Removed from Membership:
Funds disbursed:

Days Total:

Home Resort: SSR #2
Funds disbursed:

Days Total:

Just another data point Cap. My deed was recorded 7/28 and it showed up in my account this morning 8/18. Existing member.

Just another data point Cap. My deed was recorded 7/28 and it showed up in my account this morning 8/18. Existing member.
I give them a lot of slack on estimates of timeline. But something like "we're handling them on a first come, first served basis" isn't an estimate, it's either true or it isn't.

Home Resort: Riviera
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Offer made: 5/16
Offer accepted: 5/17
Sent to ROFR: 5/18
Passed ROFR: 6/15
Closing docs received: 7/5
Closing docs returned: 7/6
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Home Resort: Riviera
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Offer made: 5/16
Offer accepted: 5/17
Sent to ROFR: 5/18
Passed ROFR: 6/15
Closing docs received: 7/5
Closing docs returned: 7/6
Closing: 7/27
Deed recorded: 8/1
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 8/18
Points in account: I will get them added today or tomorrow

Days Total: 94 Days

What's the best way to reach out to DVC about a contract that hasn't loaded into your membership yet? The 2nd batch of VGC points I purchased recorded on 7/26 but nothing so far on my account or from DVC.

I give them a lot of slack on estimates of timeline. But something like "we're handling them on a first come, first served basis" isn't an estimate, it's either true or it isn't.

I am sure that is the expected policy but things happen in which they allow people to jump the line.

Think about all of us who have called and do call MS to try and get points loaded faster.

Every time someone does that..it technically jumps them ahead of someone else so the doing it in order goes out the window.

Not a criticism because I have done it but even with in order policy, there are things that can happen that override it.

I was not expecting to get my funds until the end of next week, but I have received 2 emails from my bank saying that the wire transfers have come through. I will take it!

Home Resort: SSR #1
Funds disbursed: 8/18 (1 day)

Days Total:

Home Resort: SSR #2
Funds disbursed: 8/18 (1 day)

Days Total:

Ok, yall. What does this mean? I understand it takes time to process new memberships (deed recorded 7/29 here), but I reached out Disney to double check they had everything they'd need to process ours and hopefully avoid any unnecessary delays since we are eagerly waiting to book a trip using points expiring in February. Today I got an email back stating "It seems we are still holding for updated information from the broker before we can process this purchase. Please reach out to them for an update." What on earth would they still need from our broker at this point??

Ok, yall. What does this mean? I understand it takes time to process new memberships (deed recorded 7/29 here), but I reached out Disney to double check they had everything they'd need to process ours and hopefully avoid any unnecessary delays since we are eagerly waiting to book a trip using points expiring in February. Today I got an email back stating "It seems we are still holding for updated information from the broker before we can process this purchase. Please reach out to them for an update." What on earth would they still need from our broker at this point??

That doesn’t sound good. It means something happened and the broker may have asked MA not to process it yet

Most often, it is a trip the seller has that required a delayed closing and it was not disclosed.

Hoping it's not the case, but reminds me of what happened in this thread: Post in thread 'Resale Contract Closed, but not getting contracted loaded until after 7/8/2022 over 60 days from closing? Advise wanted' https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...m-closing-advise-wanted.3885137/post-64051836

There was an existing reservation on the contract even though the deed closed, and I think Disney was punting to the broker on what should be done with it before transfer.

I had the same immediate concern... not sure that's the case though. I responded to Disney and asked what specifically they were still needing so I could identify that when contacting the broker and they just responded with the following:
The contract did not include any of your contact information, which is necessary for PII requirements when contacting us for assistance. Due to this nature of resales, we must have the contract physically state this information. Which the broker was made aware of, but had not received this update to the contract. I did check with the process team and once we get this they can roll your contract into their current run of contracts which will allow it to be completed within the next week, but until the update is received we can not move forward.

Hopefully you were able to reach your broker by now and receive word that they've already sent the necessary information, or if not, why not.

And if the contract is required to include the buyer's contact information, why did neither the broker nor the title company catch that omission?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter