Closing on a new home resort with diffrent UY: new membership?

JessLCH

DIS Veteran
I already own a few BLT contracts but all the same UY listed and managed under one membership number. Just got the closing papers for a resale we are purchasing at VWL with a different UY. Am I going to be getting an entirely new membership number/ID cards or will it be managed under my current membership number? I do understand they are essentially two totally separate ownerships and that is how we will use them, but I am just wondering about the details of managing the online account(s).

I already own a few BLT contracts but all the same UY listed and managed under one membership number. Just got the closing papers for a resale we are purchasing at VWL with a different UY. Am I going to be getting an entirely new membership number/ID cards or will it be managed under my current membership number? I do understand they are essentially two totally separate ownerships and that is how we will use them, but I am just wondering about the details of managing the online account(s).
The only overlaps are that you will likely be able to access each master membership under one sign on and in some cases, may have some transfer flexibility. Other than that, you will be treated as 2 separate individuals. You will not be able to combine points for a given reservation without transferring but transferred points don't currently show up online. You will potentially pickup additional transfer and wait list options.

The only overlaps are that you will likely be able to access each master membership under one sign on and in some cases, may have some transfer flexibility. Other than that, you will be treated as 2 separate individuals. You will not be able to combine points for a given reservation without transferring but transferred points don't currently show up online. You will potentially pickup additional transfer and wait list options.

I understand about not being able to combine points. I was really wondering about having one sign on on the website. Thx.

I understand about not being able to combine points. I was really wondering about having one sign on on the website. Thx.

Quoted as security reasons, DVC allows one login with account access using a pull down menu if all of the deeds/contracts are titled exactly the same. If they aren't, you will have separate logins.

:earsboy: Bill

Anytime you do anything with the one sign in that potentially affects points, you will have to select which contract to use. You will not be able to combine them online (may not may not on phone call) for any type of reservations. But you SHOULD be able to have one sign on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter