Closest Port Hotel?

DisneyMomforLife

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!

I've done some reading and searching and have an idea of the hotels that are in the area of the port in Cape Canaveral but can anyone tell me which is the CLOSEST hotel? I've seen that the Radisson is a few miles away and that Ron Jon is close, but are any others to consider?

Thanks all!

Kat

Many people are alsy trying the new Residence Inn by Marriot, I guess that is pretty close. Radisson is definately the closest, we have stayed three times and we love it. Great pool, and easy to get to our favorite restaurant at the port from their (Grills). Nice pool bar at Radisson also.

No bar at Residence Inn yet.

Tried to book Ron Jons one time, and they called me for one year afterward trying to get me to do their timeshare.

We, too, are trying to decide where to stay the night before. We thought about the Hilton at the airport, but would rather not have to pay $200 for the night. We're flying in and expect to arrive around 7:00 p.m., so I'm thinking that not having to rent a car or wait for a taxi/shuttle/bus and hassling with luggage may be worth the $200. ADVICE? (We already have the ground transfers for the Disney shuttle)

Looks like the Country Inn and Suites is about 3 to 4 weeks in opening up - Norm and I went by there yesterday and its really beginning to take shape - its looks can NOT compare to the Residence Inn or the Radisson, but I understand they will be catering to the cruisers as much as the Radisson so maybe the cost will be lower.
anyhow will keep all posted
much love
always
Shirley

Would it be possible to see the Magic from the Residence Inn if we were on the "right" side of the hotel. We are staying there prior to our cruise in September and i would love for the kids to see the ship upon waking up.

Heyentah said:
We, too, are trying to decide where to stay the night before. We thought about the Hilton at the airport, but would rather not have to pay $200 for the night. We're flying in and expect to arrive around 7:00 p.m., so I'm thinking that not having to rent a car or wait for a taxi/shuttle/bus and hassling with luggage may be worth the $200. ADVICE? (We already have the ground transfers for the Disney shuttle)

I booked a room at the Hyatt at the Airport thru DU for an even $175 (and that's with 3 adults in the room, for 10/21/06). The convenience is worth it for us. You get in from the flight and just go upstairs and check in and you leave your luggage outside your room the morning you leave for the cruise and the hotel takes care of it to get it on the DCL bus. They have a special arrangement with DCL. I understand they even have their own DCL buses. HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter