(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure it is here somewhere, but does someone readily have the link to the movie schedule for the WL.

Thanks for the great info. We are checking in to a one bedroom Villa at WL in 16 days.
I love that you had a picture of the boat with its closing time. I was starting to worry about how we where going to get back to WL for dinner at California Grill our first night. hopefully dinner won't take over 2 hours and we will be fine taking the boat back.

Hi - add us to the list. We'll be there 8/26 - 9/1/12 for our first stay at WL and we are looking forward to a great time!

Quick question - I had posted earlier (on the last thread) about mail delivery. I had read perhaps here (or other posts) that one should use UPS or FedEx rather than USPS for packages (since the USPS items go to a central location and are then sorted and delivered to each hotel). However, if I do use USPS (I have a few things that I want to send down in one of the Flat Rate Priority boxes), how far in advance should I send the package (takes 2-3 days for delivery) so there is enough time for it to get to WL? Thanks!

3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 days to go & no resort changing anymore! Woo hoo!!

By the way, how close to a trip was your closest ever resort change??

I will be living vicariously through you on your vacation. Will you be able to check in & give us any pics or reports while you're there?

3 days to go & no resort changing anymore! Woo hoo!!

By the way, how close to a trip was your closest ever resort change??

I will be living vicariously through you on your vacation. Will you be able to check in & give us any pics or reports while you're there?

Ahem...I have changed the day before...HOWEVER, not to be outdone by Kook's check-in changeroo :rotfl2:

I do believe I have set a record for the longest stretch without a change (I hope I didn't just jinx myself)

I will be texting Kook pics...since I have an ancient phone :rotfl:

Hope she doesn't mind the midnight arrival text.....(JK, I'll wait until morning)

Just thought I'd wander by and say "howdy" to all my WL friends. Jeanette only 3 more days!!! :dance3: kook can you add me to the list? I'll be there Oct 20th & 21st for part of my crazy split stay trip! TARAPA maybe I'll run into you sitting in a rocker or out by the pool! It'll be so good to be "home". :cool1:

Our dates for the Log are September 18-29, first time to WL!

Looking forward to hearing all about the stays of those going before us to get us through the next 6 weeks.

Add me! Add me! Sept 15 - 19 at the lodge, the rest is at BWV.

There really are quite a few of us at the same time. That's exciting.

Right now we are booked in a club level deluxe room at the WL next summer. We can afford it, but are going back and forth over whether it is worth all that money (which could go towards a new vacation!) or not.

Our options are:
1. Stick with the deluxe room, the extra room will be great and allow our 3 year old to sleep while we watch tv and talk (he is the lightest sleeper ever. it's unbelievable.).

2. Book two adjoining rooms at WL and hope for a discount. If there isn't one, just keep one of the rooms.

3. Book a cabin at Ft. Wilderness or Poly. I'd need to be convinced on this one bc we don't remember the pool being nearly as great as the WL pool (we have pool time each afternoon) and we love the poly and know it has bigger rooms, but we really love the lodge!

Just thought I'd wander by and say "howdy" to all my WL friends. Jeanette only 3 more days!!! :dance3: kook can you add me to the list? I'll be there Oct 20th & 21st for part of my crazy split stay trip! TARAPA maybe I'll run into you sitting in a rocker or out by the pool! It'll be so good to be "home". :cool1:

Hi Linda! Yes we will have to make plans to meet up one day!

Here at WL
now and wish there was a bounce back in our room....is there a way to ask about an offer? I am loving every moment at WL and don't want to leave. If there was a bounce back, that would make it easier to handle.... ;)

You can call 8844 from your room :).

Right now we are booked in a club level deluxe room at the WL next summer. We can afford it, but are going back and forth over whether it is worth all that money (which could go towards a new vacation!) or not.

Our options are:
1. Stick with the deluxe room, the extra room will be great and allow our 3 year old to sleep while we watch tv and talk (he is the lightest sleeper ever. it's unbelievable.).

2. Book two adjoining rooms at WL and hope for a discount. If there isn't one, just keep one of the rooms.

3. Book a cabin at Ft. Wilderness or Poly. I'd need to be convinced on this one bc we don't remember the pool being nearly as great as the WL pool (we have pool time each afternoon) and we love the poly and know it has bigger rooms, but we really love the lodge!

We've never stayed in a deluxe room, but having researched them, they do provide quite a bit more space. With that said, if having the other room for your 3 year old to sleep is an important part of your trip, I would stick with it. The only issue I would have with 2 adjoining rooms (or did you mean connecting with a door between them that could be left open?) is they are not guaranteed and if it were me, I wouldn't want to take the chance of not getting them. We love the WL, but the Poly has a slight edge for us as the rooms are much larger and all rooms come with a daybed, which comes in handy for us with having 2 older teens. If the Poly really isn't an option for you if you really love the WL more, I'd stick with the deluxe room. Good luck :wizard:.

I'm Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry so late, can I use work as an excuse :hug:
You can always use work as an excuse:crazy2:. Thank you for coming over here - it's great having you anytime:goodvibes

Thank you for including me :hug:

:wave2:It wouldn't be the same without you!

OMG Kook....love the Log..."TaraPA (gets the bunk) PrincessAlways (gets the queen)....I am definitely taking pics of us in our respective beds to post when we get back!!! :rotfl2:
:worship: I love it and can't wait to see those photos, Tara. Your roomies have no idea what's in store for them:crowded:

Just stay away from the cupcakes. I don't want them to run out before I get there!
You mean, this one perhaps?

smores-cupcake1-350x372.jpg

WL looks so cool on Google Earth...

Anyone know how to do a screen capture then post it?
Those WDW overhead images are great. You can right click your mouse to "copy image address" and then post. I have one overhead image posted on the first page, but some others are copyrighted so I wouldn't post them.

Thanks for the new thread! 22 days until we are checking in at the WL! Can't wait!:cheer2:
My pleasure, WeCantWait and BTW, perfect screen name;)

Happy Sunday all!!

Wow, miss a day and we're already on page 6 ;).

Did some clothes shopping yesterday, Florida tax free day. Even though we don't have kids, we benefited by buying new things for us, lol. Lots of savings and sales.
Don't you wish you could use your AP everywhere? Hope to see you in one of your nifty, new outfits.

I'm in! We are going from 9/5-9/11!

I think this is a WONDERFUL idea!!!

If you start it up, please add TaraPA and PrincessAlways for 10/17-21!!!

Just thought I'd wander by and say "howdy" to all my WL friends. Jeanette only 3 more days!!! :dance3: kook can you add me to the list? I'll be there Oct 20th & 21st for part of my crazy split stay trip! TARAPA maybe I'll run into you sitting in a rocker or out by the pool! It'll be so good to be "home".

Our dates for the Log are September 18-29, first time to WL!

Looking forward to hearing all about the stays of those going before us to get us through the next 6 weeks.

You can post our stay, Sept 17th - 25th

I'd love to be added...September 22-30. Can't wait!

We are at WL aug. 18-28.
It seems there are a couple of us staying the same time.

Thanks, please add us.....8/27-9/4.

What fun!!!!!
Please include us on the log. We will be there CL from 9/8 until 9/15 and we are super exccited.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Please add us too...9/2-9/7 :thumbsup2

You can add me, too! We'll be there from 12/8 - 12/14.

please add us to the log too!! oct 25-30. counting the days!!:cool1:

Add me! Add me! Sept 15 - 19 at the lodge, the rest is at BWV.

There really are quite a few of us at the same time. That's exciting.

I'd love to be added to the log! DH and I will be at the WL Sept 29 - Oct 7, I'm so excited!!!!!!!!

The dark deed you have all requested has been done...
300px-James_B._Wilson.jpg

Here at WL
now and wish there was a bounce back in our room....is there a way to ask about an offer? I am loving every moment at WL and don't want to leave. If there was a bounce back, that would make it easier to handle....
To check if there is a current BB offer, call EXT 8844. This was from April:

IMG_0101_2.jpg
IMG_0100_2.jpg

3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You CAN keep this reservation!

Thanks Kook for the new thread!

Can you add me WL/CL October 26- November 2

You're welcome and it's great to have you 'home.'
Thanks for the great info. We are checking in to a one bedroom Villa at WL in 16 days.
I love that you had a picture of the boat with its closing time. I was starting to worry about how we where going to get back to WL for dinner at California Grill our first night. hopefully dinner won't take over 2 hours and we will be fine taking the boat back.
We have CA Grill booked our first night, too. I just love their sushi and those amazing views! Have you eaten there before?

Hi - add us to the list. We'll be there 8/26 - 9/1/12 for our first stay at WL and we are looking forward to a great time!

Quick question - I had posted earlier (on the last thread) about mail delivery. I had read perhaps here (or other posts) that one should use UPS or FedEx rather than USPS for packages (since the USPS items go to a central location and are then sorted and delivered to each hotel). However, if I do use USPS (I have a few things that I want to send down in one of the Flat Rate Priority boxes), how far in advance should I send the package (takes 2-3 days for delivery) so there is enough time for it to get to WL? Thanks!
The rule of thumb I have read for all resorts is to ship at least 7 days prior to your arrival date. Make sure your reservation number and dates are on the package. I hope you have a fantastic first stay!

Page 1 post 9...not that I am memorizing the thread or anything
Thank you!

Ahem...I have changed the day before...HOWEVER, not to be outdone by Kook's check-in changeroo

I do believe I have set a record for the longest stretch without a change (I hope I didn't just jinx myself)

I will be texting Kook pics...since I have an ancient phone

Hope she doesn't mind the midnight arrival text.....(JK, I'll wait until morning)
Do you really think I have my phone on then? Maybe you should email the photos to me so I can more easily upload them to PB for you. Oh, and stop jinxing yourself!

Oh come on, you had a big change when you checked-in to RPC with DH - they (involuntarily) moved you waaaaaay over to the YC:crutches:. At least you weren't near the bilge;)

I changed once during the trip!
Ooooo, do tellpopcorn::

Our options are:

Welcome to the thread!

1. Do you mind that your room won't be on the 7th floor where the lounge is located? The Deluxe rooms are located on floors 1-6 only. I think though that it would be great to have the sleeper sofa and TV area for your DS.

2. Are you booking two adjoining rooms for only 2 adults and one child? Do you need two bathrooms? This would be a nice choice if you needed to be on the CL floor, but each reservation would need to be in at least one adult's name.

3. A room at the Poly would have more square footage, but it wouldn't afford you anymore privacy than one STD room anywhere else. However, a FW Cabin would have a room with a door with a double bed and bunks and the Murphy bed is in the living room. But, both the Murphy bed and the bed in the bedroom are only doubles. There is also very little storage space/drawers in the cabin, but they are priced far less than a Deluxe room at WL, but of course, there are no CL amenities.

Have you also considered a one bedroom villa instead of a cabin? They have queen beds, a separate bedroom with whirlpool tub, a sleeper for your son in the living room, two TVs... The new AoA Family Suites also have a bedroom and two separate sleeping areas outside of the bedroom.

Let us know what you end up doing! Sorry if I've confused you more. I really like your Deluxe room idea - they are very nice with beautiful balconies and views, but I've never seen them discounted at WL:guilty:

Welcome to the thread!

1. Do you mind that your room won't be on the 7th floor where the lounge is located? The Deluxe rooms are located on floors 1-6 only. I think though that it would be great to have the sleeper sofa and TV area for your DS.

2. Are you booking two adjoining rooms for only 2 adults and one child? Do you need two bathrooms? This would be a nice choice if you needed to be on the CL floor, but each reservation would need to be in at least one adult's name.

3. A room at the Poly would have more square footage, but it wouldn't afford you anymore privacy than one STD room anywhere else. However, a FW Cabin would have a room with a door with a double bed and bunks and the Murphy bed is in the living room. But, both the Murphy bed and the bed in the bedroom are only doubles. There is also very little storage space/drawers in the cabin, but they are priced far less than a Deluxe room at WL, but of course, there are no CL amenities.

Have you also considered a one bedroom villa instead of a cabin? They have queen beds, a separate bedroom with whirlpool tub, a sleeper for your son in the living room, two TVs... The new AoA Family Suites also have a bedroom and two separate sleeping area outside of the bedroom.

Let us know what you end up doing! Sorry if I've confused you more. I really like your Deluxe room idea - they are very nice with beautiful balconies and views, but I've never seen them discounted at WL:guilty:

Thanks! We wouldn't mind not being on the 7th floor -- we stayed in a deluxe room a few years ago (a magical upgrade!) and the walk wasn't bad.

Cast members are giving me different stories about connecting (not adjoining, sorry!) rooms. One said that we would be guaranteed connecting since there is a minor and then another told me the opposite.

Good point about the Ft. Wilderness beds... that is out for us. My family will be staying there so we like the idea of WL being closer to Ft. Wilderness. We did look into the villas but they're not available yet and wouldn't save a ton over getting club level. DH and I definitely want to feel like we are on vacation too and able to enjoy the time after our DS goes to bed, but the $1600-$2000 savings for a non-deluxe room is just looming over us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter