(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
FastPass+ is being tested at Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom now through February 28. During this test phase, randomly selected guests at Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary resorts will receive a FastPass+ card for a specified arrival window for lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant. Guests who arrive at the restaurant during their FastPass+ time will be able to take advantage of an expedited order and payment process. This opportunity is available by invitation only and participants must have valid theme park admission.

That would have been nice a few weeks ago when I was there :rolleyes:

meredith1 said:
I got a two bedroom direct MK view room via cash ressie at the 11 month mark. If I go to look it up now for the first week of Dec, there is only a lake view available but, that is good at this point. There hasn't been a two bedroom showing up until today for the last two or three weeks.

I know for BWV they only sell garden/pool view for cash and I thought someone had mentioned it was only Lake for BLT on theDVC boards. But since BLT isn't officially sold out that gives more options to CRO. But generally cash rooms exist when members trade out for cruises or other non DVC resort stays. There is no guarantee of how many cash rooms there will be.

There are some photos posted of the rehabbed rooms at the CR on touring plans. Not to sure if I like the hallway carpets, looks like fried eggs to me.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/02/27/refurbished-rooms-at-disneys-contemporary-resort/
Thank you so much for posting the link, crazy4wdw! It's great to be able to see the before/after. I'm going to post your link to the first page.

Egad! Who designed the fried egg carpet? Other than that, not bad. Though, I also see a couple fried eggs on the bed.

Thank you!!! Yeah I don't like the carpets at all!!!! I don't really care for the new drapes either :sad2:
I am with you both. And those pancake/butter pat pillows aren't even really usable:confused3

:sad2::guilty::crazy2: This is me looking at the new decor.

Why are there H's on the bed runner or are they I's?

Why can't we see out the drapes anymore at the gorgeous Bay Lake/MK views?

Where did the orange bowl on the glass table go that I always kept our receipts, purchases, etc... in?

The scrambled egg carpeting screams... food court! or maybe Dennys!

Daybed and room carpeting looks fine.

Thank you so much for posting the link, crazy4wdw! It's great to be able to see the before/after. I'm going to post your link to the first page.

I am with you both. And those pancake/butter pat pillows aren't even really usable:confused3

Where did the orange bowl on the glass table go that I always kept our receipts, purchases, etc... in?

I don't get the geometric H's at all, either. Maybe if they were geometric Cs it would make sense.

I'm with you on the drapes, too. Weird to block the view like that.

Maybe the fried eggs on the carpet is a subliminal attempt to get you to spend more money at breakfast at Chef Mickey's or Contempo Cafe?

If you click on the detailed pics, the butter pat pillows (love that description :thumbsup2) have pencil drawn mickeys on them -- that is a nice visual touch, even if the functionality is lacking.

KOOK - I didnt even notice the bowl was gone until you said something. That is our electronics bowl :sad1: Oh and the butter pat pillows, I just see the chocolate gelt coins I get the kids for Hanukkah :rotfl:

I have to say I am happy I did not get a refurb'd room a few weeks ago :rolleyes: Which ever group of imagineers picked this stuff out needs to be reassigned. Don't get me wrong, none of this will deter me from staying there again, but it is disappointing. :sad2:

Melissa

I was thinking the same thing when I looked at the pictures. That bowl was one of the most user-friendly aspects of the room. It would seem that Disney's designers never stay in their resort rooms with a family. The lack of drawer space in the Contemporary and the flat sinks in the bathroom are evidence they don't use the product they're designing. Of all things to tinker with in those rooms, the color scheme and the curtains were not the problem. Nor was the storage bowl. How about finding a fix for the sinks? Or put in another chest of drawers?

It's this kind of thinking which produces Stitch's Great Escape and the (short-lived) Stitch's Dance Party.

Still, I don't care if the room looks like a warmed over Hilton with an odd breakfast food motif, I agree with a previous poster who said as long as we can see the MK from our balcony, we'll continue staying at the Contemporary.

GO ILLINI!! WOOOOO :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:
:rotfl:
Hey, I grew-up in Indiana so.....

I think that is the ugliest carpet I have ever seen! Totally looks like fried eggs!
Yesiree! Now this is running through my head...
2739-3-green-eggs-ham-dr.-seuss-lite.jpg

I don't get the geometric H's at all, either. Maybe if they were geometric Cs it would make sense.

I'm with you on the drapes, too. Weird to block the view like that.

Maybe the fried eggs on the carpet is a subliminal attempt to get you to spend more money at breakfast at Chef Mickey's or Contempo Cafe?

If you click on the detailed pics, the butter pat pillows (love that description :thumbsup2) have pencil drawn mickeys on them -- that is a nice visual touch, even if the functionality is lacking.
Yes, at least there's a butter pat Hidden Mickey. I couldn't make out a discernible pattern on the room carpeting so maybe a HM is lurking there or more egg (fertility?) symbols?

IDK about the subliminal message since I'm thinking that after one or two times walking down the hallway I'll never want an egg again! What about if you have high cholesterol or are allergic? Do you really want to be subjected to a constant reminder that you can't eat eggs? I can see the lawyers now...

KOOK - I didnt even notice the bowl was gone until you said something. That is our electronics bowl :sad1: Oh and the butter pat pillows, I just see the chocolate gelt coins I get the kids for Hanukkah :rotfl:

I have to say I am happy I did not get a refurb'd room a few weeks ago :rolleyes: Which ever group of imagineers picked this stuff out needs to be reassigned. Don't get me wrong, none of this will deter me from staying there again, but it is disappointing. :sad2:

Melissa
I wonder, too. Whose the suit who approved this? Is he a Tyson employee? Or does he want us all to book BLT instead:scratchin

I'm glad you didn't have a rehabbed hallway either. My DD and DH probably would have commented on it every time we walked on it - not that I wouldn't have:rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings about the rooms.

What happened to the headboard? The old one was plain, but is there even a new one to replace it?

The 'butter pat' pillows look like they will make great indoor frisbees.

The window shades are interesting. The cutouts look like the shape of CR, so that's kinda cool. But I do agree with others that they block too much of the view (and that's what my family pays for)

I don't immediately dislike the fried egg carpet. I think I will have to hold off judgement of that till I see it in person.

What happened to the headboard? The old one was plain, but is there even a new one to replace it?

The window shades are interesting. The cutouts look like the shape of CR, so that's kinda cool. But I do agree with others that they block too much of the view (and that's what my family pays for)

I don't immediately dislike the fried egg carpet. I think I will have to hold off judgement of that till I see it in person.
The headboard is just monochromatic now and flat with the same piece of wood at the bottom.

So true about the butter pat pillows becoming projectiles! They'll be flying off the balconies.

I feel like they must be expecting some pretty bad carpet stains what with this crazy pattern - it should camouflage everything, especially all those spilled eggs.

FastPass+ is being tested at Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom now through February 28. During this test phase, randomly selected guests at Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary resorts will receive a FastPass+ card for a specified arrival window for lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant. Guests who arrive at the restaurant during their FastPass+ time will be able to take advantage of an expedited order and payment process. This opportunity is available by invitation only and participants must have valid theme park admission.

That would have been nice a few weeks ago when I was there :rolleyes:

Didn't hear of anyone on CL who got this perk...we were there 21-26 Feb

There are some photos posted of the rehabbed rooms at the CR on touring plans. Not to sure if I like the hallway carpets, looks like fried eggs to me.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/02/27/refurbished-rooms-at-disneys-contemporary-resort/

Deep breath everyone....things do look different in person. We didn't think that it looks that bad in person...is it our look ? ...no...we are more classic dark wood folks but remember this is the CR so you are going to get as DH calls it "artsy fartsy" look.:rotfl: we don't pick our hotels based on decor and bought at BLT based on location.

Thank you!!! Yeah I don't like the carpets at all!!!! I don't really care for the new drapes either :sad2:

Drapes actually do compliment the whole room...taken as a whole look not bad...even after lots of wine !;)

Thank you so much for posting the link, crazy4wdw! It's great to be able to see the before/after. I'm going to post your link to the first page

I am with you both. And those pancake/butter pat pillows aren't even really usable:confused

I was thinking the same thing when I looked at the pictures. That bowl was one of the most user-friendly aspects of the room. It would seem that Disney's designers never stay in their resort rooms with a family. The lack of drawer space in the Contemporary and the flat sinks in the bathroom are evidence they don't use the product they're designing. Of all things to tinker with in those rooms, the color scheme and the curtains were not the problem. Nor was the storage bowl. How about finding a fix for the sinks? Or put in another chest of drawers?

It's this kind of thinking which produces Stitch's Great Escape and the (short-lived) Stitch's Dance Party.

Still, I don't care if the room looks like a warmed over Hilton with an odd breakfast food motif, I agree with a previous poster who said as long as we can see the MK from our balcony, we'll continue staying at the Contemporary.

Our room had four pillows and only one with Mickey's face. Don't think they are really functional but as our interior designer said "some things are for function and some are for decoration ". There is a decorative small plate for keys etc. When we left it looked like they were down on the 8th floor.

And...I forgot pics of the CL lounge on 12th floor...just gonna blame it on all the lactic acid build up in my legs from the half marathon. Sooooo happy DH and I finished with a good time but really could have used a massage :dance3:

I have to wonder about David's. You only needed 70 pts and he couldn't get that for you? We needed 230 pts, had our app and deposit into him about 12 months prior and he wasn't able to secure those either. I wonder if people just aren't wanting to do away with their points?

I understand our situation but, only 70 pts-wow.

There seems to be either a drop in supply or a rise in demand for points. David's site is currently offering $11 per point to owners where the rate is normally $10. They are clearly having trouble filling orders right now, but so far they have not raised their rate to renters (still $13).

I've been wondering how long it would take for the going rates to start creeping up.

There seems to be either a drop in supply or a rise in demand for points. David's site is currently offering $11 per point to owners where the rate is normally $10. They are clearly having trouble filling orders right now, but so far they have not raised their rate to renters (still $13).

I've been wondering how long it would take for the going rates to start creeping up.

I agree -- there are so many factors involved that effect inventory. He can only fulfill requests if owners contract with him. It also depends on resort -- some resorts are more popular than others. Every time I have rented my AKV points with him, I had a request the same day. Lucky for me, AKV appears to be a popular rental resort. For the past couple of years, I've been renting out some of my AKV points and paying for a DCL cruise with cash. (Disney is getting my money either way....LOL.)

Good luck with your BLT rental -- hang in there, hopefully it'll come through soon.

From now through the beginning of March, Walt Disney World will be upgrading its complimentary Wi-Fi internet service at the resorts, Downtown Disney and in the theme parks. As a result, there may be brief service interruptions, of only five minutes' duration at any given time or location. Note that Wi-Fi is not available at Walt Disney World water park and miniature golf locations, or while on Walt Disney World transportation.

Please, please, PLEASE let me get selected for the BOG FP+ in September. So far, it is really my only "want to do" item for our week there. And I keep hearing horror storied about people calling and getting shut out from all dinner reservations! I'm hoping to do both a lunch one day and a dinner another. Here's hoping!

I have a BLT ressie that I attempted to book through David's at the 11 month mark. He didn't have the points when the booking time came. But he was able to place it about two weeks later so hang in there! Crossing my fingers for you! Paid cash last year for BLT and it was worth every penny. Can't wait to go back. Seriously. Can't wait. How in the heck am I supposed to wait. Oh good idea, I'll get in on the remodel "what the heck is up with that AWFUL fried egg carpet?" discussion. Seriously, that is hideous. But funny in a strange way......

RapunzelsGoodMom said:
Please, please, PLEASE let me get selected for the BOG FP+ in September. So far, it is really my only "want to do" item for our week there. And I keep hearing horror storied about people calling and getting shut out from all dinner reservations! I'm hoping to do both a lunch one day and a dinner another. Here's hoping!

I have a BLT ressie that I attempted to book through David's at the 11 month mark. He didn't have the points when the booking time came. But he was able to place it about two weeks later so hang in there! Crossing my fingers for you! Paid cash last year for BLT and it was worth every penny. Can't wait to go back. Seriously. Can't wait. How in the heck am I supposed to wait. Oh good idea, I'll get in on the remodel "what the heck is up with that AWFUL fried egg carpet?" discussion. Seriously, that is hideous. But funny in a strange way......

So far, it looks like FP+ will be for lunch only at BOG. Start trying for your dinner ADR at 6am on the first morning of your 180+10 and you should be able to get it. September isn't a particularly busy time in the World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter