(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I just asked about this at the Boardwalk, I gotta ask: What does that post mean? I don't get it.

Since WDW rarely enforces its dress code (except at V&A's), those who know little about proper attire in a food service area get away with looking like the "Walking Dead"...and barefeet walking on fruit loops isn't an appetizing site.

All the best. :thumbsup2

So I apologize if this has been answered- but does anyone in fact know when the refurbishment will be complete? We're staying next month, and I think it was initially supposed to be complete by our arrival date. I'm completely confused about what type of room to request- at this rate I'll have a list of requests!

We finally have had our point rental request granted! We are officially booked in for our September honeymoon! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
So excited!

Can't wait to post pictures of the BWI when we are there is just a couple of days!! Weather is looking good :cool1:

Finally going back to BWV, just DH and I, for a quick anniversary trip March 5-9 2015:love: We love it there and haven't stayed since 2012. Very excited:yay:

I need to add a BWV countdown 'cause we are going next April! :yay: I'm so excited. True Confession - I booked a 1BR Standard as soon as I could and eased the DH into it. Now we have the airfare so it's legit!

So in our quest to try almost every resort at wdw (we don't like the values so we won't stay there again).

It's the Broadwalk's turn.

I pretty excited. We're staying in the villas and since it's a mini family vacation we'll be there for 9 days.

YOUR NEW AND IMPROVED BWI/BWV THREAD HAS BEEN POSTED HERE. The BoardWalk Bulletin, activity calendar and links to all the chapters are in POST 1.

PLEASE DO NOT POST TO THIS THREAD AS IT WILL SOON BE CLOSED.

I HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE NEW THREAD:teleport:

Hi all! We're back from a fantastic stay at BWI. I'm planning to post a little bit about our stay and some pictures but in the meantime I know some people were asking about the rehab sitch so I wanted to post a couple of pictures of the 3rd floor. If you come off the elevator and go to the left this is what you'll see:

IMG_1883_zpsa80e79d4.jpg

IMG_1881_zps50987301.jpg

Seems like that whole wing is blocked off for work.

We were down the other end of the hall in a beautifully renovated waterview room. Didn't hear any construction noise where we were. I thought the decor looked much better in person than what I saw in pictures so that was a happy surprise. I really like the stylish/modern updates to the bathroom area.

The only time we noticed the construction was when we ventured down to the elevators, then we saw workers coming out with furniture, demo debris, etc. HTH
Thank you for the update and photos.

Table of four twenty-somethings at Innkeeper's this morning, one with barefeet and a bathrobe. Duh!
I've never understood this behavior, but I hope you're having a lovely time despite this.

Since WDW rarely enforces its dress code (except at V&A's), those who know little about proper attire in a food service area get away with looking like the "Walking Dead"...and barefeet walking on fruit loops isn't an appetizing site.

All the best. :thumbsup2
I've only seen this consistently enforced at WL-CL. State law and common sense dictate that footwear be worn into lounge areas, but most CLs don't enforce this rule.

So I apologize if this has been answered- but does anyone in fact know when the refurbishment will be complete? We're staying next month, and I think it was initially supposed to be complete by our arrival date. I'm completely confused about what type of room to request- at this rate I'll have a list of requests!
No new end date has been publicized.

We finally have had our point rental request granted! We are officially booked in for our September honeymoon! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
So excited!
Congratulations!

Can't wait to post pictures of the BWI when we are there is just a couple of days!! Weather is looking good :cool1:
I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Finally going back to BWV, just DH and I, for a quick anniversary trip March 5-9 2015:love: We love it there and haven't stayed since 2012. Very excited:yay:
I'll add your dates to POST 1 of the new thread.

I need to add a BWV countdown 'cause we are going next April! :yay: I'm so excited. True Confession - I booked a 1BR Standard as soon as I could and eased the DH into it. Now we have the airfare so it's legit!
Oooo very sneaky, but it worked:thumbsup2

So in our quest to try almost every resort at wdw (we don't like the values so we won't stay there again).

It's the Broadwalk's turn.

I pretty excited. We're staying in the villas and since it's a mini family vacation we'll be there for 9 days.
Yippee and let the planning begin!

Hello

Thinking of staying here for 3 nights, but I am curious as to what people want if the want a quick service breakfast, like say Contempo Café at the CR, or Roaring Forks at WL.

Apart from the Bakery I can't see such a venue, unless I am missing something?

Many thanks

Kevin

YOUR NEW AND IMPROVED BWI/BWV THREAD HAS BEEN POSTED HERE. The BoardWalk Bulletin, activity calendar and links to all the chapters are in POST 1.

PLEASE DO NOT POST TO THIS THREAD AS IT WILL SOON BE CLOSED.

I HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE NEW THREAD:teleport:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter