Close To Elevator On Fantasy MV!!!!

nannylori

Mouseketeer
I am only two cabins away from the elevator on Deck 7 on the Fantasy MV. I've never been that close on a cruise. Was anyone that close to the elevators on the Dream? How much noise will the cabin block out???:confused3

Have you checked out the Stateroom report's in the FAQ sticky for your Stateroom or another one nearby?

You might put your mind at ease as everyone's level of noise is subjective!

Ex Techie :)

I wouldnt worry too much. Weve been close to elevators before and never had an issue. Were a few rooms closer then you on the same trip and seeing how its the foward elevator that doesnt get as much traffic as the midships, Im not expecting much of anything.

We like being near the elevator. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

- Dreams

Thank-you both so much!
I never thought about how being so far forward would make a difference. It's true, that the mid-ship elevators are usually the most used-thanks for brushing off my brain dust on that one.
I never thought about stateroom reports-I'll check the Dream reports as the Fantasy is supposed to be almost identical,right?
Thanks again!!:lovestruc

The elevators open away from the rooms and you really don't hear the elevator or the crowd. WE had room 10532 right by foreward elevators and never heard anything from there.

Apart from the venue's and decoration's, yep she will be very similar!
Construction wise, unless they found any major defect's that have shown up on the Dream, they will have already been addressed on the Fantasy so hopefully your cruise will be better than the first cruise on the Dream!

Hope you have a absolutely Fantastic cruise!

We've been in cabin 6560 on the Magic, which if you look at the deck plan looks like it is pretty much IN the midship elevator lobby. We loved it, sooo convenient and no noisier than usual. We actually booked it again but ended up getting upgraded that cruise.

We've been in cabin 6560 on the Magic, which if you look at the deck plan looks like it is pretty much IN the midship elevator lobby. We loved it, sooo convenient and no noisier than usual. We actually booked it again but ended up getting upgraded that cruise.

I think the OP is asking about the Fantasy.
Magic report's do not compare unfortunately.

I think the OP is asking about the Fantasy.
Magic report's do not compare unfortunately.

Thanks for the correction, but I didn't fail to read the post. I was simply relating a "close to the elevator lobby" experience that the OP might find pertinent. Have you heard that the elevator lobbies are more noisy on the Dream?

Thanks for the correction, but I didn't fail to read the post. I was simply relating a "close to the elevator lobby" experience that the OP might find pertinent. Have you heard that the elevator lobbies are more noisy on the Dream?

I hadn't, but I still can't see how your post about the Stateroom on the Magic being near to the elevators and "no noiser than usual" relates to the Fantasy, and even less so relevant to the Dream's elevator lobbies being "more noisy" as per your second post in reference to mine?

We loved it, sooo convenient and no noisier than usual

Have you heard that the elevator lobbies are more noisy on the Dream?

They seem to be contradictory if you want to compare the Magic to the Fantasy even though they are very different ships?

Ex Techie :confused3

Do the elevators on the Disney ships "ping" as they arrive on each floor? Can't say that I've ever paid attention to them, but last fall we sailed with another cruise line, and our room was near an elevator. DH didn't hear it but it kept me awake late into the night, and kept me from sleeping once the early risers started using the elevators in the morning.

We were in 7080 on the Dream last week which is just one door down from the levator lobby.
I was very worried about it being possibly noisy but except for pirate night we didn't hear anything from the halls. It was very calm and convenient.
We didn't even experience the full midship elevators everybody is talking about, whenever we wanted to use the elevators, they were available.

We are near elevators on Fantasy and we chose to be, on the Magic we were two doors down from forward elevators and loved finding our room easily, I hate walking those long corridors bc I get claustrophobic, and absolutely yes, it does not matter which ship...the design is the same you are still only 15-20 feet from an elevator and can speak to the noise which we heard None! :)

We always try to get our cabin as close to the main elevator as possible and have only had 1 situation where we heard noise. The location is just SO convenient.

We were in 5552 on the Dream which is literally right beside the elevators - in fact our cabin shared a wall with the forward elevator bank so I don't think you could get any closer.

There was no noticable noise from the actual elevators. There was some noise from people though - especially just before each dinner seating (it seemed like everyone down our hallway had early seating and there was often some loud talking, and running before early dinner service every night on both legs of our back to back and they all had to pass by our room to get to the elevator). But actual elevator noise - there was none.

My friend was right near the elevator on her Dream cruise in December and was concerned but said they didn't hear a thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter