CLOSE hotels.. i mean motels...

I really like the Fairfield Inn. It’s an 8 minute walk for me. The rooms have been remodeled recently. I really like that the sink is separate from the shower and toilet. The lobby area is cute and the staff are very friendly. Panera and McDonald’s are very close. The only negative here for me is that the outdoor hallways can be loud. I use a white noise app when staying here and that helps a lot.
We’ve stayed at CCI too. I like the Premium rooms. They are a bit bigger and they bring your continental breakfast to your room. The hotel itself has some charm. The pool area is small but cute. I prefer the FFI because it’s about 2 minutes closer. Rooms are newer as well.

My husband has bad knees (The Few. The Proud. The Marines).

We also had a 5 year old.
We stayed at the hojo and by our last night husband was prettt sore. But they have a great hot tub that faces the awesome kids water play ground so we just soaked while kiddo played.

We are going Sans kid in November and are staying at the best western park place. If we were going with kids aagain we would chose hojo again though because of the awesome pool and water playground.

We just booked for the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. $150 a night, big two queen room with a seperate living area, fridge and microwave. New hotel, free breakfast and an 8 minute walk to the park. Enforced quiet hours of 10pm to 7am, indoor hallways. It was a no brainer for my husband and I.

We stayed at The Anaheim in Sept. lobby and rooms were recently refurbed. Great pizza place off lobby. Price was good. We just got a standard 2 queen room. Nothing fancy, but clean. Huge pool, and good walking distance.
Great service. When we arrived I had a problem with the safe and AC. Phoned front desk and within minutes someone was up fixing it.

You have many great suggestions as to where to stay. The closer to that crosswalk, the better you will be at the end of the night. (Your feet will thank you). For my dh (knees and feet surgeries), I always bring a big bottle of Ibuprofen and make sure he takes some before we leave the room in the morning, and some when we head back to the parks in the late afternoon. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great trip!

FWIW... we've stayed at the Desert Inn.. Nothing special but it is it is close by. As for the stroller, well it might be because where we are from kids start full time school at 5, but strollers for 6 year olds seem odd! ( kids often walk to school and no one at that age would be seen dead in a stroller!:rotfl2: )I can see there are some great reasons for them, and they may well suit certain kids, but using one when my kids were that age never crossed my mind. (FWIW they were absolutely fine walking.) So not using one is an option to consider.:flower1:

If your kiddo loves to swim, I’d skip Desert Inn. Time in the hotel pool is really important for my kids and that was disappointing for them when we stayed there-it’s been a few years so it may have changed, but it was pretty awful when we were there.

I'm old, and my needs differ from most people's. I need clean, and I need comfortable. I haven't stayed at DIS in 10 years because it no longer met those needs once I added comfort (those beds and bedding were hard and uncomfortable and the pool is GROSS.) My preference is Candy Cane. Shuttle runs on time, rooms are comfy, beds and bedding are fantastic. Also the shuttle runs on the hour and half to the park and on the 15 adn 45 back to the hotel. I love that it is ON TIME, so you know at 1:32 you have missed it or at 1:43 it will be there in a minute.

... My preference is Candy Cane. Shuttle runs on time, rooms are comfy, beds and bedding are fantastic. Also the shuttle runs on the hour and half to the park and on the 15 adn 45 back to the hotel. I love that it is ON TIME, so you know at 1:32 you have missed it or at 1:43 it will be there in a minute.

Add to that: courteous, helpful drivers! The drivers help my older parents into and out of the shuttle every time. Very much appreciated.

Last edited:
We just booked for the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. $150 a night, big two queen room with a seperate living area, fridge and microwave. New hotel, free breakfast and an 8 minute walk to the park. Enforced quiet hours of 10pm to 7am, indoor hallways. It was a no brainer for my husband and I.

I've been looking at this one, but Google Maps and Hotels.com says 14-20 min walk to the parks. Can anyone who's stayed here comment?

Also interested in this thread...whats your favorite place that sleeps 6, decent pool and shortish walking distance on a mediocre budget?

We did Candy Cane and found the shuttles to be super consistent (and friendly!) We didn't use them though because the walk isn't far at all (and since you don't have to cross any major streets, super easy with kids).

I was massively pregnant when we went and had no issue with the walk so I bet your husband would be fine, bad knee and all. It also helps that it's the "first" hotel you come to if you're walking on that side, so it feels really close in that sense.

Also interested in this thread...whats your favorite place that sleeps 6, decent pool and shortish walking distance on a mediocre budget?
We did the 1 bedroom family suite at Camelot. We were a party of 6 adults, 1 child and it was quite comfortable and plenty spacious. The pool is on the 4th floor with a great view of DL. Not a big pool (or hot tub for that matter) but it does the job. :) Walking distance is super close and McDs is right next door.

For that group on a budget I’d probably try desert inn & suites.

Also Camelot inn.

We stay at HomeWood suites but it’s expensive under a week.

I think park vue inn or Tropicana have bigger suites but I’m not sure. Hyatt house or Spring Hill Suites convention center May be options.

We stayed at the park vue las summer and it was great. The breakfast was good, it was quiet p, the wifi worked well and close. Heading down today and sad that we couldn’t get a room there. It will be out go to from now on.

Planning our summer trip and I have a just turned 6 year old who is distraught at the idea of his first non stroller trip :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 . I also have a 30 year old husband whose knees have seen better days (and those days were in high school football). Friday Night Lights y'all, those back room knee injections are real.

All that said, I'm really only interested in the hotels directly across from the Harbor entrance or very close to it.

The Desert Inn has peaked my interest due to the price. Has anyone stayed there recently? Is it decent enough? I really only ask that it is clean. It is about $300 less than the Best Western Anaheim Inn, which was another option I was looking at and my current favorite (not considering price).

Would like a continental breakfast but its not a deal breaker.

We've done the Best Western Park Place and were happy with it.

Also, in the running are Grand Legacy (but that live music thing sounds horrible), Park Vue, Tropicana, Camelot, and Candy Cane (with the bus option).

Give me all the opinions! Am I missing a hidden gem? Should I park anything off my list for good?

Park Vue Inn! Without a doubt.
Directly across the street (you can't get more direct across the street then this place).
Free hot breakfast which is actually good.
Rooms are clean and comfortable. And staff are super friendly!

They do offer AAA rates if you call.

We were fine at DI&S last visit. Very basic but clean and spacious. We don’t use pools anymore, however, but it was inside which seems not great in my opinion. Camelot’s pool is fine, it’s small, but it’s several stories up, and you can watch the fireworks from the pool area. My kids enjoyed Camelot’s pool when they were younger.

We like the Desert Inn. Rooms are fine and clean, breakfast is passable. The walk is amazing!

I agree about the Grand Legacy. The last trip we stayed at Ramada Plaza (due to price) and even across Harbor (we didn't cross the street until Disney Way) the music from the Grand Legacy was loud and ran late. I sure wouldn't want to stay there now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter