• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clones and Questing

Do you think Clones should be allowed to do q-button quests? (like Pirate Quest)

• Yes!

• No way!

• As long as they don't the prizes to main account.

• Clones?!?

Results are only viewable after voting.
If a person has a clone and plays it, why should that bother other people? Not like vmk is going to run out of the virtual prize there offering. I had clones and Played them everyday. they had friends, and built rooms, and went on quests. Why are clones looked upon as a evil thing? Vmk had server issues, so can't use the excuse, the clones caused it.

In my opinion, what does it matter if they do? Big deal. They are earning every item from the quests fair and square. VMK is closing, what are they going to do with 52,000 credits. Buy a kiosk and give the rest of the remains to their main account? Wow. If people are complaining that they are cheating, they are not seeing the fact that, they too, can do the quest multiple times. I don't want to sound mean here, sorry if I do. I just feel it's pretty dumb to say that's cheating. (if you did say it was heh)

Edit: herder, you are definetley right. The people I see in VMK with the most items, are usually the ones busy most of the time playing games, and trading.

Since Disney allows it, I would have to say that clones are OK.

But how many? One, two, or three doesn't sound like a problem to me.

On the other hand, I think that the people that have ten or fifteen clones are abusing the system. They're preventing single players from getting through the host games, and by transfering inventory and credits on such a massive scale they have skewed the playing field for the majority of players.

On the other hand, I think that the people that have ten or fifteen clones are abusing the system. They're preventing single players from getting through the host games, and by transfering inventory and credits on such a massive scale they have skewed the playing field for the majority of players.

:thumbsup2

How does someone going throught the q button quest multiple times affect anyone? You arent taking away from anyone by doing it multiple times. And like cat_herder said they are pixels on a screen.

I think you just need to use some common sense. Any quest that you start by going to a Quest Kiosk has a limited number of prizes. Let every one have a chance and don't mule it.

On the Q button quests, sometimes you shouldn't mule them either. When there are lines to get into any of the rooms required for the quest then I don't think you should mule it. Blackheart's first quest is an excellent example. It was all some people could do to finish it one time and they sometimes they had to wait 30 minutes or more to get into the pirate lobby.

I decided not to mule the second Blackheart quest this weekend. I did run four accounts through the green quest because it was easy, fairly late in the day and there were no backups on any of the tasks. I needed some of those pieces for a room I'm building and they've never been offered for sale.

It's pretty simple... don't be greedy! :thumbsup2

How?

I have a total of 22 current characters. I've been wanted to weed some of them out, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
But, I don't use them for host rooms and I don't use them to do personal quests multiple times.
How can you transfer credits from a "mule" to your main character? It's a waste and kinda dumb to buy stuff, trade it to you main and sell it for credits. You're losing credits that way. It's also a waste to buy a kiosk at 30K to trade credits over.
I play my mules fairly regularly and increase their credits. All but about 4 of them even have the tomorrowland quest pins. A few even have their own clothes, pins, furniture, rooms and friends. Most of them I've have for more than a year. Many of them I've had almost then entire time I've beenn playing.

I don't think I've skewed anything. I only got Inferno after it went to the DMR program. There's still quite a few things that I don't have at all. And many more that I only have 1 or maybe 2 of. I have given away things to strangers (and DISers) many times. Especially if I have a lot of something.

I've worked very hard for the last 2.5 year to get what I have. I have not cheated nor scammed anyone out of anything. I've used my own judgement on being fair to others.

I don't think that anyone should judge anyone based on how many characters they play.

It's been said already, but I have to second, or third, or tenth it. Everybody who finishes the quest gets the prize when it's a Q button quest. No one is actually losing out if someone does it on 15 or 50 different characters. Between me and my fiance, we have six characters and I do Q button quests on a MINIMUM of two characters (my main and my fiance's main). I rarely do quests on all six, but a lot of times, I'll do it on three or four. Do you all still get your prizes even though I've done the quest multiple times? Yes, you do.

I took the time to go through all the tasks repeatedly, sometimes taking hours, so I think that work deserves the prizes the quest gives. The same goes for anyone who has the patience to run multiple characters through the quests.

Just to give some history about clones. When VMK started, credit payout was not that great. Think how Ned pays now, that was on average what your pay was and you depended on your daily NPC's and such. If you were skilled in Fireworks you had a chance, to earn more, but still not that great. Pirates, still pay was not that reasonable. Mansion did not come out until December, 2005. Then we were in the money.

But until Mansion, the really only way at that time to earn credits to build was to create clones and utilize the codes that gave you points. With each clone you could obtain 2500 credits. So while I was on board during Beta, my shopping choices were more about clothes then furnishings. By the time I decided I wanted to build, was late August, beta items gone and creating characters "clones, done.key, mules" to fund my building started.

In addition, if only male clothing came out, I needed a male clone. I had a character to hold my extra clothing and extra pins since trading was so laggy if you maintained alot of inventory on your main.

My daughter and I used two this weekend to help people quest. Why, because our friends lists are full and people needed a quick add friends. My daughter worked the mine to help people get through to end the quest. In addition, we also were able to help with people to get through pirates.

So with cteddiesgirl, I have grown attached to my clones.

I believe they shouldn't be able to do quest since its just like cheating, I'm sure alot of people here use clones and that's the main reason there voting yes since they don't want to face the facts there cheating and using other accounts to gain items and no it's not "EARNING" it because guess what you have done the quest you know all the answers and the steps! It's not fair to people with just one vmk account. I have about 4 mules and I never once used them to gain items for my use, I understand if you give the stuff away but if you keep it to trade your just plain GREEDY. In my ranking they fit next to scammers if they keep the stuff for themselves.

I don't understand why ppl think muling is "cheating"
Anyone can have mules, Yavn even said in a newsletter once it was "OK" to have more than one character as long as you didn't get carried away.

I don't feel like I am "Cheating" you can make more than one character as well..if you choose not too than that is your perogative but cheating to me means having an unfair advantage...this is not the case here you just CHOOSE not to use mules.

Now..I will NOT use a mule on a host game or event because personally I do not think it is fair to hog all the host time and prizes..but on a Q button quest??? HECK YEA!

I guess you Dis peeps will know why I have so many more 5* magics in the near future ... :rolleyes1

I agree that you shouldn't clog up Host Games, but Q button? There is no line for a Q

And you do have to work for the extra prizes. Each Blackheart Gold quest takes about 20 minutes

And it's not FAIR to people with one account? You can make mules just like we can!

Taking into consideration that we have 4 more weeks to play, I think instead of arguing and getting wound up over what is okay and what isn't and who has advantage and who doesn't, everybody should enjoy what little bit is left of the game. :)

Side note: Some of the people who complain about this kind of stuff have more sparrow, firewalls, minnie hats and pirate Q than I have ever seen. @_@ Talk about the playing field not being even. LOL

Yavn said it's okay, as long as you don't get carried away- I don't know the exact quote, but he was really vague. I think most people would have a different definition of what "carried away" might be, and their own ethics for using mules. I've seen lots of discussions about this type of thing and it just makes people get really defensive about their gameplay.

It's pretty interesting to see how people handle their mules- I watched one guy do a trade-over to his main account (or head mule?) and it had to have been at least 45 minutes that account after account would come into the room, trade, then leave so the next guy could come through. I'm sure under his definition of "carried away" and "appropriate use", he was well within the boundaries.

I think that once your muling (or any aggressive method of play) gets in the way of others participating and having fun, it's time to step back and think.

And as a side note, I fully expect everyone to send a letter (and a flat?) to Disney on behalf of each of their mules.:laughing: :yay:

Taking into consideration that we have 4 more weeks to play, I think instead of arguing and getting wound up over what is okay and what isn't and who has advantage and who doesn't, everybody should enjoy what little bit is left of the game. :)

Side note: Some of the people who complain about this kind of stuff have more sparrow, firewalls, minnie hats and pirate Q than I have ever seen. @_@ Talk about the playing field not being even. LOL

Completely agree! I do the quests with all my characters, but I use the items in my rooms. Sure makes it look better when you have more than one of something when you're going for a theme.

So true. I have yet to even manage to get 1 Sparrow costume, let alone 2 or more. :sad1:
I lost my Minnie hat due to the VMK inventory system and just finally got it back after completely that nightmare quest just 1 time.
Not to mention the in park quest items.

And as a side note, I fully expect everyone to send a letter (and a flat?) to Disney on behalf of each of their mules.:laughing: :yay:
I am. Especially my Holiday characters that I used to just anonymously give away presents. I want to add something to them saying something like "please let me come back to give away my presents next holiday season". :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter