Clearwater/St. Pete suggestions

hoosiergirl

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
Hi! I have a similar question on the Orlando Attractions, etc. board: Any suggestions for a hotel in the Clearwater/St. Petersburg area? We will be there just one night--not for a "vacation." Although it'd be nice to be on the beach, it isn't necessary. Mainly, I'd like a CLEAN! comfortable, not-too-pricey accommodation. Thanks! :)

The Tradewinds is certainly one of the most popular resorts in St. Pete, but can be pricey. We stayed at the Sunrise resort which is right across the street, and still had access to Tradewind property with our stay. The sunrise is a 5 or 6 story condo building, and the rooms are super clean. Also has kitchen and washer/dryer. Many times early in the morning we could see Manatee in the bay while on the back patio of our room. Also has a nice quiet pool. You do have to walk across the street to get to the beach but that wasn't a big deal for our family. phone #813-363-7421 or 800-488-5454. We usually go in Oct., so might be busier if you go in the summer.

We have booked the Howard Johnson St Petersburg Beach Resort. Although we have not gone yet (June 14) the web pictures look very nice. It is directly on the beach! The room rate is $129 but we booked thru expedia and got it for $65! We are staying there for one night at the end of our WDW vacation. check hojo.com, enter st petersburg beach (it is the one at 6100 Gulf Blvd.)

good luck, have fun!:bounce:

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Downtown Dunedin, after checking into the Ramada Inn at Clearwater Beach. The Ramada was not very clean, and after being spoiled by the Disney and Universal Resorts, I couldn't even think of spending the night at the Ramada- we had to pay for the nights stay even though we didn't stay there, but it was OK with us just to get out of the rest of our stay. I actually enjoyed staying at the HI - free continental breakfast- and great location, close to Honeymoon Island Beach (which was so much nicer than Clearwater Beach) and close to Tarpon Springs.

Other choices would be Safety Harbor Resort and Spa or the Belleview Biltmore Resort- both beautiful hotels. Belleview has some rooms that are not as modern as other hotels, but that is what makes it such a charming hotel.

Thanks for the suggestions--and keep 'em coming!;) I'm so gun-shy about staying at places that I find on the web. Last summer we had 3 nights booked at the Jekyll Inn on Jekyll Island, GA. The website looked great--talk about misrepresentation! The place was run-down, and the kicker was when we went to take a nap and found a huge bug in between the sheets! YIKES! We checked out and got our deposit back. Needless to say, I'd rather have someone's opinion than literature from the hotel!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter